Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Which Race are you thinking of starting out with?

Comments

• Options
    Atama said:
    I’ll be honest, I want my main to be a tank and I tried to think of what would be the least stereotypical tank race and settled on elf.  I think taking an elf and trying to make him look as badass as I can will be a fun challenge.

I like the Empyrean style in concept art and their authoritarian outlook fits what I envision for my character so I was able to pick confidently.
    that really sounds challenging, good look with that. cant wait to see the outcome hehe
  • Options
    Currently undecided.
    A lot of it depends on looks and crafting.

I want to look like a human, since it's the most relatable to what I want to portray... but I also want to be one of the best (or versatile) crafting races, too.

Since life dictates that I have to be a more casual player, guess I'll just have to wait and see!
  • Options
    reaccon said:
    Atama said:
    I’ll be honest, I want my main to be a tank and I tried to think of what would be the least stereotypical tank race and settled on elf.  I think taking an elf and trying to make him look as badass as I can will be a fun challenge.

I like the Empyrean style in concept art and their authoritarian outlook fits what I envision for my character so I was able to pick confidently.
    that really sounds challenging, good look with that. cant wait to see the outcome hehe
    I’ll probably look terrible, LOL.
  • Options
    Main will be a Human but I absolutely will have a tough gritty and misunderstood Tulnar Bounty Hunter out to wreak havoc on those naughty PKers who attack defenseless Crafters like my main lol.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    As much as it hurts me I will be playing as Empryean Elf 
    Why will it hurt? The racials will be flavorful but wont be a necessity for any build unless you're a 0.1% min maxer for a very specific setup I suppose
    He just wants to play undead...
  • Options
    Almost all of my toons in EQ2 have been fae.  I suspect nothing like that will be an option in AoC, at least not at first.  So, I will probably make my decision after actually seeing the options available.  The decision will likely be based on appearance rather than any racial skill traits.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Why will it hurt? The racials will be flavorful but wont be a necessity for any build unless you're a 0.1% min maxer for a very specific setup I suppose
    Poor old @nagash.  I'm sure his toon will be the most gaunt, pale wraith like elf EVER ;)
    And of course that will just be a poor disguise to hide the fact he is actually undead.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Oh lol I suppose that could be why 😂

But then wouldn't a Tulnar character fit the undead bit more 🧐
  • Options
    I actually wonder if there will be a "vampire" or "werewolf" like funtions in AoC đŸ€š

I havent heard any talk regarding so. If there are that could potentially alter the racial abilities choices or augments 🧐
  • Options
    I will vote Vek for now, as the stargazer lore fits well with my plans to be a shipwright and captain of a fine vessel I've crafted myself. Still time for me to decide on something else, though.

I really like the aesthetic theme going for the Vek so far, which is another big draw.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Oh lol I suppose that could be why 😂

But then wouldn't a Tulnar character fit the undead bit more 🧐
    I have no idea what they will look like so for now elf it is.
  • Options
    Not playing as Dwarves? That's a grudgin!
  • Options

• Options
    nagash said:

Baruk KhazĂąd! KhazĂąd ai-mĂȘnu!

• Options
    nagash said:

Khazukan Kazakit-ha
  • Options
    nagash said:

LOTRO Had THE best example of Dwarves in gaming. Period.
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    nagash said:

I had a really awesome dwarven minstrel in that game.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    Atama said:
    Kratz said:
    nagash said:

I had a really awesome dwarven minstrel in that game.
    I have a tank myself, but yes, Dwarven minis were cool - (noisy!) :D I sincerely hope we'll get as good a representation in AoC.
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    nagash said:

you may be cool but you will never be slayer cool 
  • Options
    Dwarven Rune Keepers all the way  B) 
  • Options
    Vek orc for me. The orc has always fascinated me and always seen them as high fantasy star-gazers.
    *...Watching my people fight to the death in bloodlust-rage only for power, I turned my thoughts to the nature of the world, to never return to my people and explore my own path...what I discovered would be the virtue of my return...*
  • Options
    Oefh though question defenitely a human for my main, but need more info on the vaelune and kaelar before i choose. Usually i go fpr the race which matches my appearence/personality the most :p
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Whichever race gives me the best crit rate n crit chance for my rogue..

If none, Tulnar, cos the others seem so bland n cliche.. 
  • Options
    I'd like to think I'm not the only one here thinking this.  But you really should have an option like, "Yes" for some of us:
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    nagash said:

Had?  You know, LOTRO is still around right?  Just had their 11 year anniversary a couple months ago.  Best F2P model I think I've seen in any game too.
  • Options
    I will be playing a Kaelar Knight with a militaristic background.
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    nagash said:

Had?  You know, LOTRO is still around right?  Just had their 11 year anniversary a couple months ago.  Best F2P model I think I've seen in any game too.
    Enjoying my 11 year frame as we speak. Past tense, present, my point was clear enough :)
  • Options
    Forgive me for being a heretic and a sinner but what is the difference between the Kalear and Vaelune humans? Haven't been keeping up with the lore if it's been posted lately D:
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Forgive me for being a heretic and a sinner but what is the difference between the Kalear and Vaelune humans? Haven't been keeping up with the lore if it's been posted lately D:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Races

Build. Order. Civilization. These are the foundational principles of the Kaelar. Their empire in the old world spanned the largest of all, and they plan to do the same in this world. Extremely loyal to their roots, the Kaelar will rise to the challenge.

Trade. Law. Hardship.
     The Vaelune were forged in the heat of the desert, and came out anew. Through focusing on trade, the Vaelune became one of the wealthiest empires in the land. They are no stranger to the idea of kill or be killed, whether it be the beasts in the harsh desert or the snakes in the market square.

Kaelar are an organized, technologically advanced culture.  The Vaelune are less organized but skilled at trade and are survivors.
  • Options
    I am really hoping to start as a Vek Summoner. I am hoping the raicals arent too  bad for that combination.