Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Class Balancing

2»

Comments

• Options
    nagash said:
    nagash said:
    nagash said:
    if only it was 93,312 types of undead. I can dream
    You probably can't name that many types of undead...
    Angel of decay
    Animus
    Atropal 
    Baelnorn
    Banshee,
    Blaspheme
    Bleakborn
    Blood Amniote
    Bloodmote Cloud
    Bone Rat Swarm
    Boneclaw
    Boneyard
    Brain In A Jar
    Cinderspawn
    Corpse Gatherer
    Corpse Rat Swarm
    Death Knight
    Deathlock
    Desiccator
    Draugr
    Entomber
    Entropic Reaper
    Forsaken Shell
    Ghast
    Ghost
    Ghoul
    Grave Dirt Golem
    Hulking Corpse
    Lich
    Mummy
    Necromental
    Necropolitan
    Nighthaunt
    Nightshade
    Nightwalker
    Phantom
    Plague Blight
    Poltergeist
    Rainment
    reaper
    Revenant
    scion
    Shadow
    Skeleton
    Skin kite
    Skirr
    Skulking Cyst
    Slaymate
    Spectre
    Tomb Mote
    Vampire
    Visage
    Wheep
    Wight
    Wraith
    Zombie

Do you want more ^^
    Yeah I want 93,312 types and please stop making up gruesome names that fit the undead theme.... get me a character sheet for every single type then we'll talk ;)
    you know will but are you sure you want the backlash ^^
    Say what ? xD 
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Well if I as a necromancer can spawn something like this then I wouldn't really care about the undead tree/races.
    not bad but still not as good as krell

Indeed , but since the Death knight is only level 35 (base atk of a lvl 30 and defense/damage resistance/armor of a lvl 40) there are limits for his strength , we can't expect much from a undead which his common objective is work as a meat shield/scare the hell out of new players. 
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Well if I as a necromancer can spawn something like this then I wouldn't really care about the undead tree/races.

I thought Krell was either a shampoo or something whales ate.
  • Options
    nagash said:

Indeed , but since the Death knight is only level 35 (base atk of a lvl 30 and defense/damage resistance/armor of a lvl 40) there are limits for his strength , we can't expect much from a undead which his common objective is work as a meat shield/scare the hell out of new players. 
    Don't forget the true value of a Death Knight - they can survive the first hit that would "kill" them, regardless of its strength. They are essentially cannon fodder+1. That, and the fact that any creature killed by them becomes an undead Thrall with half the strength of the DK itself.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    Sikuba said:
    nagash said:

Don't forget the true value of a Death Knight - they can survive the first hit that would "kill" them, regardless of its strength. They are essentially cannon fodder+1. That, and the fact that any creature killed by them becomes an undead Thrall with half the strength of the DK itself.
    Krell is a named undead known as a wight king. Wight kings are powerful Undead and are on the same scale as elder Vampires (think a level 60 vampire in overlord). A Wight King's weapons are wrapped in baleful energy the merest touch of their blade can drain the life from their foes, or slice through flesh and bone with ease. For the more powerful wright kings, they use the Black axe which sunders all armour. Every wright kings are clad in ancient armour, and their flesh all but withered away, there is little for an adversary to cut or stab. Even to stand before one of these skeletal warriors of antiquity takes an extreme effort of will.

While the death knight is stunning and I love it it's just not up to the level of a wight king I would say maybe grave guard or tomb guard would be a better match as they are making up the main force of powerful necromancers saying that I would love to see a crypt horror or an ushabti  fight a death knight 

• Options
    I'm pretty sure than the average Death Knight is around 2 meters tall and around lvl 35~ (at least for what I can see in both anime and Light Novel) put him against a creature double his level is asking a bit too much , but yes I wonder what would happen if he fought against other types of undeads.
  • Options
    Sikuba said:
    nagash said:

Yes Yes and those undead by them self can create other undeads. Pretty nasty to deal with if you are alone.
  • Options
    Sikuba said:
    nagash said:

Yes Yes and those undead by them self can create other undeads. Pretty nasty to deal with if you are alone.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure than the average Death Knight is around 2 meters tall and around lvl 35~ (at least for what I can see in both anime and Light Novel) put him against a creature double his level is asking a bit too much , but yes I wonder what would happen if he fought against other types of undeads.
    ushabti  vs death knight I would love to see that fight ^^
  • Options
    Reserructing one powerful creature is cool and all, but I believe a swarm of minions is much more satisfying. I maimed Protoss in SC2 but always loved the amount of units the Zerg could pump out and how individually they are weak but strong together.

Unfortunately  I don’t think that is going to be how the necromancer will work in AoC. But if I can summon a static zombie/skelly wall or a poison AoE nuke I’m down for that.
  • Options
    Theres nothing to stop you , as long as you are powerful enough you can summon a variety of Death Knights or even Higher entities as long as you are powerful enough, at least that's how I think than an High lvl necromancer should work, yes and that part of a skeleton wall.