Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Alpha One question!

So I purchased the 500$ braver of worlds pack for 3 reasons. 
1.) To get lifetime membership in a game I will love
2.) Get access to the first alpha so I can test the game and help develop it.
3.) support the game.
Now, I don't want to sound ungrateful but, Alpha 1 started this week and I haven't received a email at all and from what it seems the Alpha ones will only be given out to some at first and then EVERYONE only a month after? I mean come-on I have waited forever to get my hands on this to try and help out and experience the game and I made my purchase based on the three reasons mentioned above yet I don't have a email regarding how to get into testing it?:) :)  

Comments

• Options
    I was also a KS backer to be clear.
    @GMSteven
  • Options
    It's being released in stages, I believe an initial 250 e-mails were sent out last week to the leaders of Men backers, more people will get a response this week and by the end of the month everyone who purchased the Alpha 1 access will have it.
  • Options
    Greygoose said:
    It's being released in stages, I believe an initial 250 e-mails were sent out last week to the leaders of Men backers, more people will get a response this week and by the end of the month everyone who purchased the Alpha 1 access will have it.
    Ahh okay so I should look for a email for then end of this month or so? 
  • Options
    Earlier for you, they are sending e-mails in order of purchase so you should get yours before the summer backers. They will get it before me. This is my understanding of the situation at least.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    Also, from my understanding.. There was only one test thus far, last Friday night for roughly 3hrs.. and now nothing again till this weekend (or close too).. So although it is the 'second week', you haven't missed much at all.. It's just getting ramped up.. :)
    On a side note I have to wait till the open-arenas, and/or Alpha 2..
  • Options
    philx said:
    Greygoose said:
    Ahh okay so I should look for a email for then end of this month or so? 
    Yes. This is all public knowledge that can be found on discord, these forums and https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Alpha-1.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Alpha 1 did not yet start, that is slated for an ETA of 3rd week of September 2018. We are currently Stress testing the servers in preparation for launch of Alpha 1.

1. Last Fridays stress test did include LoM and higher backers with a limited number of BoW backers.
    2. This weeks test will expand in scope significantly and it is highly likely that as a BoW backer you will be included

Understanding the phases and their access points can be summed up here:

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/40288/ashes-of-creation-release-dates/p1

• Options
    edited September 2018
    philx said:
    3.) support the game.
    Now, I don't want to sound ungrateful but, Alpha 1 started this week and I haven't received a email at all and from what it seems the Alpha ones will only be given out to some at first and then EVERYONE only a month after? I mean come-on I have waited forever to get my hands on this to try and help out and experience the game and I made my purchase based on the three reasons mentioned above yet I don't have a email regarding how to get into testing it?:) :)  
    The stress test was only 250 people last week to test servers and launcher compatibility. 

{Deleted for correction}

The order in which Invites are sent out first is as follows..

-Your package Tier (Higher package deals recieve higher priority over when you got a package) And then after that it goes in order of when you bought your package

So Kickstarter backers of the same level as a summer backers would get in BEFORE the summer backers. That is if the number of participants is capped for server reasons
  • Options
    So close yet so far right? :smiley:

Hopefully the stress test was successful. I have seen no news from @GMSteven so will take it that no new is good news and everything went to plan and the invites to Alpha 1 will start rolling out soon(tm).
  • Options
    The stress test was only 250 people last week to test servers and launcher compatibility. 

Alpha 1 testing does indeed start this week. But emails will not be going out until later in the week closer to the actual launch of Alpha testing.

-Your package Tier (Higher package deals recieve higher priority over when you got a package) And then after that it goes in order of when you bought your package

So Kickstarter backers of the same level as a summer backers would get in BEFORE the summer backers. That is if the number of participants is capped for server reasons
    This is inaccurate. Alpha 1 starts sometime the 3rd week of September. Beginning on September 7th, Alpha Stress testing began and will run for an estimated 2 to 3 weeks leading up to Alpha 1's launch ;)
  • Options
    philx said:
    3.) support the game.
    You're probably being "deplatformed" like me. 
  • Options

Alpha 1 testing does indeed start this week. But emails will not be going out until later in the week closer to the actual launch of Alpha testing.

This is inaccurate. Alpha 1 starts sometime the 3rd week of September. Beginning on September 7th, Alpha Stress testing began and will run for an estimated 2 to 3 weeks leading up to Alpha 1's launch ;)
    Ahh okay. Thank you. I thought it was opening up for the full one this week
  • Options
    Any development on this?
    It is now well into the third week of Sept and as a Braver of Worlds KS backer I still have not received anything... Is it still too early, was I unlucky not to be chosen yet and am I overeager? 
  • Options
    Tiemie said:
    Any development on this?
    It is now well into the third week of Sept and as a Braver of Worlds KS backer I still have not received anything... Is it still too early, was I unlucky not to be chosen yet and am I overeager? 

• Options
    I bought the alpha 1 pass on february 2018 and got my email yesterday if that helps u guys.
  • Options
    Yep. I received my email just a few days ago
This discussion has been closed.