Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Outnumbered

2»

Comments

• Options
    1990 would be 28, most ~28's I know have their stuff relatively together. At least in the same proportions as 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, and even some 60's so...

Also, the question "You are not too smart, are not you?" is odd.

Anyways.
    I agree with the info block above the avatar.
    I think names should be there (avatar names, not account names) but should be optional to view. I don't see the purpose of posting levels above players, but it should also be an option.

I would suggest to err on the side of more options than less.
  • Options
    Shoklen said:
    One thing I hope for is the ability to know nothing about another player except by looking at their clothing and carried gear... That way Mr Nub-scrub-ganker will question if he wants to randomly attack someone unprovoked or not.
    "Are they my level? high? Lower?" None of this /con, "ohhh hes 5 levels below. Perfect to gank and camp!" Crap. To me, that isn't pvp... That's just someone with unresolved RL issues.. haha.. But.. I'd love to see the face on Mr Nub-scrub... **Fires arrow at target**, **Health of target move only a pinch**, *Mr Scrub knows he's in trouble as the target turns around**.. :smile:
    That's not going to happen in Ashes. Thankfully, so.

Asking characters what their levels are is meta and too immersion-breaking.
    But, also... characters can lie and characters will be disguising their gear with cosmetics.
    In addition, characters take a huge Corruption hit for killing non-combatants who are significantly below the attackers' level, so... we will need to know how far below or above our opponents are.
    We'll know whether we want to "randomly" kill other players because we can accurately determine their levels.