Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Battle Royal mode, gone forever or just until Easter?

Steven said it might, but probably not, make it into the final game.  I think everyone loved it so much they need to include it or face player backlash, even if it's just as an Easter Egg that can only be accessed in a secret way. What do you think?

Like, instead of defeating the Windmill Monster you run into it's mouth 3 times. Something like that.

Comments

• Options
    Battle royales are shit.
  • Options
    Gone from the MMORPG for good.
    OK to make a separate Ashes BR game.
  • Options
    Totally agree.

It should not be part of the MMORPG, but having it as a stand alone BR game tied to the Ashes universe would be a good investment.

• Options
    If they had it as a standalone it would also give the "make Ashes esports worthy!" people that pop up occasionally something to deal with, along with the "I only want to pvp, don't force me to pve!" crowd. It would give them their own little safe space where they could polish each others epeen to stellar brightness.
  • Options
    I think I talked about it in another discussion, I'd love to see the BR-Mode as a reoccurring Event. So that it's not available all the time but only during a small event period.
    This wouldn't really split the playerbase and fight against long queuetimers, let's face it, if we get to discover Verra and build up our nodes, only a few would queue for BR^^
  • Options
    Do we really need another BR game
  • Options
    In regards to the MMO I don't have an interest in it being part of the game and the arenas will likely fill that for me. Whether they reuse it in a separate Verra based game I'm indifferent.

Though I wouldn't mind seeing parts of it integrated into the game; a world boss that uses the corruption zone, having to enter empty-handed and loot, or the area can only be entered from the sky because magic barriers.
  • Options
    drdebica said:
    Do we really need another BR game
    No yet people still make them.
  • Options
    Including it in the game would likely pull interested players out of the main game while tying up server spots. 
  • Options
    Anytime I hear chat about the Devs diverging their attention into another project, it makes me worry.    Hell, having a PvE version of the game and a PvP version is the same thing.  

KEEP THE DEVS focused on the MMO in front of them please.   There's a huge amount of work there already, we don't need to distract them with creating a polished, public ready BR game.
  • Options
    how about save the BR for Mayor Election method for Military Node... best of both... BR saved for posterity and inducted as part of game
  • Options
    Lets play spot the MMO players lol.

I fully understand this is to test the action combat so lets test and move on. Alpha1 phase 2 can't get here fast enough.
  • Options
    I paid for a MMO not a Battle royal so the sooner we get back to the normal MMO structure the better but that's just my view.
  • Options
    If they add a battle royal gamemode, i will tell everyone i know to stay FAR away from the game. I cannot support that kinda crap with a clean mind
  • Options
    As much as I love the idea of BR, I'd prefer the game to be referred to as 'The MMORPG' than a battle royale game because that is essentially what it is meant to be.
  • Options
    I picked the last option because imagining it made me laugh
  • Options
    Would not really mind it at all, if you would not be forced to play it I say it should be in game. The more pvp game modes, the more fun.
  • Options
    Maybe pop it back in for certain evens/occasions but never for long, keep it away most of the time.
  • Options
    Keep Battle Royale in, along the lines of Neverwinter has their battle ground.

Would be great jump into the game and get your quick dose of pvp or hone your pvp skills

• Options
    Game doesn't need to be bloated by this feature creep of an idea, use it for its intended purpose in QA and leave it behind.
  • Options
    Was mentioned it was just a test bed, which is fantastic and a good way to test systems.. Once the full game goes live.. Kick it to the curb... I'd even say kick it when Alpha 2 starts, but that's just my opinion. As a stand-a-lone game? I'd say no to that too, it would divide the community to a degree.
    There will be plenty of PVP in the normal game.. :)
  • Options
    I don't see why this would be an issue to have as an optional pvp scenario. They already mentioned some pretty cool law as to why the battleground exists, so they can just expand on that. I would say keep it in game so Intrepid continue to make their subscription. 
  • Options
    Gosh, I guess we have an overwhelming winner. No player backlash here. 
  • Options
    sunfrog said:
    Gosh, I guess we have an overwhelming winner. No player backlash here. 
    Well a Battle Royale is not a MMORPG
  • Options
    I play BRs and there are plenty of them out there already. If you want to play a BR like this there are plenty of options so it wouldn't make sense to try to get those people to come to AOC just for BR. I also don't want it to take away time from IS in making their MMORPG elements.
  • Options
    BRs got hyped past years, and in view months or years the next hype comes. There are so much BRs out there that you could spend a fortune to play them all. Not each company needs to jump on the train of that, and I don't want to see BR in this MMO.

Sure you could put out a separate game for that, but I hope they focus on the main game and not a money grab with a second game to get more funds. If you have a total team only hired working on the BR fine, but as I said, hope they focus on the main game and put more resources in there if needed.
  • Options
    We are already going to have FFA battles at colosseums in military nodes, right? So if we could have some sort of events in those that aren't a part of the (monthly?) elections, there's not really a need to include a BR mode in the game.
  • Options
    Though I wouldn't mind seeing parts of it integrated into the game; a world boss that uses the corruption zone, having to enter empty-handed and loot, or the area can only be entered from the sky because magic barriers.
    I like this idea  B)  

• Options
    have it as an arena mode separate from the persistent world

star citizen has a separate dog fighting module on the main menu screen
    blade and soul has instanced arenas (as do many MMO's)
  • Options
    If they add a battle royal gamemode, i will tell everyone i know to stay FAR away from the game. I cannot support that kinda crap with a clean mind
    so... good game is good. good game with br = crap. -100iq logic...