Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Would you care if exclusive cosmetics became available in game?

13»

Comments

• Jahlon said:

Jahlon said:
    This poll is very poorly constructed.

Never made one before, I just cant believe people would choose having content removed, purely so no one has what they have, not allowing anyone else to buy things they missed for reason I cant fathom.
    it makes them less money as they have less cosmetics to sell and it kills people like me who love to collect.

Here is the thing with a poll, you have to account for both answers that support your position and answers that do not.

Your poll is clearly directed towards the people who have already purchased exclusive cosmetics, so you need to craft it something like this

Would you care if your exclusive cosmetics became available in game?
    Yes 
    No

Now, if you wanted to get more detail out of the answer you could go

Yes - I purchased them as exclusive and they should say exclusive
    Yes - No reason given
    No - It wouldn't bother me
    No - Everyone should be able to earn them
    No - But they shouldn't become available until a certain amount of time has passed
    No - No Reason Given

Basically, your poll isn't a poll, its just a clever way to say you are unhappy about the situation with the exclusive cosmetics and you are trying to have something to back up your opinion, however, your data gathering was poor thus your results are irrelevant. 

I thought people would see sense having read it.
    Sadly I don't think that has happened.
    Majority of you still think in black and white.
    That's because this argument is black and white... All previous Content marked as exclusive is exactly that... There is no different interpretation of the wording. 
  • Sikuba said:
    Meh, I feel as though exclusive content is fine to offer up again, as long as it is absurdly difficult/unlikely to get. As long as it retains its value as incredibly rare, being “exclusive” seems unnecessary. I missed out on the December-February 2018 preorder pack simply from not being involved in the game or community and haven’t found a package since that I wanted as much. I may not have been there at the time, but we aren’t always where we should be when we should be there.

Perhaps something like a lifetime subscription should be essentially impossibly to acquire, but a cosmetic that was missed due to timing should not be held to that standard, in my opinion. I’d be willing to pay for it, even if I had to pay more than my predecessors to do so.

Exactly!!!! damn can you imagine if players like us where the majority, games would be so much better.
    We don't think in black and white.
    You may not think black and white, but you are VERY biased when creating polls. You are clearly stating that you just wanted people to agree with you, and now because the majority disagrees with you, you guys are somehow the underdogs that would make the community better if you were the majority?

Perhaps you should try and look at it from a different perspective and take into consideration how people who bought the exclusive items would feel, should they return to the store.
  • If we are going to put things in black and white then I believe we should bring up Michael Jackson. 

https://youtu.be/pTFE8cirkdQ

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018

TBQH the only reason I would be O.K.(and I say OK, not happy) with people getting access to our Exclusive and Unique cosmetic items, is if the only other way to get them was an almost impossible task, and I mean John Wick levels of impossible tasks.

If someone spends a year specifically working for it, and I mean like 10 hours a day, 7 days a week 365 and 1/4 days.

Its exclusive. They didn't buy it. If all of a sudden they now think that they deserve it or something, then maybe they should have considered investing in the game from the start(because to be fair, all kickstarter is is a way to get money without calling it an investment, because then you'd actually owe your customers something)

On the other hand if someone is willing to go so far at the level that I would cut my own wrists before even attempting...then I say give them the(again) ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TASK.

BraneGames said:
    Grimseethe said:
    Sikuba said:
    Meh, I feel as though exclusive content is fine to offer up again, as long as it is absurdly difficult/unlikely to get. As long as it retains its value as incredibly rare, being “exclusive” seems unnecessary. I missed out on the December-February 2018 preorder pack simply from not being involved in the game or community and haven’t found a package since that I wanted as much. I may not have been there at the time, but we aren’t always where we should be when we should be there. 

Perhaps something like a lifetime subscription should be essentially impossibly to acquire, but a cosmetic that was missed due to timing should not be held to that standard, in my opinion. I’d be willing to pay for it, even if I had to pay more than my predecessors to do so.

Exactly!!!! damn can you imagine if players like us where the majority, games would be so much better.
    You may not think black and white, but you are VERY biased when creating polls. You are clearly stating that you just wanted people to agree with you, and now because the majority disagrees with you, you guys are somehow the underdogs that would make the community better if you were the majority?

Perhaps you should try and look at it from a different perspective and take into consideration how people who bought the exclusive items would feel, should they return to the store.
    Thats because in this day and age everyone needs to be equal. 

Like a Midget Bodyguard...

About as useful as a screen door in a submarine...
  • Hey, don't slam the Midget Bodyguard.....they work the best undercover, and are paid under the table.
  • Hey, don't slam the Midget Bodyguard.....they work the best undercover, and are paid under the table.
    That almost went over my head. 
    filthy halflings and their rings 
    So short-tempered...  Don’t sweat the small stuff and calm down a little.
  • *Throws another bowl of troll food under the bridge*
  • People are so selfish.
  • Dyrits said:
    People are so selfish.
    Welcome to life, it's full of dickheads :3
  • Dyrits said:
    People are so selfish.
    I like selfish people more than stupid people but you don't see me complaining 
  • Dyrits said:
    People are so selfish.
    I know right. How can one be so selfish as to tear away what makes something special?
  • nagash said:
    Sikuba said:

Well thank god we live in the real world were laws help keep companies to their words
    Yes and thank God  most people are educated enough to fully understand the definition of "exclusive"  and are not so jealous of others possessions that they want to devalue them.  The only thing they actually devalue is their petty selves.
  • Sikuba said:

Thats because in this day and age everyone needs to be equal.

Like midget bodyguards.

About as useful as a screen door in a submarine.
  • omg peepol R so shellfish for expecting to reeceev what dey bought.
  • Compared to Jason Momoa all bodyguards are midgets

Related image
  • LOL could you make this anymore biased?  Things that were advertised as exclusive should stay exclusive period.  If you're upset that you didn't purchase them in time to benefit then sorry that's life. You had all the same chance to purchase it like everyone else and you didn't. Intrepid doesn't owe you another shot at it because you feel entitled to it.  If it's too much to handle, go play another game.  This incessant whining serves no purpose. 
  • Dumb poll.

My solution? Make it so those exclusive items are not bound to the character. Allow those who have obtained them the ability to sell and/or trade them.
  • Glory said:
    Dumb poll.

My solution? Make it so those exclusive items are not bound to the character. Allow those who have obtained them the ability to sell and/or trade them.
    Can’t do that or it would go against the main goal of no P2W. It would be turning real life money into in game currency. 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
    nagash said:
    Sikuba said:

Perhaps something like a lifetime subscription should be essentially impossible to acquire, but a cosmetic that was missed due to timing should not be held to that standard, in my opinion. I’d be willing to pay for it, even if I had to pay more than my predecessors to do so.

Well thank god we live in the real world were laws help keep companies to their words
    True, I'm pretty sure that legally, they can't make exclusive items offered return, especially in the case of the Kickstarter rewards. Actually I noticed something about the wording of the Monthly Pack. Taken directly frome the site, note: 

"Pre-Order Pack cosmetics are only available during the month they are featured, and will never be available again for purchase."

Based on that description, it sounds as though this is the only time that the monthly items will be on sale, not necessarily that they won't be acquirable through some means in-game. This doesn't mean that they'll actually make it accessible to players, it just suggests that if they wanted to include an item from the monthly pack in a future event, it would not be illegal to do so. The decision would then probably fall to public opinion of the matter.

Of course, I could just be over-interpreting the wording. Regardless, if I have to, I'm okay with finding another skeleton boat. Nagash, do you happen to have a few dozen basic skeletons to spare? I promise I'll pay you back once arenas open up :)
  • I hope they have a fisherman cosmetics.. I would buy in a heartbeat
  • Sintu said:
    Glory said:
    Dumb poll.

Can’t do that or it would go against the main goal of no P2W. It would be turning real life money into in game currency. 
    Good point