Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Results: [SURVEY] Sub-Class Names

Hi guys! A big thanks to everyone who participated!

When I processed the data there were 89 participants. I zigsawed the results into this graphic:

This largely represents the #1 voted picks, except in the case of Beastmaster which was voted top in two categories, and for some Templar/Crusader/Paladin redundancies. In both cases I tried to fit the ones voted highest while also not doubling up/conflicting or leaving no other decent 2nd runner up in place.

Original forum survey post: 
https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/40757/survey-sub-class-names-the-one-survey-to-rule-them-all#latest

If you wanna see the data, I exported it to a google doc: 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_wxXdNAxHr2xg7-21sKdMTNWPCiuUzaGg9WRrZg6v3Y/edit?usp=sharing

The formatting highlighting anything with 60%+ favorability green, and anything 40-60% favorability yellow, for an overview at a quick glance. These % numbers represent # of people who selected that name/total participants. Or in other words, % of people who liked the name well enough to select it as either top or second best pick. (Edit: I added conditional formatting to highlight in red any of the OG names with under 20% favorability, if there was only going to be a few changes, these would be the ones that should be changed)

The data is interesting, you can see there are large swings in name selection popularity, with some subclasses almost unanimously decided, and others are all over the place, and even others seem almost like none of the names were desirable. Some of these results surprised me. Take a look for yourself and share what you think.

Comments

• Options
    ARCHMAGE <3
  • Options
    Where ma god class? I wanna be a god :(
  • Options
    Get out of here stalker!

but its a good list 
  • Options
    Meh it should be mage classes and the all the rest are 'meatbag'
  • Options
    How exactly does it determine the name. I'm confused if it goes across or down? Is Fighter + Tank = Knight or is it Tank + Fighter = Knight?
  • Options
    it's the vertical name first then the horizontal one

E.g summoner + cleric = necromancer
  • Options
    My only suggestion would be some type of branding or mark on the chart to show that it is not an official matrix of classes. If it dose indeed have one, I missed it and apologize.
  • Options
    Shoklen said:
    My only suggestion would be some type of branding or mark on the chart to show that it is not an official matrix of classes. If it dose indeed have one, I missed it and apologize.
    Good call. Updated the graphic so it says what it is.
  • Options
    Aww would have preferred bladedancer to duelist but oh well, it's still much better than the ones they have now, no offense Steven!
  • Options
    As long as I have my necro you can name each class whatever you want