Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Holy Trinity - No "We can all heal ourselves" -mmorpg pls

13»

Comments

• Options
    nagash said:
    Just sing till you drive them to suicide ^^
    All the more reason to name Bard + Fighter a Dirge!
    It should totally be gladiator *hmph* ;D 
  • Options
    No to insta heal, ahahah lots of mmo when you click the potion it will insta heal you no cast time needed xD i hope healing potion will be like in the apocalypse, having a few seconds cast time(dringking it animation)
  • Options
    The last I heard, Intrepid wanted ALL players to be able to play the way they want.

Even if that means being an anti-social self healing loner in a crowded field.
    It just means that as with all previous mmorpgs, you'd have to take the time to spec that way and sacrifice other skills, such as healing others.

As it's understood, nope, you won't have able to spec towards multiple goals, and really, what use other than as a spy is some indestructible but harmless flea?

Sure, you might find 'gathering' avatars with all that self healing, but as they've still got to go from a to b with the goods, taking down their mounts should work.

So no, it's unlikely you'll find masses of indestructible ironmen
  • Options
    @Megs Welcome back. We had it clarified just last stream that mounts, mules, and pets are all under the flagging system. So while the tactic of trying to kill their mounts will be valid, it will incur all the regular flagging mechanics.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    Megs said:
    The last I heard, Intrepid wanted ALL players to be able to play the way they want.

Even if that means being an anti-social self healing loner in a crowded field.
    It just means that as with all previous mmorpgs, you'd have to take the time to spec that way and sacrifice other skills, such as healing others.

comment:

Yeah it should be possible to solo the stuff with potions for example or smth. But a team consisting of some dudes healing themselves with potions should never be as strong as a team with a dedicated healer.