Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Legendaries - What do you think about them and how should we be able to obtain them?

2»

Comments

• Options

Obtaining a legendary item will not be RNG based. It will entail obtaining construction components from various progression pathways.[3]

The amount of effort needed and interdependencies across the different types of players – between raiders and PvPers and crafters and even role players and the taverns and businesses: the processors and gatherers – all of those systems will likely have a component that lends toward creating or crafting that legendary item... We want to stay away from the highly RNGd system, and instead take our multiple progression paths that we are offering the players and put the construction components for achieving these legendary items within them so it encourages communities to work together because it's going to be difficult for just one person by themselves to gather everything. Not to say that they couldn't in an economic sense, by buying those components, that's possible. But achieving them from a time investment standpoint we want it to be considerably less RNG focussed.[3] – Steven Sharif

Legendary items are not intended to be temporary.[4]

The fact there is only one of them... or very very few of them depending on what it is. I think that in and of itself is a balance component right and you need to make sure that the players who are striving for those legendary things and who are devoting the time energy, resources in order to achieve them are accurately rewarded... We do not intend on having legendary items that are temporary.[4] – Steven Sharif

So as i said in the crafting thread Legendaries will be craftable and crafters will be the end gear creators. Gear will also decay and be repairable which is the same for Legendaries. Decay of a legendary will be faster if you go corrupted. However the full MMO has not been implemented or tested yet and things are subject to change.

• Options
    Wow. My retracted statements have reappeared. It's Magic!
  • Options
    i love the idea of legendary drops.. until you add pvp in the mix. Then basically you just gave someone an advantage few others can have and you end up with AA2. So it works like this Joe pays Chang the gold Farmer to go farm up X item Joe gets legendary whatever and now in order to compete with Joe everyone else must either give up a significant amount of time or pay Chang to get them one. Then Joe gets only his friends who have said items and poof controls the server.  
  • Options
    although i still like the idea of legendary drop items just not in the case where they can create a ArchAge situation where you either have X gear or you lose.