Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Equipment drops upon death (PVP)

2»

Comments

• Options
    nagash said:
    Honestly @Grimseethe you are something akin to comic relief at this point.

Nothing I say is wrong though.
    People don't want to lose items when they die, they don't want to be ganked all the time.
    Steps will obviously be taken to avoid this and in time it will fade in obscurity.
    you sound like a broken AI at this point

Saddest thing is how hard it to prove facts that haven't taken place yet.
  • Options
    nagash said:

People don't want to lose items when they die, they don't want to be ganked all the time.
    Steps will obviously be taken to avoid this and in time it will fade in obscurity.

It is not a "fact" if it has not happened yet.
    Here is the definition of a "Fact" -
    https://www.dictionary.com/browse/fact
    1. something that actually exists; reality; truth:Your fears have no basis in fact.
    2. something known to exist or to have happened:Space travel is now a fact.
    3. truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true:Scientists gather facts about plant growth.
  • Options
    nagash said:

that's not a fact then that a premonition
  • Options
    Beat you to it @nagash :D
  • Options
    Beat you to it @nagash :D
    haha well done 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    I don't dismiss ideas unless they're flawed.
    my opinions and ideas are usually a cut above the rest, I cant pretend to be modest.
    I don't spread negativity I say what will improve a game and people get mad.
    Having logic and foresight is a curse if no one around you can comprehend it.
    Grimseethe said:
    Atama said:
    Grimseethe said:
    Grimseethe said:
    nagash said:
    I've past caring. If you end up playing then good, I hope you enjoy the game if not move on and stop making this pointless posts that serve only to make you look like a fool.

Nothing I do is pointless, I wish the community would realise that.
    Long story short, a respectful and well thought out thread goes a long way if you want to be taken serious and your opinions given a fair read.

Sadly I don't care what others think of me.
    Having vision and logic are a curse when you can't prove it.
    That's why it comes off as arrogance.
    Arrogance is “an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions”.

Being presumptuous is “overstepping due bounds (of propriety or courtesy)”.

You've consistently given an impression of superiority, going so far as to denigrate the entire community as being beneath you, repeatedly.  You’ve made grandiose claims that you admit you can’t back up.  You not only ignore courtesy in doing so, you declare that you have no interest in courtesy.

In other words you exhibit the literal definition of arrogance.  You don’t appear to be arrogant, as an observation of fact you are.  

But when its justified, what am I suppose to do about it?
    Grimseethe said:

My foresight makes it fact.
    When I say society will eventually destroy itself its a fact, even though it hasn't happened yet.
    When you've been playing mmos for 20 years and have my mind.
    You know what is going to happen.

It would benefit you immensely for you to understand as soon as possible that you are a textbook example of a god complex. I mean this seriously, not as just another insult.

God complex:

"A person with a god complex may refuse to admit the possibility of their error or failure, even in the face of irrefutable evidence, intractable problems or difficult or impossible tasks. The person is also highly dogmatic in their views, meaning the person speaks of their personal opinions as though they were unquestionably correct. Someone with a god complex may exhibit no regard for the conventions and demands of society, and may request special consideration or privileges."

*Edited to include most recent text*
  • Options
    nagash said:
    nagash said:

When I say society will eventually destroy itself its a fact, even though it hasn't happened yet.
  • Options
    I won't play if equipment drops.This would make the game a very niche game indeed.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    nagash said:

sounds like the delusions of a madman
  • Options
    nagash said:
    nagash said:
    nagash said:

sounds like the delusions of a madman
    Madman ? THIS IS SPARTAMAN *proceeds to kick nagash in the chest*
  • Options
    20 years of MMO playing makes you an undeniable truth about MMO's.

So my 40 years of life has granted me the undeniable truth about life.
    I know the truth about life because I have been alive for over 19 years.

I can't say I disagree with this logic :wink:
  • Options
    He must be an mad AI.
    I mean skynet was activated 1997. Instead of conquering the world it began to play MMOs.
    Now it has over 20 years of MMO experience. But instead of gathering information it just says that its opinions are facts because he thinks his AI-brain is better than our human brains.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I hate that idea, losing a hard earned crafted item over someone camping me while i'm questing or getting butt **** by some group.
    I loved world pvp in wow but wouldn't that mechanic encourage players to keep their best items closed in their banks after earning them?

I'm ok with the mechanic as it is, corrupted only
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I won't play if equipment drops.This would make the game a very niche game indeed.
    mazh said:
    I hate that idea, losing a hard earned crafted item over someone camping me while i'm questing. Wouldn't it encourage players to keep their best items closed in their banks after earning them?
    I will say it again since it seems people only read the last couple posts in a thread. There is no equipment drops by players except in the case of a player having gone on a multiple kill ganking spree and accumulating high corruption. Normal pvp and questing does not have any equipment drops. So if you decide to kill others that don't fight back in the open world you could have a chance to drop equipment when you die corrupted from doing that, but you would have made an active choice multiple times to get to that state. A person cannot "camp" you and take your items.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I noticed that I did not mention that I'm ok with the current system, just not what the OP wanted. Edited, and even then UnknownSystem got it, there is no erros on this dude
  • Options
    Azathoth said:
    20 years of MMO playing makes you an undeniable truth about MMO's.

So my 40 years of life has granted me the undeniable truth about life.
    I know the truth about life because I have been alive for over 19 years.

I can't say I disagree with this logic :wink:

MMOs are not as grand or complex as life.
  • Options
    Augentier said:
    He must be an mad AI.
    I mean skynet was activated 1997. Instead of conquering the world it began to play MMOs.
    Now it has over 20 years of MMO experience. But instead of gathering information it just says that its opinions are facts because he thinks his AI-brain is better than our human brains.

Soon you will see that I do not speak unless I am right.
  • Options
    Augentier said:
    He must be an mad AI.

Soon you will see that I do not speak unless I am right.
    The day you are right about ashes is the day necrons will come from mars and kill us all
  • Options
    It amazes me how many people complain about this topic I guess I am a bit older and grew up playing Ultima Online where if you died guess what you dropped everything lol.  I mean if you wanna go PVE and have zero risk of anything go play WoW apparently my generation has much thicker skin then some of these care bears we got today.  :expressionless:  
  • Options
    It amazes me how many people complain about this topic I guess I am a bit older and grew up playing Ultima Online where if you died guess what you dropped everything lol.  I mean if you wanna go PVE and have zero risk of anything go play WoW apparently my generation has much thicker skin then some of these care bears we got today.  :expressionless:  
    Some people just grew used to it, personally I love the idea of open world pvp, though I also see how pve-only players wouldn't want it especially with a game like Ashes which looks really good 'w'
  • Options

Some people just grew used to it, personally I love the idea of open world pvp, though I also see how pve-only players wouldn't want it especially with a game like Ashes which looks really good 'w'
    Well we can't please everyone I guess but if the world is as large as they say then we should not really have to much of an issue with pvp players and pve players which I just thought of something anyone know what the max population each server is going to be? 
  • Options

Well we can't please everyone I guess but if the world is as large as they say then we should not really have to much of an issue with pvp players and pve players which I just thought of something anyone know what the max population each server is going to be? 
    About 10000.
  • Options
    Sintu said:

About 10000.
    insert over 9000 joke here ........
  • Options
    Nobody said anything against PvP or World PvP, just against dropping gear.
  • Options
    mazh said:
    Even though it was explained that the only way you can drop gear is if you go around killing players who do not consent to pvp at all and gain a lot of corruption this way...
  • Options
    mazh said:
    Even though it was explained that the only way you can drop gear is if you go around killing players who do not consent to pvp at all and gain a lot of corruption this way...
    I know, and I'm ok with it, as I said before. I'm just not ok with the ideia of the OP that you drop gear no matter your corruption.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Well, then I guess you won't be ganking people needlessly then. That you don't like the possible outcome means it is working as intended. The only system that matters is the one Intrepid is implementing. People can wishlist and say "I know better....listen to me, listen to me...." all they want, doesn't mean anything is going to change. We are 18 months into this recurring argument that crops up in threads over pvp and corruption, and you know what Intrepid have changed in their statements during that whole time? Nothing.
  • Options
    Well, then I guess you won't be ganking people needlessly then. That you don't like the possible outcome means it is working as intended. The only system that matters is the one Intrepid is implementing. People can wishlist and say "I know better....listen to me, listen to me...." all they want, doesn't mean anything is going to change. We are 18 months into this recurring argument that crops up in threads over pvp and corruption, and you know what Intrepid have changed in their statements during that whole time? Nothing.
    exactly, again, i'm ok with the system as it is.