Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

UPDATED DATE: Official Livestream - Thursday, December 6th at 2pm PST - Q&A thread

2»

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    Alluring said:

Is that a UNIGOAT??? Or did someone stab it in the face with an icicle? 
  • Stabby said:
    Is that a UNIGOAT??? Or did someone stab it in the face with an icicle? 
    Its whatever your heart desires friend, I'll update post with ss of lore 
  • Will there be more information regarding servers  it would be kinda cool to start talking already with others in the forums on initial node development plans. This way certain guilds could start trying to diversify their members based on where they plan to set up and claim loyalty to which nodes. Even though things might not stay due to sieges and diplomacy. It could get a server off to a running start with ideas on how to develop itself.
  • how destructible will things be in the MMO? and will it be only available in sieges?
    edited December 2018
    Please can you explain why player names are restricted to minimum 3 characters and not minimum 2 characters like Archeage and other MMO's.

Could it be changed to minimum 2 characters thanks  :)  <3
  • Will there be any eastern style weapons ? Perhaps Arabic or Japanese or Chinese?
  • Will it be possible to destroy parts of the environment for example if I throw a fireball at trees will they burn down and re spawn later or will the spell hit it like a wall ? 
  • Do you watch anime ? ^^
  • Are the names for the classes final or will they be subject to change and be renamed? 
  • Have you considered implementing a multi mode combat system? Ranged mode would be like an FPS while Melee mode would be like For Honor, or Dark Souls.

Add in full damage friendly fire, and there could be a chance for a players who are skilled enough to defeat a group of greifers or spawn campers, and make use of battle tactics and formation in GvG, or PvP, RvR combat.
  • Will there be any shorter-window late-night testing for those that work during the 3-7PM-ish window?

I'm just jealous that I have access to the testing... but can't make it during the typical times most days to actually contribute like I want to.
  • When can we expect the new website/forums to be implemented ? 
  • How will the weapon and character skill/talent trees work? Are you leaning more towards the old style of how WoW talents looked?
  • How customizable will our hired NPCs be? Will we be able to name them, customize their appearance, even assign skill/ability points and/or level them up by having them do tasks and keeping them employed for a long time?
  • when will we see the all mighty bacon again on the stream? :smile:
  • With most MMORPGS being released with so little stuff todo once you hit end game. What can we expect a usual day at the end game?
  • Regarding Traversal: I know AoC is going to involve a lot of walking/riding to places, since there is no fast travel, and it's a big world out there. So how do y'all intend to keep players interested during their travel-time? 
    edited December 2018
    Hey Steven! I was wondering if we will be able to play as a left-handed character, so we can choose in what hand we could wear a shield for example.

And how much customization can you do on your racial skin?
    Will it have the same customization as if you were in the character creation screen?

• If we are already an Alpha 1 or 2 backer, do we need to register for AoC: apocalypse ? Or can we use our existing Ashes of Creation credentials?
  • will the Dec 18th beta include Castle Sieges?
    edited December 2018
    @IntrepidStudios Can you confirm that indeed the current animations are mere placeholders and far from the final version? (They look like Skyrim aka not smooth, and i believe what most of us want is BDO-like) Really excited for the game otherwise :smiley:

• Why do you even have forums (and threads like this) if you only answer questions from Discord? WTF?