Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Know Your Nodes Series

Comments

• Options
    Kiryu_riyKiryu_riy Member, Leader of Men
    nagash wrote: »
    arzosah wrote: »
    ryuuji wrote: »
    When?

When you least expect it.

just like some men in red coats I know

Without doubts
  • Options
    servolkservolk Member
    Node system looks promising.
    But home system can be corrupted.
    So, for the newcomer (after 1-2 month from launch or year from launch) it will be not home friendly, because all homes were already bought/occupied at the level 1-3 of the village for a little gold. And to buy one on level 4-5 from existing owner will be impossible without real money/donate.
    As I see for the newcomer it will be "pay to own" and I think without real cash not possible?

Tell me if I wrong?
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    servolk wrote: »
    So, for the newcomer (after 1-2 month from launch or year from launch) it will be not home friendly, because all homes were already bought/occupied at the level 1-3 of the village for a little gold. And to buy one on level 4-5 from existing owner will be impossible without real money/donate.
    As I see for the newcomer it will be "pay to own" and I think without real cash not possible?

Tell me if I wrong?

Archeage had this problem, the land rush with launch then every fresh start server after.

The difference in Ashes will be the limited amount of property you can hold on your account. 1 freehold.

As for the people showing up months post launch, I have 0 sympathy for.

You don't make a band start over if a group of people show up at the concert 3 songs into their set. Ago when it starts, or don't, but don't expect to have everything the people who were there on time do.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Hello. It's been two months since the last node announcement. End of the month Intrepid show is set for tomorrow. Will the divine node info be posted?

update: It was not.
  • Options
    sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    lol, update: it was not. :disappointed:

Since the religions will be different from one another will one of them work better with the religious node's powers?
    For instance, let's say the superpower is instant healing, but the religion doesn't believe in healing. They believe in letting the fates decide whether one lives or dies. Then that religion won't be taking advantage of the superpower.
    fNX2ISa.png

• Options
    AhsokaTanoAhsokaTano Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We yearn for the other node types!
    x75zturis6k01.jpg

Ahsoka, out
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Maybe we should start a cult to get the divine node
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    ShadowVenShadowVen Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Divine or not to Dine? That is the question O.o?
    [img][/img]
  • Options
    I can't wait to see the Divine nodes, I wanna know more about temples so badly.

I know my guild hopes for a Scientific node in the future but tbh... Divine just sounds really cool to me.
  • Options
    sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    You have to take it on faith that there will be divine nodes.
    fNX2ISa.png

• Options
    recklessreckless Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty
    Can’t wait to play the mmo 👁🤘
  • Options

Tell me if I wrong?

you are, for a few reasons. 1) not all nodes will advance to the higher stages as there will be a lockout system. Less advanced nodes have fewer amenities, so fewer players will want to live there. That means the real estate market won't be as hot: just like in real life. 2) there has not been any mention of paying real money for any type of housing, or any way to buy gold with real money. The only things planned for the real money store right now are cosmetic skins. 3) nodes can de-level as a result of PvP and/or natural atrophy. That will mean that a once-expensive area could become cheap again, as a result of political, economic and military events.
    That being said, you don't want to be a latecomer to this game without a guild. The corruption system is designed not to totally eliminate ganking. It just makes it significantly less annoying than say in old Runescape. There will be gankers camping the spawn portals days after launch, that much you can count on.
    Aivlia Torladottir of Dün. Blacksmith, Lucky Wolf Trading Co.
    Imagination is the highest kite you can fly.
  • Options
    tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    So when is divine nodes going to drop?

Virtue is the only good.
  • Options
    tugowar wrote: »
    So when is divine nodes going to drop?

when I get my undead race it seems
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    That would be just divine!

For both!
  • Options
    VentharienVentharien Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Ahhh undead dudes.
  • Options
    maybe divine nodes are nodes 3
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    looks interesting, major difference from those clone korean mmos
  • Options
    BlaziiBlazii Member
    Is there any details surrounding the Metropolis level benefits for Divine and War themed nodes?

What is listed on the wiki currently makes me think that War nodes are to be focused on PvP, Economic nodes seem to be focused toward...well...the economy, and Scientific nodes seem aimed toward quality of life things.

The main vacuum on the wiki that I see so far is that Divine nodes could allow for more nuanced PvE content. For example, perhaps there are high priests or elder seers who have had visions/seen omens/read portents about the coming of certain threats. Things like world bosses, invasions, etc. Perhaps there is a potential hotspot of certain activities, a nearby village falling ill with mysterious disease, maybe it gets bad enough that the NPC need to be healed, and a cure sought out.

There's a lot that could be done from a story telling standpoint, but has anyone in the alpha so far been able to see more about this?
  • Options
    Blazii wrote: »
    Is there any details surrounding the Metropolis level benefits for Divine and War themed nodes?

What is listed on the wiki currently makes me think that War nodes are to be focused on PvP, Economic nodes seem to be focused toward...well...the economy, and Scientific nodes seem aimed toward quality of life things.

The main vacuum on the wiki that I see so far is that Divine nodes could allow for more nuanced PvE content. For example, perhaps there are high priests or elder seers who have had visions/seen omens/read portents about the coming of certain threats. Things like world bosses, invasions, etc. Perhaps there is a potential hotspot of certain activities, a nearby village falling ill with mysterious disease, maybe it gets bad enough that the NPC need to be healed, and a cure sought out.

There's a lot that could be done from a story telling standpoint, but has anyone in the alpha so far been able to see more about this?

We have no info on divine nodes yet
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    TockzTockz Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hype for the nodes :smile: Looks like a really cool concept
    sigtestfin.png

• Options
    The node system idea is out of this world.

I applause everyone that thought of this system and everyone that made it possible.

Just read the scientific and economic node types and they are both amazing, can't wait for the others!
  • Options
    GilxGilx Member
    looking forward to the remaining nodes info :)
  • Options
    scientific might be my favorite so far
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    maybe divine nodes are nodes 3

It has been soooooo long. I had to go back and watch 1 and 2 to remember...
  • Options
    Just made my girlfriend watch nodes 1 & 2. She is not a gamer whatsoever but even she loves the idea.
    a34ad54277341e048554a1bf88ee6284.jpg

Heroes Fade but Legends last forever

• Options

Tell me if I wrong?

Yes you are wrong because of the node system mechanics once a certain node is destroyed all freeholds and guild castles within the zone of influence of that node has 24 hours were they can be raided and destroyed so there is a constant cycle of freeholds and other buildings being open for rent if node sieges go right personally I'm going to participate in destroying all the nodes every chance I get.
  • Options
    I would love to see part three and four of the node series!
    " What do you mean a book I cannot have?"
    - Frufire
  • Options
    C'mon Intrepid. Please send nodes!
  • Options
    RuladianRuladian Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I just re watched the Node videos and the second one says it's part of a "four part video series." So not only are we chomping at the bit for the next Know Your Nodes but we're still waiting on two other videos...