Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Bards

EkkornKebabEkkornKebab Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
I sincerely hope that bards won't be useless hippies, but a sought after support class. Might be a bit of a short post, but i had to get it of my chest
signature.png
Onwards. To Vera

Comments

• FhinFhin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I could live with bards performing in taverns^^
    Give me hot stew and a drink with a bard in the corner performing the bear and the maiden fair, I'll give a hefty tip!
    Qsb9psK.png
  • ^ Agreed
    Miloira.gif
  • uthogeuthoge Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It has been stated that they want all the classes to feel wanted/needed in every party. Still think that includes the bards.
  • EkkornKebabEkkornKebab Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @hackerson We have a deal! xD
    signature.png
    Onwards. To Vera
    uthoge wrote: »
    It has been stated that they want all the classes to feel wanted/needed in every party. Still think that includes the bards.

Lets hope they manage to do so ^^
    signature.png
    Onwards. To Vera
  • GizmoGizmo Member
    I think bards are going to be a combination everything
    [img][/img]signature.png
    yoav44 wrote: »
    I think bards are going to be a combination everything

I think (and hope) they will be mostly effective with buffs, CC and healing/damaga prevention
    signature.png
    Onwards. To Vera
  • desseusdesseus Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    edited April 2019
    I just want some of this.

giphy.gif
  • playful2504playful2504 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Definitely hyped for Bards, that's what i'm going to play first, and i'm sure devs will do a great job designing classes. I'm fan of games where everyone has a specific role to play in a team.
    desseus wrote: »

giphy.gif

@desseus That would be @Nagash in bard form xD
    signature.png
    Onwards. To Vera
    @Playful2504 Yeah, the only thing I'm afraid of is that it might be hard to level a bard if you are alone someday
    signature.png
    Onwards. To Vera
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    desseus wrote: »

giphy.gif

stop stealing my minions
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • SeaSea Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Bards
  • VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It would be great to just get a squad of bards playing really bad screeching music and place them underneath an enemy castle, best tactic works 10/10
    autumnleaf wrote: »
    It would be great to just get a squad of bards playing really bad screeching music and place them underneath an enemy castle, best tactic works 10/10

@autumnleaf Making them kill themselves before the siege even starts... I like the sound of that
    signature.png
    Onwards. To Vera
  • playful2504playful2504 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Playful2504 Yeah, the only thing I'm afraid of is that it might be hard to level a bard if you are alone someday

Yeah it might be, we'll see how the second class we can choose will influence our autonomy, but we might be forced to group with other people for certain quests, personally it suits my playstyle.

sounds like death metal
    yeet_o_7250141.jpg

nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace

@autumnleaf Making them kill themselves before the siege even starts... I like the sound of that

Of course it would be even better if they went invisible inside the castle and just creeped out the enitre enemy team, so much potential but well at the end of the day they still burn like a torch when hit with a fireball c: alas no body is perfect...
  • ScythaScytha Member, Intrepid Pack
    I don't want them to heal at all. I love the idea of a full support class with buffs and debuffs. Maybe an attack or two to get you by but nothing powerful. Thinking along the lines of a Ragnarok Bard or Shiroe from LH (in the support aspect)
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2019
    Damn someone beat me to make the first bard post...
    Well i am going to play Bards no matter how they will end up.
    Siren or Soul Weaver most likely, and of course melee tank or support dps.
    (As if there is any better combination then a plate wearing and spear/helbard swinging singing bard on the frontline *pfffff*)
    a6XEiIf.gif
    ScythA wrote: »
    I don't want them to heal at all. I love the idea of a full support class with buffs and debuffs. Maybe an attack or two to get you by but nothing powerful. Thinking along the lines of a Ragnarok Bard or Shiroe from LH (in the support aspect)

I think they once said that melee bards will most likely buff allies around them with crit buffs or something in that direction, which would be pretty nice in my opinion ;D
    a6XEiIf.gif

They just have to give us the ability to play backpipes. It will sort itself out eventually. xD
    Imagine it... Suddenly they hear the sound of backpipes in the distance, and over the next hour or so it just gets louder and louder, until everything they hear is the screeching of backpipes.
    a6XEiIf.gif
    Damokles wrote: »

They just have to give us the ability to play backpipes. It will sort itself out eventually. xD
    Imagine it... Suddenly they hear the sound of backpipes in the distance, and over the next hour or so it just gets louder and louder, until everything they hear is the screeching of backpipes.

Bagpipes...you need a good ole' triangle too.
    q0bxoVD.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

Nagash wrote: »
    q0bxoVD.jpg

I approve of this method, only thing necromancy is useful for c:
    q0bxoVD.jpg

BYL9Yoo.jpeg
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • gaeleathgaeleath Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Well, you can combine them with any other class to make it the "support" you want to be.
    There will be people wanting to play as "useless hippies" aswell. Let them have the Bard/Bard :p
    o5cyez1bnzal.gif
  • ZaraZara Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Well bards with augmentations might fucking kick ass, not sure about bard/bard though.
  • Faeri PinkettFaeri Pinkett Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

sounds like death metal
    yeet_o_7250141.jpg

I have to say, as someone who had a bard-necromancer with a pan flute of the dead. (animate dead spell able to be cast twice per dawn.) then he dipped into bard/10 levels wizard(necromancy)/6 (before the campaign ended.)

this is an accurate image to represent how it basically worked.
    2j50vmq.gif
  • Faeri PinkettFaeri Pinkett Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpHVY16CKw0

To add to it, a great song that embraces the type of bards I hope to meet in my journies of Verra.
    Although this could be anyone ;) if creative enough.
    2j50vmq.gif