Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Bards

2»

Comments

• Options
    CeiventCeivent Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter
    I'd like to see more than just song, maybe storytelling, dance, poems, art, or carving your enemies body straight into their bones. =)
  • Options
    voxvox Member
    It's a delicate balance to hit with support classes, usually they are either dirt or so valuable that they are a requirement for all parties. I'm interested to see AoC's take on it, especially because i'm super interested in being one of the bard archetypes. Hope it plays like a more interesting bard from FFXI, have a ton of situational aoe buff songs & debuffs.
    Join Nexus Gaming today!
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Ceivent wrote: »
    I'd like to see more than just song, maybe storytelling, dance, poems, art, or carving your enemies body straight into their bones. =)

They said that bards wont have to depend on music for buffs (examples were poetry and acting)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    poisonzpoisonz Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    damn hippies :|
    AhuZFn7.gif
  • Options
    ZaraZara Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I really want to see the best weapons for bards to use, since they say bards wont just be playing instruments la dee da, I would love to see what would best cater to them.
  • Options
    poisonz wrote: »
    damn hippies :|

I will show you hippies with the tip of my spear at your throat my friend! :D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    barod1989barod1989 Member, Intrepid Pack
    maybe
  • Options
    Czar wrote: »
    I really want to see the best weapons for bards to use, since they say bards wont just be playing instruments la dee da, I would love to see what would best cater to them.

Spear imo. Like the guy in Game of Thrones, whose head got squashed in... Oberyn was his name i think. He dominated the fight until he got cocky and that fits bards pretty good :D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    lunarskylunarsky Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    Czar wrote: »

Spear imo. Like the guy in Game of Thrones, whose head got squashed in... Oberyn was his name i think. He dominated the fight until he got cocky and that fits bards pretty good :D

I think polearms could work but personally if I main a bard I want to dual wield swords maybe axes.

signature.png
  • Options
    sivannasivanna Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    I loved how in Ragnarok Online the female counter part to Bards were dancers. And in the skill tree were duets, when preformed together gave great buffs (XP, regen, health, money/loot)! I could see that working in taverns, and the owner could control what buff to give the patrons.

I know we won't have that, but It would be fun and bards could hire out their services!

• Options
    Beware of the dancing bard with the 40 foot belt sword!
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Sivanna wrote: »
    I loved how in Ragnarok Online the female counter part to Bards were dancers. And in the skill tree were duets, when preformed together gave great buffs (XP, regen, health, money/loot)! I could see that working in taverns, and the owner could control what buff to give the patrons.

I know we won't have that, but It would be fun and bards could hire out their services!

There is a cetain type of dancer I am interested in, tools of the trade involve skimpy clothing and a pole c:
  • Options
    I sincerely hope that bards won't be useless hippies, but a sought after support class. Might be a bit of a short post, but i had to get it of my chest
    I agree. I miss my old bard in everquest. SO many songs that I loved and that you never see in other games. I hope the bard not only supports in battle but also provides entertainment off the battlefield.
  • Options
    InixiaInixia Member
    edited September 2020
    I would love if the dps/buff/debuff rotation for bard feels like you are stringing together music, like there is a cadence and rhythm to it.

I guess I just hope they play up the musical element, sometimes in mmo's bards take the role of basically rogues or rangers (with daggers or bows) just with a couple of short animation song spells thrown in.

I really love the idea of support classes in general, making advantages in subtle ways that aren't just from pure dmg and healing.
  • Options
    Nice Necro of this thread. Very entertaining to read, imo.
  • Options
    ValicValic Member
    edited September 2020
    One effect I'd love to carry over form Archeage was how if you played an instrument inside a dungeon... it echo'd and reverberated off the walls. I'd love the concept for bard with their support abilities and to enjoy hearing. I'd all the more love if they could set music for their skills so it's actually appealing to listen to over the same tune 20million times over every dungeon. Maybe not customize or we get rick roll and junk like that in game... but a variety of different songs you can personally set to each skill to determine which one is which and what you wanna hear more often.
    Future mercenary guild owner in Ashes of Creation
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton