Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Thoughts and/or hopes for crafting?

There hasn't been much news out about crafting, so the possibilities are endless! What are some aspects you are most hopeful for??

I, for one, hope you will be able to level completely through crafting without having to once pick up a weapon. I know this is highly unlikely, but I enjoy the idea of running a trade business where my only goals while in-game are to survey resources, trade wares, make money, and craft the highest quality goodies!
~Simus Deathmax
«1

Comments

  • xdefiancexdefiance Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I just hope they're able to pull off what they said. Having a weapon or piece of armor reflect the craftor is awesome!
  • pjrydeckerpjrydecker Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I can't wait to have at the crafting system here. What with the idea that player playstyle efecting the way you load your action slots depending on if you prefer tab or action combat and stat dials on crafting items there will be soooo much diversity in crafting not to mention the interdependency and non static nature of mat nodes etc ooohhhh I have goosebumps
    4ZZpOBh.gif
  • xdefiance wrote: »
    I just hope they're able to pull off what they said. Having a weapon or piece of armor reflect the craftor is awesome!

    You mean like a signature for the creator of the weapon?
    ~Simus Deathmax
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Simus wrote: »
    xdefiance wrote: »
    I just hope they're able to pull off what they said. Having a weapon or piece of armor reflect the craftor is awesome!

    You mean like a signature for the creator of the weapon?

    That would be interesting
    nJ0vUSm.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • pjrydeckerpjrydecker Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They have said that you will have a tag on anything you final craft like in SWG. "rusty toothpick created by PJ Rydecker" I'm aiming high folks
    4ZZpOBh.gif
  • Nagash wrote: »
    Simus wrote: »
    xdefiance wrote: »
    I just hope they're able to pull off what they said. Having a weapon or piece of armor reflect the craftor is awesome!

    You mean like a signature for the creator of the weapon?

    That would be interesting

    Possibly custom hilts or blade etchings too? The possibilities!
    ~Simus Deathmax
  • gaeleathgaeleath Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Full-action crafting would be a blessing. Instead of just selecting an item and clicking "craft".
    Other than that, i hope they add lots of recipe's/motifs to collect out there in the world. (Like they do in The Elder Scrolls Online).
  • ZaraZara Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Need more info! I'm deprived of it, I'm really interested in the details of what processing entails!
  • pjrydecker wrote: »
    They have said that you will have a tag on anything you final craft like in SWG. "rusty toothpick created by PJ Rydecker" I'm aiming high folks

    Well I know they are drawing a lot of influence from SWG for crafting (from what I understand), which would be great. Still one of the better crafting and resource gathering systems I can remember.
    ~Simus Deathmax
  • xdefiancexdefiance Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Simus wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    Simus wrote: »
    xdefiance wrote: »
    I just hope they're able to pull off what they said. Having a weapon or piece of armor reflect the craftor is awesome!

    You mean like a signature for the creator of the weapon?

    That would be interesting

    Possibly custom hilts or blade etchings too? The possibilities!

    Now we're talking!
  • Zara wrote: »
    Need more info! I'm deprived of it, I'm really interested in the details of what processing entails!

    Hopefully it's being kept under wraps as it will be their most prized creation! ;)
    ~Simus Deathmax
  • xdefiance wrote: »
    Simus wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    Simus wrote: »
    xdefiance wrote: »
    I just hope they're able to pull off what they said. Having a weapon or piece of armor reflect the craftor is awesome!

    You mean like a signature for the creator of the weapon?

    That would be interesting

    Possibly custom hilts or blade etchings too? The possibilities!

    Now we're talking!

    TAKE ME DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE, I AM READY!!!
    ~Simus Deathmax
  • pjrydeckerpjrydecker Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Simus wrote: »
    pjrydecker wrote: »
    They have said that you will have a tag on anything you final craft like in SWG. "rusty toothpick created by PJ Rydecker" I'm aiming high folks

    Well I know they are drawing a lot of influence from SWG for crafting (from what I understand), which would be great. Still one of the better crafting and resource gathering systems I can remember.

    In my opinion SWG is unequeled in crafteing and resource gathering the mat quality and spawn system was just WOW! I'm sure they wont try and match it here either but i think it will be a whole lot closer than wack this node at gather level 10 and you get green mats whack same node at level 50 and get purple job done and thank you very much. Well that is what I hope anyway.
    4ZZpOBh.gif
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I hope that it doesn't require so much in materials that you can only do a little bit of crafting at a time, and it doesn't require more bag space than most people would normally have.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

  • pjrydecker wrote: »
    Simus wrote: »
    pjrydecker wrote: »
    They have said that you will have a tag on anything you final craft like in SWG. "rusty toothpick created by PJ Rydecker" I'm aiming high folks

    Well I know they are drawing a lot of influence from SWG for crafting (from what I understand), which would be great. Still one of the better crafting and resource gathering systems I can remember.

    In my opinion SWG is unequeled in crafteing and resource gathering the mat quality and spawn system was just WOW! I'm sure they wont try and match it here either but i think it will be a whole lot closer than wack this node at gather level 10 and you get green mats whack same node at level 50 and get purple job done and thank you very much. Well that is what I hope anyway.

    It has always been surprising to me that no other MMOs built off that system. I LOVED the random resource spawns where you would have to survey for high % concentrations which would effect how fast you would be able to mine/harvest said resource. Also, the different specs of the resource that would fluctuate and have an effect on the weapon itself, where high conductivity copper would maybe give higher armor prots, but would also decrease maneuverability or speed while wearing.
    ~Simus Deathmax
  • elf wrote: »
    I hope that it doesn't require so much in materials that you can only do a little bit of crafting at a time, and it doesn't require more bag space than most people would normally have.

    Have a system like GW2 or MHW where you would have a material bank essentially, that would be accessible while at the forge or skinning table.
    ~Simus Deathmax
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Simus wrote: »
    elf wrote: »
    I hope that it doesn't require so much in materials that you can only do a little bit of crafting at a time, and it doesn't require more bag space than most people would normally have.

    Have a system like GW2 or MHW where you would have a material bank essentially, that would be accessible while at the forge or skinning table.

    Yes, GW2 had a good idea with a separate materials bag, but even then when they made new materials they didn't all go into that bag. I don't want BDO type where you didn't have enough bag space but to make a few items and had to play with alt bank space.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Im just gonna be some jewelcrafter bard, roaming the coast searching for shells and other trinkets to turn into pendants etc ;D
    I just hope that it wont be a material sink like GW2 is currently... I mean you need two wooden blocks for one plank etc. resulting in things like: You need 80.000 antik wooden blocks for the legendary etc xD
    A better way would be to improve in the accuiring of the material, like giving the material itself a quality and then make the top notch quality mats expensive on the auction house xD
    roaaztC.gif
  • pjrydeckerpjrydecker Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think hard core miners etc will require mat mules etc to get wortwhile amounts of material from spawn to smelter prob with some well paid PVPrs to protect it on the journey. well that is the impression I got anyway.
    4ZZpOBh.gif
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    pjrydecker wrote: »
    I think hard core miners etc will require mat mules etc to get wortwhile amounts of material from spawn to smelter prob with some well paid PVPrs to protect it on the journey. well that is the impression I got anyway.

    I think you're on to something.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I do like the idea that materials will not go obsolete but have usefulness at all levels. It's also very enlightening that raiders will need Gatherers to abstract materials from kills.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    pjrydecker wrote: »
    I think hard core miners etc will require mat mules etc to get wortwhile amounts of material from spawn to smelter prob with some well paid PVPrs to protect it on the journey. well that is the impression I got anyway.

    Would bring some life into the whole wrld if that is the case^^
    I think they once said something about mounts having pouches or something...
    roaaztC.gif
  • VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Carving patterns onto equipment would be nice c:
  • pjrydecker wrote: »
    I think hard core miners etc will require mat mules etc to get wortwhile amounts of material from spawn to smelter prob with some well paid PVPrs to protect it on the journey. well that is the impression I got anyway.

    Ooooo interesting.... Maybe resource expedition quests in which you will need combat players to escort scientists up into an instanced-type of area that has a rare quality resource to harvest??
    ~Simus Deathmax
  • autumnleaf wrote: »
    Carving patterns onto equipment would be nice c:

    Absolutely! Or embedding ruins/jewels that will change the appearance of the equipment itself?
    ~Simus Deathmax
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I can really see guilds making farming runs in dangerous territories. Setting up Rogues and Rangers to watch for enemies, while the miners are hard at work xD
    roaaztC.gif
  • VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Simus wrote: »
    autumnleaf wrote: »
    Carving patterns onto equipment would be nice c:

    Absolutely! Or embedding ruins/jewels that will change the appearance of the equipment itself?

    Yesssss c:
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Simus wrote: »
    autumnleaf wrote: »
    Carving patterns onto equipment would be nice c:

    Absolutely! Or embedding ruins/jewels that will change the appearance of the equipment itself?

    That sound really like juwelcrafting, and if we could do that... THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! :D
    roaaztC.gif
  • ZaraZara Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I do wonder if Jewel crafting would be a thing? Maybe in jewelry but I wonder if you could add it to weapons like swords?
  • Czar wrote: »
    I do wonder if Jewel crafting would be a thing? Maybe in jewelry but I wonder if you could add it to weapons like swords?

    I would imagine there would have to be some kind of Jewel embedding? Even if they are just for aesthetic reasons.
    ~Simus Deathmax
Sign In or Register to comment.