Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How do you guys handle your work/college lives with your gaming life?

13»

Comments

• Options
    When I first started MMO gaming (EQ2) I would play at least 4-6 hours a day Monday thru Friday and on weekends there were times where I would do some mammoth sessions that could go up to 12 hours. I would turn off the computer, fall over sideways and sleep and immediately boot up again as soon as I woke up. In the end, after almost 4 years of EQ2, I burned myself out a bit and had to stop gaming for a while. Now I'm older and presumably wiser ;) so if I play during the work week it's only for a couple of hours and maybe 1 or 2 days. On weekends I might still go for 4-6 hours but it's not to the extent I did back in the day. I usually don't play more than 3 days a week at most. A lot of weeks it's only 2 days. I'm old now and I need my sleep. :p
  • Options
    BlastBlast Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    For me its simple, I wake up every morning at 4:40 am and eat before going to work for about 8 hours, after ill head to the gym for about 1 and a half hours i get home around 4-5 i get something to eat and i have the rest of the day to play some games! no time for going out or any sort of dating right now!
  • Options
    pjrydeckerpjrydecker Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Well in general I like to fein illness for the life of any game I really like then when it closes make a sudden and complete recovery ;)
    4ZZpOBh.gif
  • Options
    URanu5URanu5 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    :smiley: I -didn't- hold a balance, and if I did it was without sleep... I was a socialite as I joined a Frat during college, yet still played WoW and Halo 3, trying to get into raiding while still killing newbs and getting killtaculars. Then an essay I am reminded of comes to mind at 9pm while I am drinking, and I decide I'll call it an early night... Get home at 2am to start cliff notes reading and write at 3am with a nap for an hour at 6am to 7am... Only to have an hour to finish as I rush to the Athletic Department to use the free printer for sports peeps and turn that sucker in at 9am sharp... I was a B student >_>;
    planet-uranus.jpg
  • Options
    Play 4 hours a day on week 15 hours on weekend plan on taking a 2 week vac to grind up fast at launch
  • Options
    desseusdesseus Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    @Fairypinkett Yea that is not good, definately sleep some more when you can. :D At least I don't drive so got home after my work and just crash for a solid twelve hours.It was the same when working twelve hour shifts in warehousing, those are brutal unless you get used to them working 6pm-6am and leaving looking like a zombie.
  • Options
    GodbrithilGodbrithil Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Alpha One
    That's a good subject. In my youth I was strongly tempted to gamble more than to take care of school. As long as you enjoy a good upbringing with your parents and are disciplined, the whole thing should be easy to do.

Of course it also decides how good the game is - on the final result of the addiction! :P
    unknown.png
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    One Word:

Retirement

:)

hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101