Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How many of you are dnd-lovers?

Faeri PinkettFaeri Pinkett Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Hey! I'm curious how many of you were drawn to Ashes by it's fantasy tags that seem to have some references to one of the most popular franchises in rpg history.

(even I believe Steven offered to host a dnd session based in Verra?)

I'm a DM, and a player in current campaigns and I'm wondering how many of you guys would just love for Steven to release an official module for the world of Verra setting? I know I would LOVE it.
2j50vmq.gif

Comments

• Options
    BCGBCG Member, Intrepid Pack
    dnd 4 life
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Never played myself but used to be hooked on dnd story videos :relaxed:
  • Options
    @autumnleaf
    Have you wanted to play? Or just found it as one of those "I'd rather watch than play." activities? There is MANy good story videos, and if your looking for some more recent ones I would 100% suggest the youtuber Dingo Doodles, she has a 6 part series on one of her campaigns and it is a.. it's a trip.
    2j50vmq.gif
  • Options
    @autumnleaf
    Have you wanted to play? Or just found it as one of those "I'd rather watch than play." activities? There is MANy good story videos, and if your looking for some more recent ones I would 100% suggest the youtuber Dingo Doodles, she has a 6 part series on one of her campaigns and it is a.. it's a trip.

I saw a few of her videos, puffin forest and subbed 4chan ones are also good, I never really wanted to play so much. It's kind of I would but I don't need to c:
  • Options
    @autumnleaf I would tell you to check out the reddit thread /r/lfg, or the dnd reddit threads. You can find many wonderful groups looking for new or experienced players to play together. If I ever have slots open at my (virtual) tables I'll give you a message as well.
    2j50vmq.gif
  • Options
    @autumnleaf I would tell you to check out the reddit thread /r/lfg, or the dnd reddit threads. You can find many wonderful groups looking for new or experienced players to play together. If I ever have slots open at my (virtual) tables I'll give you a message as well.

it's all good c: where I work we have a group playing the Warhammer tabletop and they are really chill about others playing, I just know I won't have the time for it too xD
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    @autumnleaf Understandable, a big portion of my time spent these days goes to dnd.
    I'm in a 3-4 hour session as a player on fridays, a new session as a player starting up on saturdays, and a dm for a 8 hour session (average) on sundays. My life belongs to the dice.

you could probably find a bi weekly or monthly campaign if you ever find the freetime though.
    2j50vmq.gif
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    A verra based dnd map would be awesome! :)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    A verra based dnd map would be awesome! :)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    @autumnleaf Understandable, a big portion of my time spent these days goes to dnd.
    I'm in a 3-4 hour session as a player on fridays, a new session as a player starting up on saturdays, and a dm for a 8 hour session (average) on sundays. My life belongs to the dice.

you could probably find a bi weekly or monthly campaign if you ever find the freetime though.

It's an addiction I don't want to get, games and painting is enough. I know all too well how hard it is to stop once you start xD
  • Options
    esthonesthon Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    I am a DM myself. I host my P&P sessions every second month cause i write my adventure's myself.
    Not playing dnd or dsa anymore cause the ruleset feels to restricing. I switched to How to be a Hero, a ruleset created from a german guy wich is functional but very easy to understand and play.
    If someone writes a adventure in Verra it could be nice to have it simple as possible so as many poeple as possible could have fun with it.
  • Options
    @Esthon while i'm still struggling to understand 5e, simple sometimes to be too much pressure on the GM/DM when it comes to players asking what their able to do. 5e is relatively simplified. :) I've never heard of how to be a hero though. So maybe it handles it well.
    2j50vmq.gif
  • Options
    esthonesthon Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    @Fairypinkett How to be a Hero was developt by Hauke Gerdes for the german internet television channel Rocket Beans TV.
    Its not as rule driven as the other P&P rulesets, its all about having fun.
    The core of the ruleset is that you get some points that you then distribute on single abilitys between 1-100 and the dice's used are d100.
    So the outcome of your dice throws are simple percent throws.
  • Options
    Oh okay! I'll check it out sometime. :)
    2j50vmq.gif
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I've been a tabletop player for over 20 years so I've had my fair few game of D&D
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    ZaraZara Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Never tried it but can hopefully expect to get into it soon since the guild does it!
  • Options
    URanu5URanu5 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    With DnD the Sky is the Limit... Really creative people take the reigns on it, and DM's are amazing.
    I only have a year of DnD under my belt @_ @ But more to come.
    planet-uranus.jpg
  • Options
    ezenkrul87ezenkrul87 Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I used to love DnD when I was younger. Even though I do not play anymore, I still enjoy reading the fantasy books and playing games based on the rules. ( Currently playing NeverWinter Nights Enhanced on a Nordock server )
    Ezenkrul - Phoenix Initiative
  • Options
    Never did like DnD much but many people I play MTG with on the ship use it to pass the time. Better for me to watch than play.
  • Options
    CeiventCeivent Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter
    edited April 2019
    I've never played but i have watched a good deal of DnD sessions on YouTube. I'm a fan in that regard. I'm definitely looking forward to the DnD/Pathfinder Session in the future though! =)
  • Options
    I can see it now. A few players ingame sitting at a table playing DnD rather than doing a Dungeon raid.
  • Options
    @nick10281 honestly, that sounds like an amazing pass-time.
    Since table-games and interactions will be a thing, maybe Steven will just straight up add in the Verra dnd module into the game. Players can play dnd.. while in a rpg. :D
    2j50vmq.gif
  • Options
    AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    My friend saw the game on KS and was like "it will be too much like ArcheA..."

I watched the video and fell for the pitch. This will be the first MMO I will ever put more than 4 hours into.

Also, I am an avid D&D player and have already started planning ending a campaign by time Ashes goes live so I can have my Saturday nights back.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • Options
    @azathoth nooo THE SATURDAY NIGHT SESSION IS A SPECIAL CREATURE THOUGH.
    2j50vmq.gif
  • Options
    MorashtakMorashtak Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    1st Ed. vet here. Just need to set aside some evening time and find a group. Probably a RL one once the move happens later this year.
    owuEH4S.png
  • Options
    @Morashtak I've only ever done online ones successfully. :) a irl one sounds amazing though.
    2j50vmq.gif
  • Options
    OrcLuckOrcLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I've really enjoyed my time with D&D5e I'm a fan. Been playing it for about a year now, twice weekly.
  • Options
    @Zomnivore If I could have multiple sessions a day, I would have multiple. Instead i'm stuck with just 3 times a week. :(

What're your current characters? Mine is a Barbarian Princess and a Necromancer old lady stuck in a young girls body because she fucked up while trying to obtain immortality. Now she's trying to become a lich.
    2j50vmq.gif
  • Options
    warkovwarkov Member, Leader of Men, Alpha One
    If only AoC were DnD based....oh my.
    bgXQsJx.png
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Well im not playing D&D right now I have been in a kingdom death campaign for the past 3 years and that has been gruelling
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace