Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

InGame Marriage Benefits

13»

Comments

• Options
    Hopefully it's not only for RP purposes. It should have some benefit or buff while playing together. Even if it's extremely minor but needs to have some purpose.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It does, it adds people to the family summons system a +1 if the head of the family is married. Its not clear though whether that means a family can have 9 members instead of 8 though.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    DOWN WITH THE FAMILY SUMMON! NO FAST TRAVEL! DOWN WITH THE CREEPY DIGITAL MARRIAGE NONSENSE!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    daveywavey wrote: »
    DOWN WITH THE FAMILY SUMMON! NO FAST TRAVEL! DOWN WITH THE CREEPY DIGITAL MARRIAGE NONSENSE!

Why? I'm married irl. Is it creepy to check the box in-game?

I moreso hope Intrepid won't make me make it a big huge "newlyweds" production to marry my spouse of many years.
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    SongRune wrote: »

I moreso hope Intrepid won't make me make it a big huge "newlyweds" production to marry my spouse of many years.

Meanwhile Steven and John will probably do a hullabaloo for fun on behalf of the right to go 'First' in their own game lol.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options

I've seen this kind of thing go very wrong very quickly. Aggressive domineering personalities forcing themselves on their in-game 'spouse'. For you, playing with your RL "spouse of many years", I don't suppose it'd be an issue. But, for the meeker members of the community that will be preyed upon by the nastier ones, I've seen it get pretty damn dark.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    AsraielAsraiel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

so simpler to divorce ingame them by simply undo the check the box.

but does marriage bring an additional sheared inventory (itembox in houseing) or a shared money poche or some chat or post it options?

well for freehold it does bring benefits since there should it be possible to place craftstations or other stuff that may be interacted with by all the family members and so may also have a back to freehold port or so.

but on the family summoning, since its a teleport does that mean also the inventory will be teleported so that instead of takeing a risky jurney by mount or caravan its simple to just summon your family. i mean 7 chars with maxed out inventory should be able to carry an amounth that would abuse this system make worth.

well for a freehold teleport if such will exist that is i simly hope it will only be possible to teleport to the node of influence maybe both ways. and that ste summon also doesnt summon across the map. would hate to travel back around 21-35 km by mount or boat.
    but a gost summon i could thing would be a thing that you may summon your famaly but they are only ghosts, well they could die and be looteble maybe but they would not respawn in the summoned area. or simply be there but have a lock on items so they cant tranfere them out of the inventory for ether some time or distance traveled.

or beeing ghost and will only be there for some times like 10-15 mins befor beeing teleported back from where they came if they get killed or time runs out without the possebility to transfer items or beeing looted. since the summon may have a high cd it may bring some help for the summoner but only for some time so better get to savety.

i do hope to see some benefits around marriage life passive buffs if grouped with a family member or or building up a buff if at home with one member of the family or haveing some other benefits for crafting (like speed or ress save if used a own crafttable on private freehold, or maybe even getting a skill to revive family members with mor hp and mana than normaly but still less than if a cleric would revive them.
  • Options
    SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Asraiel wrote: »
    but does marriage bring an additional sheared inventory (itembox in houseing) or a shared money poche or some chat or post it options?

well for freehold it does bring benefits since there should it be possible to place craftstations or other stuff that may be interacted with by all the family members and so may also have a back to freehold port or so.
    The Wiki wrote:
    Marriage may unlock different activities that are not available to characters who are not married.[6]

Interaction with the freehold system.[6]
    Unlocking certain node quests.[6]
    Impacts on social organizations.[6]
    Other mechanics will be discussed in the future.[6]
    (ref: Marriage)

There doesn't appear to be any shared inventory necessarily, unless something comes out of the freehold system, but I believe you can arrange that without marriage, according to Freehold Security.
    but on the family summoning, since its a teleport does that mean also the inventory will be teleported so that instead of takeing a risky jurney by mount or caravan its simple to just summon your family. i mean 7 chars with maxed out inventory should be able to carry an amounth that would abuse this system make worth.
    The Wiki wrote:
    Players cannot be summoned in the following cases:

While in combat, if they are corrupted, or if they are engaged in an event, such as node wars, guild wars, sieges, arenas or participation in the caravan system.[16]
    If they have mats, gatherables or certs in their inventory.[17]

This will be tested in Alpha-2.[18]
    (ref: Family Summon)

You can't teleport if you have any such materials in your inventory. They thought of this. There may be other flaws with this system, but that's not one of them.
    well for a freehold teleport if such will exist that is i simly hope it will only be possible to teleport to the node of influence maybe both ways. and that ste summon also doesnt summon across the map. would hate to travel back around 21-35 km by mount or boat.

Doesn't. See Fast Travel for more.
    i do hope to see some benefits around marriage life passive buffs if grouped with a family member or or building up a buff if at home with one member of the family or haveing some other benefits for crafting (like speed or ress save if used a own crafttable on private freehold, or maybe even getting a skill to revive family members with mor hp and mana than normaly but still less than if a cleric would revive them.

Personally, I like a system in which there is little to no mechanical incentive, and what there is, if any, is around sharing things. Faster or better resurrection would be too much, in my opinion, since it starts to have a direct effect on combat. This is the sort of thing that convinces people to "marry for the benefits". Let's keep it to the little things.