Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What weapontype do you like the most?

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    @Sivanna
    https://en.ashesofcreation.wiki/Weapons
    Sadly we wont get Chakrams or scyths any time in the future i think

steven did say we may get scythes the thing is we have no idea if they are tools are weapons

350px-Scythes.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    BlackMystBlackMyst Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    2-handed crush type melee weapons like maces or war-hammer are a favourite
  • Options
    XaqXaq Member
    edited April 2019
    In games I enjoyed scythes, whips, and bows

In real life, I love bo staves and recurve bows. Haven’t ever owned a whip but that may be fun too. Scythes are for farming and they’re unbalanced 😛

I’ve used chains instead of whips before though, but it’s hard to actually “whip” a chain due to its weight. 5’ chains work out better but they don’t have the length of a whip, so it kind of gets used as a mix between staff and nunchucks

I’ve also used a machete, it was alright but it’s just hack and slash, nothing special. Used it for clearing the woods of thorn bushes
    epicyclic-gearing.svg?attachauth=ANoY7cpK6Jv1o0y0t7hfFX6Y2-hKeshSuFPC1VWB6IEbf91bbLwAFVArWNynWgAcxjeldyCkhxYv8N87pknR7hx33NP9_3JUjsm-euCdcgF7TlicOXqqK_McPd4o_PhQaHEtPhyT1hAL7vqAX56ETVZ-VJVlITTAMK6I93LGvSoVYAI1fW72YI-LM7axwxaHwJsl00l0_PZsH3394JxadIWq-G_4bWKiQghQj6y3nQkj8qYhXOt6w1k%3D&attredirects=0
  • Options
    BCGBCG Member, Intrepid Pack
    Dot Damage.
  • Options
    ShadowCreptShadowCrept Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hands down Scythes are my favorite weapon but I play healers 99% of the time so either Wand/Staff I like staffs more cuz some games have bad ass looking staves
    ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »
    @Sivanna
    https://en.ashesofcreation.wiki/Weapons
    Sadly we wont get Chakrams or scyths any time in the future i think

:/:/:/
    wasikovee
  • Options
    tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Battle hammer + shield

Virtue is the only good.
  • Options
    fnellfnell Member
    Two shields!! B)
  • Options
    devorandom wrote: »
    Scythe 100%

Scythes has that nasty feeling and those looks usually really cool. I would also like to see scythes as one option.
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
  • Options
    As long as it looks evil or sinister, I'm using it >:)
    Signature-Community-Coordinator.gif?ex=6602ea67&is=65f07567&hm=5ccf436d8d607f426cbddd409428e9c1bd5395aba12fe34a1546a571791e2af1&=
    [EU] Hand of Unity | PVX | Semi-Hardcore/Hardcore | Family
    We are still recruiting. Come and have a chat with us at our Discord!
  • Options
    TeylouneTeyloune Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Weapons? Magic! >:)
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    teyloune wrote: »
    Weapons? Magic! >:)

A true man of wisdom ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    poisonzpoisonz Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    the type of weapons i like are the ones that hurt the most
    AhuZFn7.gif
  • Options
    Spear, either 1 or 2 handed, if not that then something different, like a flail or shoge.
  • Options
    AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Chakram (fighting wheel), scythes and flails
  • Options
    ViymirViymir Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
  • Options
    WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The Rapier has always been my favorite medieval weapon type ! It weights the same as a normal sword but is longer , thinner and rounder. The blade itselve is hardened and not as sharp as a sword, but there is a strong point on the end that could penetrate even many through steel parts of medieval armor. Its use in real history battlefields is very overlooked and fantasy games often display the rapier as flimsy weak longsword while it is really a normal sword made for stabbing and defending only.
    Sadly I dont think there will be rapiers in Ashes since it would fall under the category swords and would need its own stabbing animations. But i keep hopes since there will be seafare. And in more recent history (17th century) pirates in addition to the slicing cutlass sabre, also used rapier-style swords since stabbing from distance is often more usefull when you are invading or defending a boat >:)SpvfmWX.jpg
    Signature-member.gif?ex=662c6fb5&is=662b1e35&hm=744ebdac6f48ada39a67db749760a28b2b88b3514a4acd22e07fd49b24821760&
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @shkevi
    I transmogged most of my weapons in WoW on my rogue into a rapier :D
    539663.jpg

It is not the most realistic rapier but it looks epic, with my pirate transmog xD
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @damokles :D Nice one dude ! Thats actually really good with how sturdy the blade looks. Id love to see at least one sword like that in Ashes :#
    Signature-member.gif?ex=662c6fb5&is=662b1e35&hm=744ebdac6f48ada39a67db749760a28b2b88b3514a4acd22e07fd49b24821760&
  • Options
    HexcatHexcat Member
    edited June 2019
    Double daggers, the rogues weapon of choice, if inside the game it could become double sickles it would be awesome :D
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    I almost always play healers so I'm a sucker for a fancy staff.
  • Options
    ShoklenShoklen Member
    edited June 2019
    Spells and Bard Songs
  • Options
    Dual Swords
  • Options
    I usually enjoy staffs the most.
    Signature-Community-Coordinator.gif?ex=6602ea67&is=65f07567&hm=5ccf436d8d607f426cbddd409428e9c1bd5395aba12fe34a1546a571791e2af1&=
    [EU] Hand of Unity | PVX | Semi-Hardcore/Hardcore | Family
    We are still recruiting. Come and have a chat with us at our Discord!
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm a sword and bow guy.

I always thought the idea of the Tolkien Ranger was awesome. A skilled swordsman also proficient with a bow, survivalist, scrappy.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    noemadnoemad Member
    I'm a fan of either a 2 handed weapon (sword, axe or mace) or sword and board. I love melee combat in MMOs. While I do want a couple of ranged abilities for pulling and chasing down runners I much prefer to stick them with the pointy end. That and bashing them in the face with a shield. i love a good shield bash yes I do. :D Also I suck at kiting so my main strategy is usually to run up to a mob and hit it in the face repeatedly until either it dies or I do.
  • Options
    lunarskylunarsky Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Magic aside, dual swords, polearms, and greatswords are my favorite weapons.

If I go caster (highly likely) then staves all day.
    signature.png
  • Options
    VunakVunak Member
    edited June 2019
    I hope we get the traditional magic staff. I love the typical mage archetype.

So I guess the real answer is: Magic
  • Options
    ViymirViymir Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I really enjoyed the way the potion launcher worked in Apocalypse so this may well become my weapon of choice in the future. Not too sure if it would be good enough on it own as a main weapon so will be interesting to see how it works in practice inside the MMO itself.

• Options
    zonnedzonned Member
    A giant sword like the Buster Sword from FF7.
    kh97t06.jpg