Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What weapontype do you like the most?

13»

Comments

• Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    neomir wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the way the potion launcher worked in Apocalypse so this may well become my weapon of choice in the future. Not too sure if it would be good enough on it own as a main weapon so will be interesting to see how it works in practice inside the MMO itself.

It would be really cool if alchemists could creat different upgrades for the potion launcher. Like a fire dmg modifier or a poison effect etc.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    ViymirViymir Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @damokles yeah that would be cool if Alchemists could create upgrades or additional effects the potion launcher. Very much hoping all the Artisan professions have something that can upgrade weapons off all types. If we want a player run economy we need plenty of things for the players to make so resources are in demand.
  • Options
    neomir wrote: »
    @damokles yeah that would be cool if Alchemists could create upgrades or additional effects the potion launcher. Very much hoping all the Artisan professions have something that can upgrade weapons off all types. If we want a player run economy we need plenty of things for the players to make so resources are in demand.

WoW once had something like that for its professions. Leatherworkers could creat reinforcements for leather armour, smiths could create sharpening and weighted stones to enhance weapons and plating to reinforce plate armour, enchanters could creat enchantments for ALL armour types (not only the few that they have left nowadays) and alchemists could create oils to enhance staffs for extra spelldamage.

I dont know when, but they someday removed all that and streamlined their professions.... That was the beginning of the end for me. No specialized professions (armour or weaponsmith, no tribal, elemental or dragon leatherworkers, etc) I really want something like that back, because that felt like you actually specialized in crafting something.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    ilisfetilisfet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Longsword.
    It has and always will be longsword.
  • Options
    BlackheartedBlackhearted Member
    edited June 2019
    Think my favs are
    - Hasta
    - Godsword type of 2h sword(From Runescape)
    - Shortbow
    - Rapier

I think I prefer having a combination of them available but the one I like the most has to be the godsword.
    It has lore, great art and it sheens threat

283ebc02e04a0c40db884c35f6833352.jpg
    "You're seeking for perfection, but your disillusions are leading to destruction.
    You're bleeding for salvation, but you can't see that you are the damnation itself." -Norther
  • Options
    Shortswords! Shortswords are never a good weapon in MMOs, it's always a crappy sword and replaced by a longsword. But they are great close-quarter weapons, and not just a big dagger.
  • Options
    @tiltowait
    The problem in most mmorpgs is that shortswords are most of the time dagger skins xD
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Yeah. But think of the romans!
  • Options
    Tank: 1 hand weapon and shield, not sure which 1 hand weapon though.

Bard: Thinking Tome. Like its the collection of stories and songs that he has accumulated as well as arcane incantations that he can use.
  • Options
    Tank: 1 hand weapon and shield, not sure which 1 hand weapon though.

Bard: Thinking Tome. Like its the collection of stories and songs that he has accumulated as well as arcane incantations that he can use.

I realy like the idea of a book wielding bard xD
    Especially because IS once said that our spells dont have to be in song form but also literature, poems or dramatic enactments.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Kiryu_riyKiryu_riy Member, Leader of Men
    Katana, tachi, wakizashi, naginata
  • Options
    ryuuji wrote: »
    Katana, tachi, wakizashi, naginata

You forgot the Odachi...
    3qUQtBT.jpg
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    reaccon wrote: »
    Dual Shields

You know now that I think about Double Shields seems like an awesome idea.
  • Options
    georgeblackgeorgeblack Member
    edited July 2019
    Twin swords.
    I also like but dont use two handed swords and polearms. I respect those warriors.
    (Heavy armor)
  • Options
    Well would like to see some bows that are cosmetically similar to shield bows. No game mechanics needed.
    Actually what I am talking about is just some small covering or shield for lack of better word to cover up and proetect your hand gives bow more sturdy look. Really does not even look like an actual shield. Could look like a pair of small wings covering hand that you hold bow with.
  • Options
    SarevokSarevok Member
    edited July 2019
    Claymore, Halberd, Pole Axe, Flanged Mace and Warhammer. I really hope they add certain damage types to the weapons we wield. A similar system that DAoC had https://darkageofcamelot.com/content/armor-resist-tables

i.e. A claymore would benefit from strength stat to increase its damage and it would be considered a slashing dmg type. Slashing weapons would be Strong, Neutral or Weak vs certain types of armor in the game. With this it would add a little more depth and counter-play. Since armor is not class locked and you can wear Light or Heavy armor in 8 slots, players could then balance out what types to pursue. (Any idea why there is no "medium" armor type?)

Maybe you're a Archwizard (Mage/Mage) and your magical defense is pretty top notch and complimented by certain abilities that reduce magic damage even more but those darn assassins are giving you a lot of trouble. Swap out some bigger pieces of light armor for heavy to increase your physical defense against piercing damage. Now you have some decent magic defense complimented by class abilities and a good chunk of physical defense. This is just a small taste of the type of theorycrafting involved when picking a class, to the weapons and armor you use.
  • Options
    PekozPekoz Member
    Minions, a lot of summoned minions
  • Options
    The Grey ManThe Grey Man Member
    edited July 2019
    A Short sword would be my personal preference. Although a bastard sword could be nice if it can be used one handed but switched to a two handed stance if desired for more utility. I heard the lead designer mention that stances will be explored so I'm excited for this.
  • Options
    The one weapon I have never actually seen implemented in an MMO - the quarter-staff. Unfortunately, staves have been relegated to being wizards staff's. So, runner up for me is the spear.
  • Options
    Dayuhan wrote: »
    The one weapon I have never actually seen implemented in an MMO - the quarter-staff. Unfortunately, staves have been relegated to being wizards staff's. So, runner up for me is the spear.

Staves are not only for wizards in Ashes tbh. Currently the staff in apoc had a neat melee flame burst, which could be applicable to any melee build later.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    damokles wrote: »

Staves are not only for wizards in Ashes tbh. Currently the staff in apoc had a neat melee flame burst, which could be applicable to any melee build later.

Thanks Damokles, I will have to explore the staff further. The few in-game videos I have seen of staves have shown them in use in the more predictable wizard role.
  • Options

Thanks Damokles, I will have to explore the staff further. The few in-game videos I have seen of staves have shown them in use in the more predictable wizard role.

Well... it is true that they do look mage-ish :D
    And if you later dont want to play with a staff, then go for the polearm. It feels like a quarterstaff, with an axe head in apoc.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    Staves and wand
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

It's honestly one if my favorite melee weapons in Apoc. The speed you can get that thing to hit is great.
    Aq0KG2f.png