Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What's your most memorable MMORPG experience.

Comments

• Options
    @Pokosaurous let some time pass and we get some class previews I think. Probably there will be an open beta where we all can test 😏
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    Ibarumarky wrote: »
    @Pokosaurous let some time pass and we get some class previews I think. Probably there will be an open beta where we all can test 😏

That'll be awesome~! they will have so many to do though o.o
    Poko.png
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Allods online a few years ago, played for over 30 hours straight with a friend when he was at a sleep over and getting giddy over my female character having sexy lingerie without armor (we were younger back then and obvs got giddy over stuff like that). The most memorable was playing MU Online as a child, entering Chaos Castle for the first time only to get 1 shotted in an instant. That hit me hard. Also thinking how badass Dark Lord is <3

Getting your character to max level for the first time is a great feeling and experience too c:
  • Options
    poisonzpoisonz Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One

destroying guilds from the inside spreading the seed of chaos
    AhuZFn7.gif
  • Options
    In EQ2 one time me and some members of my guild were heading into a dungeon. We got assembled, got into the dungeon and started exploring. We got involved in a huge fight because one of my guildies, who played a monk, had run ahead and started the fight without us. So we had to go save him. He died but the cleric rezzed him. However he had forgotten to repair all of his armor and weapons before we went in and when he died every piece of armor he was wearing broke so when he was rezzed he was just standing there naked (well naked for EQ2). He didn't have any spare gear on him and if you left the dungeon you couldn't get back in due to the lockout timer so he was stuck being naked. As we progressed thru the dungeon we would get drops from mobs we had killed and give stuff to him so that eventually he had some piecemeal armor and weapons to use. He was known forevermore after that as The Naked Monk. For guild recruiting drives we used to send him out to a hill outside of Qeynos to strip to attract people to hear our recruitment spiel.

Another time I and some guildies were in Nektropus Castle. I was playing my main, a Barbarian Berserker and was tanking. For one reason or another I got killed by an AOE and got rezzed. When I got rezzed however my character didn't get back to his feet. For some reason, some kind of glitch, the dead emote stuck. I was alive and could move and fight but I just looked like I was dead. My guildies just couldn't stop laughing (I was too) at the sight of my dead body sliding along the floor and tanking mobs. It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen in a game. We played the entire instance that way. I was a dead body until we finished up and zoned out. Then it finally reset and I was back.

I miss those days. They were some of the best I ever had while gaming. That game and those guildies were what made it that way. I haven't felt quite the same in any game since. I guess that's the way it is with your first MMO. Nothing compares to the first one you play.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2019
    noemad wrote: »
    He was known forevermore after that as The Naked Monk.
    Guildnicknames are always funny :)
    For some reason or another i was named pickles. Dont know how or when, but that nickname held for 5 years. XD
    My guildleaders rl name was tobias, and for some reason we named him Steve.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    YuhdigYuhdig Member
    edited April 2019
    Aion's PVPVE faction experience was great at the time. (v.2.7)
    Yuhdig

• Options
    AuronAuron Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    When you play ArcheAge for 5 years the answer is kinda obvious...
    My most memorable moment was when we defended a castle outnumbered; 30v60.
    Auronsyg.png
  • Options
    LotekArcLotekArc Member
    edited October 2019
    My first MMO was Tibia - but it was a short adventure - the textures deterred me. In the meantime, I played different MMOs, D2, D3, PoE, MU Online - but my favorite MMO is EVE Online. I remember today when I was playing with a friend and I shot down the first enemy ship (I was a tiny ship). Since then I have been playing EVE every day and it has almost become my second "job". I have to back to me responsibilities and buy some isk and plex. I'm okay with and pretty sure with skill injectors for EVE Online, I've got only one trusted place with trusted and legal isk plex and skill injectors. https://odealo.com/games/eve-online/isk this is my favourite shop for buying EVE isk and other goods in EVE Online. Isk are great and cheap
    tenor.gif?itemid=5121036
  • Options
    Knight sister raids on Dantooine and dying over and over again, and waiting on master Doc rezes if any were bursting at the time. Oh and Rancor elite battles and ofcourse Krayt Dragon pearl drops.
  • Options
    zackalliczackallic Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Man i would have to say original runescape.
    Besides the awesome chats on the docks of Karamja.
    My old account was named father todd. And i would stand around the chicken coops in priest robes saying "Blessing of Guthix to all. Please donate your bones to be under the watchful eyes of Guthix!"
    People would have a kick out of it and i went from level 1 prayer to about 50 by spending a few days doing this, and made some good friends.
    Back when runescape was full of active people and no bots.
    - - - - - - - -
    Guild: The Empire
    Role: Officer
    Link: https://discord.gg/BUDD8E
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    Zackallic wrote: »
    Man i would have to say original runescape.
    Besides the awesome chats on the docks of Karamja.
    My old account was named father todd. And i would stand around the chicken coops in priest robes saying "Blessing of Guthix to all. Please donate your bones to be under the watchful eyes of Guthix!"
    People would have a kick out of it and i went from level 1 prayer to about 50 by spending a few days doing this, and made some good friends.
    Back when runescape was full of active people and no bots.

Haha that sounds like some fun times~! I don't know much about the leveling but that's a pretty great story to tell huh~?! <3

I've seen runescape on the phone but I never could bring myself to try it!
    Poko.png
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    Perseus01 wrote: »
    Knight sister raids on Dantooine and dying over and over again, and waiting on master Doc rezes if any were bursting at the time. Oh and Rancor elite battles and ofcourse Krayt Dragon pearl drops.

Oooooo~!! Sounds like some star wars stuff...? I could be wrong lol I've never really watched any of the star wars~! Awesome though! except for... dying over and over again lol
    Poko.png
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    LotekArc wrote: »
    My first MMO was Tibia - but it was a short adventure - the textures deterred me. In the meantime, I played different MMOs, D2, D3, PoE, MU Online - but my favorite MMO is EVE Online. I remember today when I was playing with a friend and I shot down the first enemy ship (I was a tiny ship). Since then I have been playing EVE every day and it has almost become my second "job".

Oh man that sounds... good and bad lol.... like... if you enjoy it thats AMAZING~! and it sounds fun and awesome.. but It sounds like it could be stressful being a second "Job" lol

I hope you keep having fun shootin' down ships and adventuring on!
    Poko.png
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    AeonAuron wrote: »
    When you play ArcheAge for 5 years the answer is kinda obvious...
    My most memorable moment was when we defended a castle outnumbered; 30v60.

Oh awesome! I hope there will be opportunity for that in Ashes! Like if you're more skilled than the attackers, numbers wouldn't matter AS much. I know numbers should still matter, but just mindlessly getting people together seems lame. Anyway I think I might be trying Archeage!... perhaps.. I need to download it first lol
    Poko.png
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    Sharen wrote: »
    Aion's PVPVE faction experience was great at the time. (v.2.7)

I'm glad you enjoyed it~! I hope you're playing it, or something else that you enjoy~! <3 And that Ashes will be amazing you for c:
    Poko.png
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    noemad wrote: »
    In EQ2 one time me and some members of my guild were heading into a dungeon. We got assembled, got into the dungeon and started exploring. We got involved in a huge fight because one of my guildies, who played a monk, had run ahead and started the fight without us. So we had to go save him. He died but the cleric rezzed him. However he had forgotten to repair all of his armor and weapons before we went in and when he died every piece of armor he was wearing broke so when he was rezzed he was just standing there naked (well naked for EQ2). He didn't have any spare gear on him and if you left the dungeon you couldn't get back in due to the lockout timer so he was stuck being naked. As we progressed thru the dungeon we would get drops from mobs we had killed and give stuff to him so that eventually he had some piecemeal armor and weapons to use. He was known forevermore after that as The Naked Monk. For guild recruiting drives we used to send him out to a hill outside of Qeynos to strip to attract people to hear our recruitment spiel.

Another time I and some guildies were in Nektropus Castle. I was playing my main, a Barbarian Berserker and was tanking. For one reason or another I got killed by an AOE and got rezzed. When I got rezzed however my character didn't get back to his feet. For some reason, some kind of glitch, the dead emote stuck. I was alive and could move and fight but I just looked like I was dead. My guildies just couldn't stop laughing (I was too) at the sight of my dead body sliding along the floor and tanking mobs. It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen in a game. We played the entire instance that way. I was a dead body until we finished up and zoned out. Then it finally reset and I was back.

I miss those days. They were some of the best I ever had while gaming. That game and those guildies were what made it that way. I haven't felt quite the same in any game since. I guess that's the way it is with your first MMO. Nothing compares to the first one you play.

Those are some AWESOME stories~! I feel like that would wind up being me in Ashes, naked and dumb. It'll be my first MMO~! So I hope i can make memories like you did! <3

It's awesome how people have so many stories to tell with MMORPG games...! It makes me hope and wish even more that Ashes will be an amazing first experience, and that it will last for years to come~! I love the idea of a game lasting for such a long time, like WoW. That just seems so cool...! A community being around for so long, having fun and making stories like your own. Thank you for sharing~! It's getting me even more excited for my first MMO experience c: <3

I hope Ashes will be able to bring back some of that amazement for you, I'm sure it isn't all gone~! I haven't seen anything as ambitious as ashes in a long time. I hadn't even THOUGHT of playing an MMORPG until ashes came along, I'd barely heard of them besides WoW. I think ashes should be able to breathe life until the industry of MMOs. (Hopefully) <3
    Poko.png
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    poisonz wrote: »

destroying guilds from the inside spreading the seed of chaos

0.0 Well we know who to watch out for now <3 (Jk <3 )
    Poko.png
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    Autumnleaf wrote: »
    Allods online a few years ago, played for over 30 hours straight with a friend when he was at a sleep over and getting giddy over my female character having sexy lingerie without armor (we were younger back then and obvs got giddy over stuff like that). The most memorable was playing MU Online as a child, entering Chaos Castle for the first time only to get 1 shotted in an instant. That hit me hard. Also thinking how badass Dark Lord is <3

Getting your character to max level for the first time is a great feeling and experience too c:

Awww that sounds great~! I really hope ashes can bring feeling like that back to you~! (Maybe not the whole.. girls in undies but... I could appreciate that since I'm pretty young LOL) Either way I think ashes should be able to revitalize everyones interest in mmos... hopefully.. And that is an amazing story~! I feel like that'll be me... walking into somewhere and getting destroyed and 1 shot lol <3
    Poko.png
  • Options
    Getting pked nonstop in wow during those days.
  • Options
    A ... good ... exerience would have been the olde times in WoW Classic and Burning Crusade. Then when a good tank was as rare as pearls in the mud. We had to poach tanks from other guilds and present them with incentives to raid with us, loot, gold power and women were for their taking. (All in all the reason for no good high end tanks was because only warrior tanks were actually viable as main tanks and warriors were hell to level. No self heal and they could not pull more then two or three adds at the same time. A good thing to do was to actually keep gear with willpower and staves as your gear, because all the willpower helped regen between fights and staves had THE highest damage numbers, which boosted you dps for around half the total amount...)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    nick10281 wrote: »

Stranglethorn vale was such a nice experiece wouldnt you say? :D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member

pked? I assume that's a bad thing lol
    Poko.png
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    Damokles wrote: »
    A ... good ... exerience would have been the olde times in WoW Classic and Burning Crusade. Then when a good tank was as rare as pearls in the mud. We had to poach tanks from other guilds and present them with incentives to raid with us, loot, gold power and women were for their taking. (All in all the reason for no good high end tanks was because only warrior tanks were actually viable as main tanks and warriors were hell to level. No self heal and they could not pull more then two or three adds at the same time. A good thing to do was to actually keep gear with willpower and staves as your gear, because all the willpower helped regen between fights and staves had THE highest damage numbers, which boosted you dps for around half the total amount...)

Tanking was rare back then huh~?!? Well I could see why if they were really hard to level up.
    I never played WoW so I don't know too much, but hecc if I was offered all that stuff I'd be leveling a tank in no time~!
    I'm not even sure what I'm going to be in ashes, if I'll enjoy healing or damage dealing or tanking.

Either way I hope you can make some amazing memories and friends in Ashes ! <3

Thanks for sharing! maybe if it ends up like that in Ashes I'll have to be tanking n.n lol
    Poko.png
  • Options

Pk stands for player kill
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Trying to take our guild hall in guild wars 2 with only 10 people now that was a nightmare to do
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options

pk = player killed
    It was always on the PvP dedicated servers where rogues liked to gank (attack) lower leveled people.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member

Pk stands for player kill
    Damokles wrote: »

pk = player killed
    It was always on the PvP dedicated servers where rogues liked to gank (attack) lower leveled people.

Thank you guys! That must be super annoying lol
    Poko.png
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    nagash wrote: »
    Trying to take our guild hall in guild wars 2 with only 10 people now that was a nightmare to do

Hmmm... I haven't quiet played that game but is that a good or bad memory ? lol I assume good after you finally got through and took it!
    Poko.png
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    nagash wrote: »

Hmmm... I haven't quiet played that game but is that a good or bad memory ? lol I assume good after you finally got through and took it!

Oh we took it and it was worth it but I will always remember the struggle
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace