Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Catfall is such a great ability\item. What other types of mobility skills would you like to see?

Magic ManMagic Man Member
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
I think catfall adds such great depth to the combat\gameplay as it makes the game less 'linear' as in most MMOs and generally more fun. I personally would like to see the mage ability of levitation brought back ( https://youtu.be/KHTWhIF5cqI?t=47 ) - it was said to be too OP so they cancelled it..for some reason...Anyway. The other item\skill I look most forward to see is the grapple hook - which Hawkeye in APOC castle sieges will have. Soo what about you guys> What other types of mobility\utility skills would you like to see?

signature.png
«1

Comments

  • LyiatLyiat Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'd love limited terrian scaling. Being able to slowly climb a castle wall, for example, or trees. ArchAge has tree climbing but there's little point to doing so except maybe get a slight increase in height before using a glider.
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Besides the obvious offensive ones like Shadowstep and Lunge I've always been a fan of skills that can be defensive ones as well.

    An "Escape" that gets you jump to a friend's location if you're in trouble. Or a Blink of course.

    Water-walking is something I'm really hoping for.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • @Lyiat
    Lyiat wrote: »
    I'd love limited terrian scaling. Being able to slowly climb a castle wall, for example, or trees. ArchAge has tree climbing but there's little point to doing so except maybe get a slight increase in height before using a glider.
    Ah yes that would be cool. Unfortunately climbing won't be a free-form. Even rogues will be able to climb certain areas structures (that kind of limitations annoy me for two reasons. First it's vague..which structures exactly? why not just say 'certain structures won't be climbable e.g. castle walls'..The second reason is for immersion, it would only make sense to allow climbing on every structure if the class has a climb ability.
    signature.png
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2019
    We know already that there exist grappling hooks in the game, that could be awesome.
    Other already shown abilities are the bubble for the mage, the teleport and the switch.
    What I really would like to see is a timeloop ability. Like you activate it and then do something for a certain amount of time (loose health, use abilities, move around etc) and then end up in the place and have the hp etc from when you activatd the loop.
    Could be a massive cd, but has so many possibilities. :D
    roaaztC.gif
  • Karthos wrote: »
    Besides the obvious offensive ones like Shadowstep and Lunge I've always been a fan of skills that can be defensive ones as well.

    An "Escape" that gets you jump to a friend's location if you're in trouble. Or a Blink of course.

    Water-walking is something I'm really hoping for.

    @Karthos Water-walking 🤩 I didn't think of that and it sounds awesome. Unfortunately lunging won't be in the MMO I remember Steven saying...for some reason. Do they try to make the game less fun as time goes by or something..not sure.
    signature.png
  • Damokles wrote: »
    We know already that there exist grappling hooks in the game, that could be awesome.
    Other already shown abilities are the bubble for the mage, the teleport and the switch.
    What I really would like to see is a timeloop ability. Like you activate it and then do something for a certain amount of time (loose health, use abilities, move around etc) and then end up in the place and have the hp etc from when you activatd the loop.
    Could be a massive cd, but has so many possibilities. :D

    @Damokles A time spell eh..I'd love to see such abilities as well. Might be hard to implement tho
    signature.png
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    kayra wrote: »
    Damokles wrote: »
    We know already that there exist grappling hooks in the game, that could be awesome.
    Other already shown abilities are the bubble for the mage, the teleport and the switch.
    What I really would like to see is a timeloop ability. Like you activate it and then do something for a certain amount of time (loose health, use abilities, move around etc) and then end up in the place and have the hp etc from when you activated the loop.
    Could be a massive cd, but has so many possibilities. :D

    @Damokles A time spell eh..I'd love to see such abilities as well. Might be hard to implement tho

    If League of Legends can do that then I believe that IS will be able to also do it^^
    It would also be funny, that if you activate it right before you die and then get healed and run to safety, that you then end up before the enemy with nearly zero hp (because it got set back :D)
    roaaztC.gif
  • FhinFhin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'd like to see a spell like stone-/earthshaping. Block gates similar to the bulwarck ability, but also create stairs to climb difficult terrain or create elevated ground and distance yourself from enemies.
    Qsb9psK.png
  • AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    I'd like to see an ability like warlocks dark circle in WoW. Being able to place a return point for teleport rewards thinking ahead about how you can get out of a situation.

    Rift also had this ability on the riftstalker class(rogue tank) making LOS pulls rather convenient.
    k2U15J3.png
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @hackerson the elevated ground sounds cool. Like a little platform to protect your casters or something (would be pretty broken though if it held longer then 15sec
    roaaztC.gif
  • FhinFhin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Damokles wrote: »
    @hackerson the elevated ground sounds cool. Like a little platform to protect your casters or something (would be pretty broken though if it held longer then 15sec

    Agreed, the duration is key. It's what makes the spell balanced or broken. Also imagine being in a siege and just creating a giant middle finger to tell the opposing side exactly how you feel^^
    Definitely won't be in the game, but I love playing around with the idea :smiley:
    Qsb9psK.png
  • dphantomtvdphantomtv Member, Alpha One
    Firstly, I’d love for the grapple to like Pathfinder’s grapple in Apex Legends and less like the grapple of widowmaker in Overwatch.

    Secondly, an additional spell that I’ve played around with a lot and think would make a great addition would be the ability to send out an illusion of yourself and teleporting to it. I think that’d be really fun.

    Also, any kind of hook or pull is ALWAYS fun!
    dEbtg6Q.jpg
    He's a phantom | twitch.tv/dphantomtv
  • FhinFhin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    a pathfinder hook would be insane, too bad we have fall damage in Ashes :'D

    So like Mirage's Q, except if you like it's position you could blink to it. I'm digging that idea^^
    Qsb9psK.png
  • dphantomtvdphantomtv Member, Alpha One
    @hackerson exactly, I’m not sure what would happen if people shot at it though.
    dEbtg6Q.jpg
    He's a phantom | twitch.tv/dphantomtv
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2019
    A normal illusion to send ahead would be pretty nice. In case of you playing a rogue (cause that seems really rogue like), you could send out your illusion and use the time to go stealth
    roaaztC.gif
  • FhinFhin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dphantomtv wrote: »
    @hackerson exactly, I’m not sure what would happen if people shot at it though.
    "Hahaha you got bamboozeled!" What else could happen, @Dphantomtv ?^^

    Also if we can send a clone ahead to scout, I would like if traps don't react to a clone, since it's basically an illusion at first, how should it trip a wire for example. People of course may get bamboozeld ;)
    Qsb9psK.png
  • dphantomtvdphantomtv Member, Alpha One
    Exactly, I think it’d make for a fine addition to the rogues class kit
    dEbtg6Q.jpg
    He's a phantom | twitch.tv/dphantomtv
  • LyiatLyiat Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    For mages or summoners, a cool idea might be to summon a small platform under you and raise you up in the air a few feet. Have it last like ten seconds or so to give you a vantage point. Depending on how high it puts you in the air it could be used to reach high places, or give you a slight edge in combat.
  • seaberseaber Member, Intrepid Pack
    Catfall is actually terrible for the game and will have to be removed
    Legendary Healer
    Invincible Tank
    Unrivalled Dps
    Queen of Growlgate
    Kraken Tamer
    Super Cutie
    H8 me cuz u ain't me
  • AtliAtli Member, Warrior of Old
    I've enjoyed playing with push / pull abilities in both PvP and PvE (i.e.: Raid boss puzzles) where certain classes have the ability to pull an ally (out of fire or within an AOE heal) or enemy, or the ability to swap places with an ally or enemy. Some of my best world PvP moments are from creatively using these types of utilities (or chain them) to alter the course of a battle!
    jgyClWy.jpg
  • OrcLuckOrcLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would love an ability that lifts you into the air and you ride on an RNG wind bluff. Kind of like being in a hot air balloon just enjoying the view.
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Zomnivore wrote: »
    I would love an ability that lifts you into the air and you ride on an RNG wind bluff. Kind of like being in a hot air balloon just enjoying the view.

    Fizzy lifting drinks
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    A damage mitigation shield for casters.
  • LyiatLyiat Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    makinoji wrote: »
    A damage mitigation shield for casters.

    How... is that a mobility skill...?
  • ShadowVenShadowVen Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    For Tanks: Skill that would quickly throw their shield on the ground (slopes or flat surfaces) and jump onto it to move forward similar to riding a snowboard/surf board

    Mages: Summon (open) a portal beneath them and open portal at other location to teleport through

    Dexterity based classes: Acrobatics of some sort to quickly weave side to side or backwards (outside of retreating shot)
    [img][/img]
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'd love a way to do acrobatics like cartwheel to enemy and with a force push of some sort at the end. Course I would love a monk type who did ninja type moves; things like that.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

  • @Shadowven all great ideas 🤩hope Intrepid is taking notes 📝
    signature.png
  • Damokles wrote: »
    kayra wrote: »
    Damokles wrote: »
    We know already that there exist grappling hooks in the game, that could be awesome.
    Other already shown abilities are the bubble for the mage, the teleport and the switch.
    What I really would like to see is a timeloop ability. Like you activate it and then do something for a certain amount of time (loose health, use abilities, move around etc) and then end up in the place and have the hp etc from when you activated the loop.
    Could be a massive cd, but has so many possibilities. :D

    @Damokles A time spell eh..I'd love to see such abilities as well. Might be hard to implement tho

    If League of Legends can do that then I believe that IS will be able to also do it^^
    It would also be funny, that if you activate it right before you die and then get healed and run to safety, that you then end up before the enemy with nearly zero hp (because it got set back :D)

    Unfortunately tho this will be an MMO which means boring stuff with only few cool abilities :\ Intrepid can still surprise tho
    signature.png
  • VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I just want actual magic, not some long range projectile flashy shit but actual MAGIC, Mages and especially ArchWizards should have paper defense but literally the highest DPS in the entire game and I mean by a lot. So far no game has accomodated magic to that extent besides RPG games based on D&D where 9th tier spells have those god like qualities but they can be found in lower tiers at least to my knowledge that is.
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Autumnleaf You should watch some Camelot Unchained videos about magic, they have an insane system i believe. (You can make your own spells etc)
    roaaztC.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.