Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Catfall is such a great ability\item. What other types of mobility skills would you like to see?

2»

Comments

• Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    @Autumnleaf You should watch some Camelot Unchained videos about magic, they have an insane system i believe. (You can make your own spells etc)

I dont need anything like that (as nice as it would be) just a wide variety of epic spells c:
  • Options
    Alpha SoulAlpha Soul Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would love an ability that is like a mirror image or even a doppelganger copy type ability
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would love to have the same ability as V from dmc 5 where you ride on your summons
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    ShadowVenShadowVen Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Autumnleaf I believe that in Asheron's Call, most Top Tier crafted spells were the highest dps in the game. But I agree with your point, mages should definitely be the top DPS but aslo most negatives in order to balance classes and gameplay.
    [img][/img]
  • Options
    Shadowven wrote: »
    @Autumnleaf I believe that in Asheron's Call, most Top Tier crafted spells were the highest dps in the game. But I agree with your point, mages should definitely be the top DPS but aslo most negatives in order to balance classes and gameplay.

Yeah they should like I said have paper defence, mages dying in a few shots unless they shield themselves should be common, also huge problems if their mana depeltes completly like a few second stun or so c:
  • Options
    LyiatLyiat Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I don't like mages as a DPS class. Their roles are much more tailored to support (leashes, snares, other forms of CC) and single-target nuking (think pyroblast). Not sustained high damage, like a Rogue or a Hunter would. Magic can achieve a wild varity of awe inspiring effects. Why would you restrict them to just being able to do damage? Turning people into toads, freezing them in place... I want to control the battle field. That's why I play a wizard.
  • Options
    ShadowVenShadowVen Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Lyiat wrote: »
    I don't like mages as a DPS class. Their roles are much more tailored to support (leashes, snares, other forms of CC) and single-target nuking (think pyroblast). Not sustained high damage, like a Rogue or a Hunter would. Magic can achieve a wild varity of awe inspiring effects. Why would you restrict them to just being able to do damage? Turning people into toads, freezing them in place... I want to control the battle field. That's why I play a wizard.

There are multiple variances of mage classes. I was referring to a mage class specifically that is heavily focused on spells that are dmg based. Though, as in other games, like Final fantasy, you have Red Mage, white mage, Black mage, etc.. The Red mage has mostly (CC) enfeebling magic along with some low tier dmg spells, where white mage focuses on healing and very little Holy Dmg spells and enfeebling. The focus to the point was that Dmg spell focused mages should do the most dps. The other type of mage classes specialize in their own spells. Also, I am speaking on their Base DPS output, not stacking. Other classes will have balance through their abilities which stack and combo effect which may become equivalent or slightly lower / higher than the mage (wizards) spell over a period of time due to the casters cast lengths, mp pool, etc, however their individual spells should output the most dps at one given time throughout the game.
    [img][/img]
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    A mage spell similar to blink but you cast it on an opponent and for a number of seconds 3 or 4 say they are teleported to random locations around the caster facing in a random direction each second just to completely disorient them.

Say a spell that enables you to change places with either a friendly target or an enemy target but I guess that would make getting into keeps a bit easy.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    kayra wrote: »
    We know already that there exist grappling hooks in the game, that could be awesome.
    Other already shown abilities are the bubble for the mage, the teleport and the switch.
    What I really would like to see is a timeloop ability. Like you activate it and then do something for a certain amount of time (loose health, use abilities, move around etc) and then end up in the place and have the hp etc from when you activated the loop.
    Could be a massive cd, but has so many possibilities. :D

@Damokles A time spell eh..I'd love to see such abilities as well. Might be hard to implement tho

If League of Legends can do that then I believe that IS will be able to also do it^^
    It would also be funny, that if you activate it right before you die and then get healed and run to safety, that you then end up before the enemy with nearly zero hp (because it got set back :D)

Or may be activate Timeloop before jump off the cliff. Could be a massive shortcut trick for travel.
    wasikovee
  • Options
    perseus01perseus01 Member
    edited April 2019
    What would be the augments of catfall?..

Seems like more of a dexterity trait.
  • Options
    Atli wrote: »
    I've enjoyed playing with push / pull abilities in both PvP and PvE (i.e.: Raid boss puzzles) where certain classes have the ability to pull an ally (out of fire or within an AOE heal) or enemy, or the ability to swap places with an ally or enemy. Some of my best world PvP moments are from creatively using these types of utilities (or chain them) to alter the course of a battle!

This kind of mobility definitely adds a whole new layer of complexity that can be both fun and challenging! I know there were a few skills already tested in Apocalypse along these lines - like Warp Space (where you swap locations) or Arcanic Power (knockback). Love seeing the other examples folks have provided in this thread as well!
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    seaberseaber Member, Intrepid Pack
    I've enjoyed playing with push / pull abilities in both PvP and PvE (i.e.: Raid boss puzzles) where certain classes have the ability to pull an ally (out of fire or within an AOE heal) or enemy, or the ability to swap places with an ally or enemy. Some of my best world PvP moments are from creatively using these types of utilities (or chain them) to alter the course of a battle!

This kind of mobility definitely adds a whole new layer of complexity that can be both fun and challenging! I know there were a few skills already tested in Apocalypse along these lines - like Warp Space (where you swap locations) or Arcanic Power (knockback). Love seeing the other examples folks have provided in this thread as well!

Catfall and warp space would be incredibly overpowered in an mmo.
    People would be able to get to unintended places easily and ranged classes would be able to decimate anyone that does not have similar movement skills.
    Legendary Healer
    Invincible Tank
    Unrivalled Dps
    Queen of Growlgate
    Kraken Tamer
    Super Cutie
    H8 me cuz u ain't me
  • Options
    Lyiat wrote: »

Mages should be able to do almost anything, I point out DPS because I love offensive magic, I love seeing powerful spells at work that could smash everything to bits, literal disasters given form. CC and such are great too but they don't suit me. Overall magic is generally diverse and branches off into different paths so there is no point in restricting it but for a pure mage I think DPS is the best since that's kind of what they are known most for. Dealing a lot of damage in single spells, nuking if you will.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Perseus01 wrote: »

I think that Catfall should be already an augment in and off itself. Maybe the first ability would be ONE high jump and then the augment would be the magical version. ;D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    dphantomtvdphantomtv Member, Alpha One

Yes! I love these kind of abilities! You can have some creative and fun ways to kill your opponent. E.G https://clips.twitch.tv/CourteousFriendlyDiamondKappaRoss
    dEbtg6Q.jpg
    He's a phantom | twitch.tv/dphantomtv
  • Options
    Perseus01 wrote: »

I think that Catfall should be already an augment in and off itself. Maybe the first ability would be ONE high jump and then the augment would be the magical version. ;D

So where does your vortex point to though? I'm spun...
  • Options
    Magic ManMagic Man Member
    edited January 2020
    Sulfur_symbol_1_2.svg.png
    signature.png
  • Options
    I'm reviving this post as I'd like to hear more from you guys regarding this. What other kinds of mobility abilities would you like to see in Ashes?
    signature.png
  • Options
    I would like to see some dashes or combat roles for the rogue or bard class.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    I would like to see climbing
  • Options
    Private wrote: »

Its a good thing then, that the rogue is supposed to get a grappling hook xD.
    (A pretty old statement and can have changed)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    I saw in the video of the 5000 bots running randomly they showed us, that "players" had collisions between them.

It would be cool that some classes could interact in some ways or another with this in mind. For exemple a rogue class use a target to launch itself into the sky, or gomba stomp them like mario xD

Imagine using your shield as a tank to make a jump platform for another player. Well, I know, it's **** xD but I would laugh my ass off if I could pull this off in a fight.
  • Options
    Private wrote: »

Its a good thing then, that the rogue is supposed to get a grappling hook xD.
    (A pretty old statement and can have changed)

Yep. in fact the ranger class in castle sieges do have a grappling hook! Can't wait to test it 🤩
    signature.png
  • Options
    HartwellHartwell Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm kind of hoping for mobility to be a little more on the calm side. Flashy mobility makes things confusing in large scale combat if everybody has it. Maybe have rogues use those sprint animations from the BR. I hope there isn't teleporting everywhere.
  • Options
    hartwell wrote: »
    I'm kind of hoping for mobility to be a little more on the calm side. Flashy mobility makes things confusing in large scale combat if everybody has it. Maybe have rogues use those sprint animations from the BR. I hope there isn't teleporting everywhere.

Well, we already know that IS is playing around with the deffinition of mobility in Ashes. The cleric for example has the ability to teleport enemies away from him.
    Banish -
    Rank 1
    Teleport target a distance away from the caster.
    Rank 2
    Decrease hate threat from those enemies and increase the distance. If the target is currently targeting the caster the target will clear.
    Rank 3
    Snare two enemies that are banished. Port them away and then they're slowed.

It is not really a mobility spell, but rather a anti-mobility spell. You dont move yourself but rather move your enemies.
    a6XEiIf.gif