Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

[Suggestion] Housepets

TeylouneTeyloune Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited December 2023 in General Discussion
Hello Everyone :)
Okay, let me share this little idea with you all of something that i always wanted in MMORPGs.

We should have the option to select a one or two of our (many) pets to stay at home and when we come back to our Freehold the pet might be happy to see and greet us.. or maybe it is lying somewhere and is sleeping soundly?
This might be one of the little features which won't give you much in terms of raw gameplay, but they would make the world or at least our homes feel much more alive.

There might be pets that are too big to fully utilize this feature and they won't be able to properly fit through doors and get into the house, but they might still be able to chill in your garden and eagerly wait for your return. <3

Comments

  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    I could see this being an expansion feature 3-6 months down the line.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What about a small creature that lives in a garbage can, and you feed it money so it can eat.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • ZombarbarbrusZombarbarbrus Member
    edited April 2019
    I really like this idea, I want to come home to see my pet rather than just keep them inside of a menu to switch them out.
    urtuytryurtuytr.png
  • poisonzpoisonz Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    teyloune wrote: »
    Suggestion: Housepets

    a pet that eats thrown out food in the trash then steals money from visitors

    AhuZFn7.gif
  • MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    I want a tulnar and a dwarf as house pets
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    Go back to some early live streams, in one of them Steven shows a little deer house pet. I think it's safe to say we will probably have some.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

  • FulltimeWifeFulltimeWife Member, Intrepid Pack
    i can be wrong here but at one point in time, hasnt it been sayd that there are plans to have a collection of pets walking around on your freehold ?
    wxkas80nggsz.gif
  • VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Give me an owl and I am in for it c:
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Can I have an undead mouse called brain?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nagash wrote: »
    Can I have an undead mouse called brain?

    Dont you already have the upper torso zombie pet? Why dont you call him Brain?
    roaaztC.gif
  • VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    Can I have an undead mouse called brain?

    Dont you already have the upper torso zombie pet? Why dont you call him Brain?

    He's obviously Torso
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    Can I have an undead mouse called brain?

    Dont you already have the upper torso zombie pet? Why dont you call him Brain?

    because he is called richard
    nJ0vUSm.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nagash wrote: »
    Damokles wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    Can I have an undead mouse called brain?

    Dont you already have the upper torso zombie pet? Why dont you call him Brain?

    because he is called richard

    I call mine: Alu-Card.
    roaaztC.gif
  • VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    Damokles wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    Can I have an undead mouse called brain?

    Dont you already have the upper torso zombie pet? Why dont you call him Brain?

    because he is called richard

    I call mine: Alu-Card.

    Original I like it.
  • GemiiChanGemiiChan Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Teyloune wrote: »
    Hello Everyone :)
    Okay, let me share this little idea with you all of something that i always wanted in MMORPGs.

    We should have the option to select a one or two of our (many) pets to stay at home and when we come back to our Freehold the pet might be happy to see and greet us.. or maybe it is lying somewhere and is sleeping soundly?
    This might be one of the little features which won't give you much in terms of raw gameplay, but they would make the world or at least our homes feel much more alive.

    There might be pets that are too big to fully utilize this feature and they won't be able to properly fit through doors and get into the house, but they might still be able to chill in your garden and eagerly wait for your return. <3

    This very topic was discuss today, and Steven gave hint at wanting "PET Children", that could arise from marriage to another player! *insert hilarity here!*

    I love the idea of coming home to a creature that I may have bred sleeping in its bed that I crafted outta random stuffs I found in Verra!

    :O I mean...we could even turn it into like a pet adoption agency and have the freehold dedicated to the different biomes the creatures love!
    4Ts5BFf.gif
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    poisonz wrote: »
    teyloune wrote: »
    Suggestion: Housepets

    a pet that eats thrown out food in the trash then steals money from visitors

    I thought that's what the tulnar were.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Ill take a Small Tulnar child as a pet.
    BQvQMJ4.png
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Varkun wrote: »
    poisonz wrote: »
    teyloune wrote: »
    Suggestion: Housepets

    a pet that eats thrown out food in the trash then steals money from visitors

    I thought that's what the tulnar were.
    Necronix wrote: »
    Ill take a Small Tulnar child as a pet.

    giphy.gif[img][/img]
    roaaztC.gif
  • Damokles wrote: »
    Varkun wrote: »
    poisonz wrote: »
    teyloune wrote: »
    Suggestion: Housepets

    a pet that eats thrown out food in the trash then steals money from visitors

    I thought that's what the tulnar were.
    Necronix wrote: »
    Ill take a Small Tulnar child as a pet.

    giphy.gif[img][/img]

    Someone has to mow the grass and take out the trash might as well be an inferior species.
    BQvQMJ4.png
Sign In or Register to comment.