Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Please make a labyrinth

2»

Comments

• Options
    OrcLuckOrcLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It doesn't need to be competitive it can stay a pve thing, I'm just saying I've seen it before and had fun.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This is something I think intrepid should add
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Yes. This thread deserves more upvotes. So many possibilities with a labyrinth in an mmo

Nagash wrote: »
    Will we have mini raid bosses that defend the crossroads

r.i.p star man

Whats a labyrinth without mini bosses?
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
  • Options
    GemiiChanGemiiChan Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This would be an interesting addition! Id love to see something like that! :open_mouth:

I know there is a similar feature in BnS! and you get an achievement if you can beat it in a certain time limit!
    4Ts5BFf.gif
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Something on the scale of Undermountain from the Forgotten Realms D&D campaign plz. You could have attunements that you need to achieve that will allow you to access deeper parts of the delve but make them very hard to obtain.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    what about a huge tower that is also a labyrinth
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    OrcLuckOrcLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I imagine an instance would probably be the best choice for a labyrinth but perhaps make it one with multiple people allowed to join into one at a time, from multiple entrances.
  • Options
    As we understand it many of the dungeons in Ashes will not be instanced and a huge labyrinth would lend its self to the none instanced ideal. Would be fun to be in the depths of a dungeon and come across another group and seeing what moves they may make.
    Vanguard had open world dungeons and it was fun to come across other groups though there was no pvp in that game.
    3KAqRIf.png
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Varkun wrote: »
    As we understand it many of the dungeons in Ashes will not be instanced and a huge labyrinth would lend its self to the none instanced ideal. Would be fun to be in the depths of a dungeon and come across another group and seeing what moves they may make.
    Vanguard had open world dungeons and it was fun to come across other groups though there was no pvp in that game.

I just really want to try having fights with others over bosses c:
  • Options
    What if the raids have labyrinths and they change every day so you have to make new tactics
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    GemiiChanGemiiChan Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What if the raids have labyrinths and they change every day so you have to make new tactics

I feel like it would be fun for a smaller type of raid thats whole point (lore based of course) is its abrupt changing nature, but for something larger it might be fun the first couple of times around but then get annoying very soon after!
    4Ts5BFf.gif
  • Options
    There would need to be methods to open up access to the lower parts of the labyrinth through frighting your way down to the lower parts and then completing some sort of attunement to open a portal. Perhaps you could enter back through the same portal but you would need to be attuned to do so.
    It need not be all about just fighting monsters either there could be vaults full of lost lore to be discovered areas where rare resources could be harvested, artifacts from lost civilizations, perhaps if you delve deep enough it will connect to the under realm.
    3KAqRIf.png
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Or not tactic at all, just improvise or die c:
  • Options
    eruiluvatareruiluvatar Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    A Labyrinth sounds fun, BUT what about semi labyrinths!
    This kind of reminded me of the Old Forest in LOTRO - not a real labyrinth but due to the atmospheric effects and nicely hidden map I got lost countless times in there. So even outside of raids it would be great fun to just come across a foggy forest that makes you walk in circles until you find your way out...... >:)
    tenor.gif