Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Bad mayors

2»

Comments

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    consultant wrote: »
    So guessing by the comments of the last live stream every time a mayor get selected a node will get destroyed. Really interested how this is going to play out. I mean who is not going to want to destroy their own node after losing an election.
    That's not what was said.
    Steven said that currently the only way to remove a sitting mayor before their month is over is to destroy the Node.
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Could you imagine?

"Welp, our mayor hasn't logged in for 12 months. Better vote him back in so my node stuff does get destroyed."

Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    consultantconsultant Member
    edited July 2019
    What was actually said was only way to remove a mayor was to destroy a node by Jeff Bard. So as soon as mayor gets elected the loser of the election will most likely try to destroy the node just to get another chance to ride mount. And Krohn was the one that said mayors get elected every 30 days.

Really does not matter if it s a good mayor or bad mayor toons want to find a way to ride a dragon mount so I am guessing by the aforementioin comments every time a mayor gets elected the node will get destroyed.

Is there something a player will not do to get a dragon mount. If it means rallying the troops and destroying the node so be it.

So who would not want to do that. Some might have it all orchestrated in case they lose the election in the first place.

So im just guessing from the comments that were made everytime a mayor gets elected its goodbye node. Actuaully really funny. I will just keep destroying my node until I get elected. Why Not?

Guess I should of clarified.
  • Options

Starts at 1:26:11
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2019
    What was actually said was only way to remove a mayor was to destroy a node by Jeff Bard. So as soon as mayor gets elected the loser of the election will most likely try to destroy the node just to get another chance to ride mount. And Krohn was the one that said mayors get elected every 30 days.

Really does not matter if it s a good mayor or bad mayor toons want to find a way to ride a dragon mount so I am guessing by the aforementioin comments every time a mayor gets elected the node will get destroyed.

Is there something a player will not do to get a dragon mount. If it means rallying the troops and destroying the node so be it.

So who would not want to do that. Some might have it all orchestrated in case they lose the election in the first place.

So im just guessing from the comments that were made everytime a mayor gets elected its goodbye node. Actuaully really funny. I will just keep destroying my node until I get elected. Why Not?

Guess I should of clarified.

You realize that a mayor is only in control for a month right?

Trying to destroy the node instead of waiting for the next election would take longer and be very expensive (sieges aren't free). You would lose access to all the benefits that node had until you built it back up, which would take months. Only reason I could see you sieging a node to get mayor is if you planned to join a near by level 5 node, level it up to 6, and become it's mayor, in which you case, you are still stuck waiting until the next election cycle.

There will probably be times people try to siege nodes because they don't get mayor but it's probably not going to because they want a dragon mount.
  • Options
    Well thanks for the info mcstackerson.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Really does not matter if it's a good mayor or bad mayor toons want to find a way to ride a dragon mount so I am guessing by the aforementioned comments every time a mayor gets elected the node will get destroyed.

So I'm just guessing from the comments that were made every time a mayor gets elected its goodbye node. Actually really funny. I will just keep destroying my node until I get elected. Why Not?
    Um. Only in Scientific Nodes do people elect a mayor.
    The other Node types have different methods for determining who is mayor.
  • Options
    dygz wrote: »
    Really does not matter if it's a good mayor or bad mayor toons want to find a way to ride a dragon mount so I am guessing by the aforementioned comments every time a mayor gets elected the node will get destroyed.

So I'm just guessing from the comments that were made every time a mayor gets elected its goodbye node. Actually really funny. I will just keep destroying my node until I get elected. Why Not?
    Um. Only in Scientific Nodes do people elect a mayor.
    The other Node types have different methods for determining who is mayor.

This is important information this thread needed.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    Was thinking about people that are bad majors looks like Scientific node is only one that has elections so a bad major could be removed or good major relected. But as far as i can tell that postion in Gladatoirial Nodes will be duels and in and Economic Node looks like person with most gold. Remeber something about being able to bid on it. And Divine node has to do with who has the most diven oriented tasks.

So Scientific node really only node that has real incentive to do a good job or be removed. As far econimic nodes will not be unusual for person with most gold last month (person with lots of time to play and grind gold) would be the same person or only a few peoplw will even be able to contend for that position.

Same thing for Divine Node person that has more time to play most likely have better chance to be mayor
    And as far as the PvP node well PvP skill spikes really sharply. For example lets say im the best dueler on the server then very few players would in fact have the skill to challenge me so people that could contend for that position would come from a very small pool of people. Same thing for Divine Nodes and Economic node only people that can contend is people that play a the most and not based on how well they do their jobs.
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think economic node should be fine too:
    • An oligarchy will form.
    • If there's a bad mayor, they'll just pool their money and outbid the mayor
    • If enough people don't like the oligarchy, you can raze the node.

I also like the idea that a tyrant can run a military node - it's fitting in a way that lets them truly earn their place.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    If you are a bad mayor, and you are in a position to run a node for a while, people will just move to another node.

Node citizenship is supposed to be transient, so this isn't an issue.
  • Options
    Funny how some people will put more thought into their in game elections, and mayor policies and ideologies for a game that isn’t even released yet, than they do IRL ;) (some)
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Noaani wrote: »
    If you are a bad mayor, and you are in a position to run a node for a while, people will just move to another node.

Node citizenship is supposed to be transient, so this isn't an issue.

To add to this, Node's degrade without resources. A bad mayor that causes people to move, will most likely de-level the node. Even if they get re-elected they automatically weild less power or mean anything on a macro level.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    You would/could get a new mayor, when the time it up, for the sitting. How that happens depends on the node type.
    But as others have said. Unlike in New World, they can't pocket the money in this game. Steven said that quite a while ago
  • Options
    SquishesSquishes Member
    edited November 2021
    I think it should be balanced so that corruption/theft can be done but limit it so it won't be too extreme. I am thinking that preventing the judge like incidents but allowing awox and medium sized thefts to be done would be nice.

#freegigx
  • Options
    YuyukoyayYuyukoyay Member
    edited November 2021
    Would be nice if the citizens could vote them out before their term is over as well. Like all the system is doing is letting people abuse the systems with no repercussions for their actions.

Basically there is no middle ground form of player input. There is just get butt fucked or nuke them. Both the most extreme versions of both possible actions. A middle ground of the majority voting off dumbass mayors or guild backed mayors that aren't doing anything for that same majority would be nice. So you don't have to resort to the equivalent of bombing a bank because they didn't give you the correct bank balance.

The alternatives are just as extreme. Don't like it move from the city isn't really a solution to the potential problem either. It's just running away from the potential problem existing in the game if anything.

The game isn't actually giving the people in the nodes any power at all despite that being a core focus of the game. The way it's going is the node system isn't really gonna be worth a damn since you can just do whatever you want with no repercussions at all until it escalates to the point where raiding the node is a necessity. Would be nice if you actually had to win the node over politically as well though.

I would mind less if people were just stupid and getting brainwashed since it's player influenced. However, the problem is the opposite of having enough player input at every stage of the system.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »
    I just realised something.... Couldnt someone be a practical Overlord of a military node?
    IS said, that military nodes held a martial competition or something to determine the leader.
    Couldnt that lead to someone who is extremely geared and skilled to supress anyone else in the node, and then do whatever they want?
    Intrepid should implement something to counteract in such a situation.

On another hand, it would be really cool, if there was a rebellion inside of the node and they then worked together with other nodes overthrowing the government (thinking of Vol'jins Rebellion in WoW)

It's good to be Ceasar until someone assassinates you. :wink: