Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Would you like to see a Metallurgy skill in AoC?

What is Metallurgy? It's the art and science of extracting metals from their ores and modifying the metals for use.

Looking up a few mixes of metals, I have seen the combos of metals to make Quicksilver, Mithril + Silver, and Black Steel a mix of Deep Iron + Infuscolium.
Now granted we don't know what ores will be in AoC, but I am tossing out an example of what I would love to see happen in the game. Sure mine up the ores, then make the bars of whatever metal types, then use Metallurgy if available to make combos of new metals into something better.

I would add you only gain this option if you stay in a scientific node town/ city.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2019
    I think it would be cool if we were able to use different materials to modify the characteristics of a crafted item. It would make the crafting system more robust and also make processing professions more interesting.
    This could go for more than just metal though, making composite wood bows and staves as well, and mixtures of different materials for armor.
    k2U15J3.png
  • arzosah wrote: »
    I think it would be cool if we were able to use different materials to modify the characteristics of a crafted item. It would make the crafting system more robust and also make processing professions more interesting.
    This could go for more than just metal though, making composite wood bows and staves as well, and mixtures of different materials for armor.

Oh right, that would be cool too, anything to make crafting deep I am 100% onboard with.
  • MeowsedMeowsed Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2023
    Mega troll frmr1cq9w89im2.jpg