Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

2FA backup codes

HerdoHerdo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
I enabled 2FA (two-factor authentication) for my Intrepid Studios account today. Sadly, I was unable to find any backup codes, in case my phone gets lost or some other misery happens in the feature.

Are backup codes not available on the new SSO platform of Intrepid Studios?
Or are they just hidden somewhere?

This is how Discord presents you your backup codes:
5vu7DzZ.png

Comments

• GubstepGubstep Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    So the way they present 2FA is a little weird.
    Essentially you have a secret key that works similar to a random number generator that generates unique keys that match the schema (your secret key) to verify your identity.

You don't HAVE to use Google Authenticator and I would actually recommend against using it as it lacks this feature. I use an app called "Authy", which allows me to sync between devices and back up my keys with a unique password for each account if I ever needed to restore them.
    Software Engineer
    Addon Developer
    OG Backer
  • BelewynBelewyn Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    As @LieutenantToast has shared in Discord, go ahead and open a support ticket so that the IS team can assist you with this :)

thanks,
    9ZFgGjR.png
  • Hiya! I dropped ya this response on Discord as well, but at the moment 2FA backup/restoration codes are not present on your profile. This is definitely something we'd like to have active in the future, but in the meantime if you have any issues with your 2FA, please go ahead and reach out to our support team directly here: https://ashesofcreation.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.