Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Do you want to see this philosophy in AoC?

RokoRoko Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
I have recently watched this video on YouTube, and found it eye opening. So, I wanted to bring the discussion here, focus it on ashes, and see what you guys think.

Do you agree with the video?
How much would you want these philosophies to align with ashes? If at all.
Based on what you have seen about the MMO so far. Do you think we are headed this way?

I think we can have a fruitful discussion. As it touches much of what I have been seeing around the forums in conversations regarding how hard things should be to achieve in Ashes in order to make them meaningful to the player.
2PXdm1m

Comments

• Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Sandbox games will always have a higher level of meaningful relationships, especially when it comes to player held objectives.

While WoW is a decent example of this, Eve Online is a much better example of meaningful relationships. In Eve Online, betrayal can have massive and long lasting effects. If someone in your alliance deliberately (or even accidentally) fucks something up, you can often see the dominoes fall You see entire swaths of space change hands over a single mistake or misplay.

Ashes is going to have this as well, assuming they either get the 500 vs 500 Castle Sieges or they lower guild size to under 300.

If castle sieges are 500 vs 500, but the guild size is restricted to 300, then you are going to have to count on allied guilds. Even if these are guilds that you "control" through a Gaming Network lead (and break into smaller sister guilds) you still have to trust that there isn't a betrayal in the works.

The same thing with Node Sieges. You may have a group of people pledge to come to the defense (or siege) of a city, and you may be counting on those numbers, only to find out that when it matters they just don't show up.

hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yes
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    RokoRoko Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Joseline wrote: »

Oh I see. Thank you for the link =)

2PXdm1m