Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Feeling "threatened" while leveling/questing

2»

Comments

• Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    shoklen wrote: »
    Kithicor Forest at night, the memories... (EQ1)

God! that place was scary :#
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    MorashtakMorashtak Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Areas leveled to the players level are neither easy nor hard; they're just kinda "meh".

Steven has stated that roads and civilized areas are "lower threat" then off the beaten path. While this may lead to clearing out rat-infested cellars for new players/characters later in the game the early adopters will push into the deep wilderness where grouping up may be needed.

A dark cave found deep in the wilderness should not be filled with fluffy bunnies (no matter the size of their teeth). It should fill the players with a certain dread and caution.

Clearing a farm of foxes should be challenging for low levels but will give them many more "outs" than the above example.
    owuEH4S.png
  • Options
    whitedude31whitedude31 Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    morashtak wrote: »
    Areas leveled to the players level are neither easy nor hard; they're just kinda "meh".

Steven has stated that roads and civilized areas are "lower threat" then off the beaten path. While this may lead to clearing out rat-infested cellars for new players/characters later in the game the early adopters will push into the deep wilderness where grouping up may be needed.

A dark cave found deep in the wilderness should not be filled with fluffy bunnies (no matter the size of their teeth). It should fill the players with a certain dread and caution.

Clearing a farm of foxes should be challenging for low levels but will give them many more "outs" than the above example.

IDK man this is one freaky bunny that seems like it would be pretty high level :smile:

https://shadowwarrior.fandom.com/wiki/Bunny_Lord
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2019
    @morashtak never underestimate the fluffy bunnies!!

https://youtu.be/XcxKIJTb3Hg

Now I really want to see a fluffy bunny raid boss in Ashes, just for the lols.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    seaberseaber Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited July 2019

Come find me in the open world :^)
    Legendary Healer
    Invincible Tank
    Unrivalled Dps
    Queen of Growlgate
    Kraken Tamer
    Super Cutie
    H8 me cuz u ain't me
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    seaber wrote: »

Awww
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    whitedude31whitedude31 Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    karthos wrote: »
    seaber wrote: »

Awww

can we make it a 3-way? :wink: