Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Chapter One: Winter comes to Verra

13»

Comments

• Options
    granthorgranthor Member
    edited December 2019
    Sitting snug on her throne is Madris, wrapped slightly in fine furs, that covers most of her silky white skin. As parts of her fine shaped body are exposed just showing enough to drive any man crazy with lust, but no man would dare pay her a visit right now. Her bluish hair covers most of her chest, with strains of golden streaks flowing over her breasts.
    Her trusted big cat pet sits not far away, and Hargas who is loyal without question stands close by with a cart of food and drinks. She has no worries of someone looking to get a peek at her lovely body, as she adjusts the furs a little to cover more of her exposed breast while sipping a cup of Elvin tea. Before her is a very large mirror, and Madris looks into it to admire her beauty. She looks over to Hargas with his head turned away and bowed low, she smiles at her faithful server, who pours her more tea as she extends her cup to him. She knows he wouldn’t dare look at her, not in this state, and if he did look she would have him beaten again. Over the years Hargas has learned to serve his master well and also learned he is to never look upon her when she is exposed like now.
    Madris looks upon the mirror once now, now making a motion with her left hand, and the image of her is replaced with Henry and his friends. She watches closely as they walk deeper into the ruins of the old Dwarf city of Kel Daruhl, an ancient place that was the pride and joy of a long-dead people. Who left behind a mountain of gold and jewels to be had by the lucky ones, and death for all the rest who ventured too deep within its walls.
    She watches as the group is attacked by a large force of large rat beast, but to her surprise, they handle them with ease. A smile crosses her face, as she watches Henry plow through the mass of creatures and his friend quickly follows cutting down anything that moves from the sides.
    “ I told you I wanted him sent to me Madris, not sent off on a fool's quest.”
    She looks up to see the fireplace crackle and spark, as a smoky cloud forms to the front of it. Slowly the cloud takes on the shape of a figure, and it drifts over to the side of the mirror, as glowing red eyes look deep at Madris.
    “ Everything is going as I planned my lord, this is all part of his training. “, she says now taking a sip of tea.
    The glowing eyes turn to watch the group on the mirror now pressing forward into a side chamber, closing the door off behind them, as a new doorway to the far end of the room opens up to them.
    “ If you’re wrong about him, you will pay for his failure. “
    “ I am never wrong about my choices my lord. “, she says now watching a group of goblins enter the room to attack.
    The smoky figure shifts from the mirror to reform right in front of Madris, as she is quickly pulled up to her feet, now dropping her teacup and losing the fur that once covered her now naked body. She watches as red glowing eyes look deep into hers, and she feels a pulling at her mind. Then her pet seeing its master in trouble rushes the figure, but there isn’t anything to grab hold too, as the large cat dives through the smoky cloud and is sent flying into the wall by an unseen force. Hargas knows he can do nothing, and bows down low to the ground. He shows full respect to the power that is now on display, as his master is being lifted off the ground a few inches.
    “ Since you’re so sure about this so-called training of yours, I will send in something to push him a little more. If he is really the one I need, then he will have no problem passing this little test. “
    “ He will pass my lord……. You have my word! ’, she fights to speak as pressure builds up in her mind and a crushing force closes in around her body.
    “ We will see Madris, we will see. “, says the smoky figure as it now fades away.
    She is dropped to the floor hard, once the power releases her, and Hargas quickly picks up the fur that was once around Madris to cover her as quick as he can. He helps her to her feet, then she slaps his hands away as he drops to his knees now to clean up the broken teacup and spilled tea.
    She turns her attention back to the mirror, as she watches the group of adventurers taking a break after the hard fight they just had. She watches Henry for a bit, then extends her mind to his. Holding out her right hand, she whispers a few chants, as her eyes glow a soft blue, and she watches as Henry quickly stands to take the lead in front of the group.
    “ Good boy, now do me proud. “
    Madris sits back down on her throne, as Hargas hands her a new cup of tea, and she drinks it with a new smile on her face while focusing on the actions of Henry.

To be continued………………….

• Options
    granthorgranthor Member
    edited December 2019
    The ancient sign in old Dwarves tongue sits before the party now, read by Crystal it says,
    "Welcome to the city of Kel Daruhl, the center of all wealth and power. "

Henry pauses to look around a bit, as the others fan out to scout the area. He sees built into the sides of the walls large dwellings, as the light from Crystals spells casts long shadows along the ground from them. The work done is enormous, with trimmings of gold and silver enlaced along most of the mountain passages. Still, other building type settings look at have been a huge trade center. Its charm is matched by the backdrop of golden pillars which have helped shape and line halls of the city to what it is today.
    The materials these mountains brought were of great importance once, but they were also influential when it came to architectural designs as the vast majority of building structures mimic the broad angles and steep heights of the cave. So high are most of the ceilings, not even the light cast by Crystal can see the top.

Various other cultures look to have left their mark here as well, not just on trade and relations, but also on the city's identity. Henry can see there is more than a dwarves' hand in other artwork in the area. What historically was a city of little contrast looks to have grown into a large melting pot at its height of power.

Korneel calls for the others, as he finds a new chamber to explore. At the face of the doorway are a pair of tall broken statues in a bleak morass marks the entrance to this opening. Beyond the broken statues lies a grand, damp room. It's covered in bat droppings, dead vermin, and rat droppings. The smell of it gives a few in the party the reflex reaction to hold their noses, as Crystal’s light slowly begins to fade, but Richard just pushes in, so he can inspect the room without care to its smell.
    Henry watches as he strikes a new torch, allowing them to see what seems like some form of a sacrificial chamber, worn and ravaged by time itself.

Further ahead is a single path. Crystal cast a new light spell to light the way, and It shows a twisted trail leading past what looks to be lost treasure rooms. There are also unknown rooms of different sizes full of dusty items, and what looks to be an old armory full old weapons and armor. Down the hall, a bit more is a room that holds rows upon rows of shelves, that are packed with books or remnants of books. In the center sits a single skeleton dressed in a mages cloak, still holding an old staff that rests on its left side.

“ What happened in this place? “, asks Sarah now taking a closer look at the skeleton.
    She reaches out to touch the bones lightly, only to have them all fall apart into the chair they were resting on.
    She jumps back with a slight scare as the head of the dead mage rolls to her feet. There are a few chuckles as the group moves onward into the chamber’s shadows. They pass various different rooms and countless passages, some are dead ends, others lead to who knows where, or what.
    “ This is madness! Where are all the other groups that came before us? “, questions Richard now getting more on edge.
    “ Calm yourself, my friend, we knew this would happen. The other groups might be off in different areas or have returned to town by now. Besides after the few fights we had, who would blame them if they retreated out of this place. “, says Korneel while looking around the area carefully.
    Henry listens to his friends, then he finds his guard now going up more, as he lifts his shield high to protect his chest. Was fear creeping back into his mind? A voice whispers in his mind to be calm. His guard lowers as he relaxes a bit, then he looks at Ebrae as she has moved off to scout the area a bit more, then Crystal and Sam with the other healer Luke. They seem to be getting along very well now, more so than what happened in the beginning, but it all got worked quickly.
    Ebrae calls over Oliver to where she is standing, and they have a short discussion about a doorway that has now come into view. A forbidden doorway, that is lined with bones and skulls of different races. This looks to be what is likely the final room in this area, as a mysterious metal door blocks the group's path. On the door, there are different languages written. Crystal walks over to take a look, but Ebrae waves her back. She explains one of the messages is written in elfish, and it’s a dire warning to go back while they still can, yet somehow this door is untouched by time and the elements. Henry carefully takes a few steps closer to inspect it and.. wait.. they hear a loud bang in the distance from which they came.
    The group turns to see team six walking in from the rear, as they have been following Richard’s group for a little while now.
    “ Well now, what do we have here? “, asks Hayden with a big smile.
    Hayden walks into the area with his team that consists of a mage, two fighters, a bard, a healer, and of course Hayden their leader, who is also a knight. All of which sport the best in armor and weapons, as they push past Richard’s group. Hayden looks over the metal door with all the warnings and smiles even more.
    ” Well now boys, you know what this means? I believe we hit the honey pot. Andrew cast a spell on this door if you would please. “, says Hayden as his mage walks over with his book in hand.
    “ Now you just wait a damn minute Hayden! We were here first if you think we are going to let you take first cracks in this new area your mad! “

Hayden argues back at Richard, and the two go back and forth a little more, as Ebrae’s attention is drawn away to the darkened hall Hayden’s group just came from. She hears the sounds of snickering and laughter, then the smell of goblin crosses her nose. She takes out her bow, and draws back one arrow, and sends it flying down the hall. What comes next is the death cry of a fallen goblin, then the battle cry of a large group. She watches as a goblin horde now floods into the hall, and with a pull of her bowstring she takes down one after another. But their numbers are too great to keep up with the pace of new bodies to strike down. Henry turns and rushes to her side, now with sword and shield at the ready, a voice in his mind calls out barrier wall, and he repeats the words aloud as a magical barrier now slows the advance of the goblins. Not giving them a chance to recover, Richard, Oliver, and Korneel rush over to help Henry strike down a few more attackers. The sounds of metal hitting metal as the goblins fill the room, then more flood in from the left side, then a new wave from the right in this large hall. The fighters form a shield circle now, keeping the healers and their mage protected, as Sam and Luke cast what spells they can to help the fighters. The goblins press in on the shield fighters now, as they hold their ground as best they can, losing a few inches with each body that crashes against their shields.

Then with a mighty blast Crystal fires off a wave of fire to takes down half the attackers, sending the others to retreat for a moment, as she then casts a protection spell and rests a bit.
    Ebrae takes this small break in the fighting, to fire off a few more arrows then look over to Crystal.
    “ Are you ok? “
    “ Yes, I just need about twenty seconds to rest, then I can wipe out the rest.”
    Ebrae draws out her two swords from her back, and looks back at Crystal with a nod, then rushes out to meet the enemy head-on. As she moves swiftly to cut down the first few, a voice comes from behind her saying shadow dance, and she feels a light tap on her left shoulder.
    “ No worries Ebrae, I am with you now. “, says Sarah from the shadows.
    The two perform a dance of death, as Sarah matches her moments, they cut down every attacker that gets close to them. Five goblins drop to the front and those that come up from the rear meet quick ends with shadowy blades. They spin together as one, cutting down more attackers one after another. Ten seconds Ebrae counts, then twelve, a dancing blur of death the two continue to perform, Sarah isn’t seen, but Ebrae knows she is there dealing killing blows while keeping Ebrae safe as she can. Fifteen, sixteen, then Ebrae heads quickly back to her group, as she counts the final seconds.
    " Mass Fire Flash! ", calls out Crystal with hands raised high.

The words echo throughout the room, then with a large explosion, the room goes up in flames, as Ebrae and Sarah make it back into the protective circle.
    The room calms down from the flames, and all the attacking goblins are a pile of ash. Richard turns to look for Hayden and his people, who have slipped away during the fighting. Richard lets out a few curses aim at Hayden, as Ebrae moves to the now opened metal door. She knows this was the only way they could have gone, as Richard now moves to her side.
    “ Should we follow them? “
    He gives her a roll of the eyes and walks through the doorway, followed by Korneel and the others.
    Henry stops next to Ebrae now, as she has a very concerned look on her face.
    “ What’s wrong “
    she pauses a bit before answering, that warning, all the markings. This isn't good at all. Now looking at Henry, she puts on her best face.
    “ Nothing Henry, let's keep up with the others “, says Ebrae with a fake smile.
    But she knows there is something very bad in here, something that every race posted a warning on the door. She walks through the doorway, with her bow gripped tight in hand, and three arrows at the ready for whatever comes next.

To be continued……………………….

• Options
    So you guys know, I have one more part, then that's it for chapter one. Will I do a chapter two, well depends on you all. If I get about 10 likes, then I will post a new chapter, if not this will be it. thx everyone.
  • Options
    VentharienVentharien Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Awesome story! Thanks for posting it!
  • Options
    Ventharien wrote: »
    Awesome story! Thanks for posting it!

Thx I have one last part of this chapter. Then I will wait and see if I get 10 likes to post the next chapter. :o)
  • Options
    Just tweaked the last part a bit, have a look.
  • Options
    granthorgranthor Member
    edited December 2019
    Elsewhere, Henry slowly moves down a side passage full of dead bodies, with his sword drawn, with the smell of decay in the air. He only givens them a slight look, trying to keep his focus on what’s around him, as the others in his party move up from the rear. The light fades a little, like Crystal, the party mage, cast another light spell to illuminate the area more. The area is more visible now showing off piles of bones of adventurers past.
    “ At least we know what happened to all the others before us. “, says Korneel in a worried tone.
    “ I can see that, and I don’t plan on being one of them, now keep quite. Henry keep moving on, you still have the lead. “, says Richard as he pushes him into a new area.
    The party finds their way to a small hall, full of dead goblin bodies, most look to be fresh kills to Richard. He motions for the other fighters to fan out, while the support people stand ready to the rear. Henry watches Ebrae move over to inspect some of the bodies, as he sees one by him has a melting ice shard stuck in his chest. Henry looks around carefully, as the others slowly make their way around the bodies, and he finds a side passage leading out of the area. He moves to investigate, while the others check around the room for valuables. All they find are old broken weapons and beat up armor.
    “ Well this is a piss poor outing, maybe we should head back. “, says Oliver with disappointment in his voice.
    “ No! There must be a treasure room somewhere close, I can feel it in my bones. “, says Richard while checking walls for hidden switches.
    Henry not caring about what the others are saying, calls for Ebrae, as he finds a switch to open a new doorway leading out. She comes to his side with bow and arrow at the ready, as cold darkness extends out in front of them. They can see nothing in the room, so Henry lights a torch and tosses it into the area. The light of it now reflects off shinny figures on the side.
    “ I think we found something! “, says Ebrae calling out to the others.
    The others rush over to the dimly lit room, as Crystal cast a new light spell, now giving off more light so they can see. In the room are ten very large golden statues, with large brazens in their right hands, they line the walls like pillars looking to be holding up the ceiling with their left hands.
    “ You know for a people that are so small, they always do things in a big way. “, says Richard now looking over the golden statues.
    “ I know what you mean, it’s a shame we can’t get these out of here? “, says Korneel touching one of the toes on the foot of the closest one.
    Before anyone else can reply, the brazens begin to light up one by one, and four hidden large doorways slowly open up. One doorway cold fresh air floods into the hall from the other side, another door more brazens light up within the room showing off sparkling items, another one the smell of moss and water floods in from there, and the last the sounds of battle echo off the walls.
    “ Looks like we have a choice to make. “, says Sarah now walking to the room with shiny things.
    In it, she can see it’s full of treasure, and she calls the others over. Richard and a few others rush over to see, but Henry stands to watch over the doorway with battle cries. Ebrae following Henry’s lead knowing if there is a battle going on somewhere, they better not let their guard down.
    “ do we go and help the other group in there Richard? Sounds like they can use a little aid? “, asks Henry with concern.
    Richard being the leader of the group, now walks over to have a listen to the battle down the dark hall, he hears familiar voices, and frowns.
    “ Don’t worry about them Henry, it’s just Hayden with his group. They can handle themselves lad, have no worries..”, says Richard now patting him on the should.
    Henry watches him return to the others by the treasure room, as he still wonders if he is right about not helping them.
    At that moment the brazens spark and smoke flow from them to the ground. The smoke spins into a large figure, and Crystal seeing this rushes to Henry and Ebrae’s side. With her book in hand, she cast a protection spell, knowing this is a dark enchantment spell and a powerful one at that. She finishes her spell over them, as the figure now shows off red glowing eyes. It looks over the three and then looks at Henry.
    “ Well now Henry, I hope your training pays off, I have such a surprise for you and a final test.”
    “ Who are you, and what do you want? “, asks Henry with his guard up more.
    “ You will see soon enough if you live out the day. “, says the smoky figure as it now zooms down the hall where the battle is going on.
    The hall shacks with the sound of a small boom, then the battle goes quite from the dark doorway. Henry grips his sword tightly, and his heart begins to pound. A voice in his mind tells him to be calm, but this time he can’t fight the feeling off.
    A roar now fills the air, followed by screams of terror, then the sound of many footsteps running their way.
    Ebrae puts a hand on Henry’s shoulder and pulls him back away from the open doorway. They retreat with their guard up with Crystal, as the others now rush to their side.
    “ What the hell is going on in there? “, asks Richard now on edge.
    “ I don’t know, but it’s not good whatever happens, and it’s going this way fast. “, says Henry as fear begins to grow inside him.
    They watch as a group of humans quickly enter the room, a couple them limp in hurt, while supported by the others. Their mage cast an ice wall to seal the doorway, and they all rush over to Richard’s group with frightening looks on their faces.
    “ What the devil is going on down there Hayden? Why are you running away? “, say Richard now taking hold of him to look in his eyes.
    Before he can answer the ice wall crashes in, and the Thunder Goblin falls inside lifeless. Something sent it flying into the area, then all eyes watch as it’s dragged back into the darkness, and the sound of bones being crushed and flesh being torn can be heard from the dark.
    “ I have a bad feeling about this, maybe we should retreat while we can. “, says Oliver as Hayden’s group agrees.
    The doorway with the fresh air coming from it, tells them that’s the way back out of the caves. It must be a faster way back to the surface, but they don’t get the chance to find out.
    As a sparkle from the darkened door gets their attention, then a flash of lightning, and suddenly they are face to face with a bulky soul of flesh and decay. Two flaming eyes stare at the group with a perpetual tension, and another sparkle resonates from its skeletal mouth in furious defiance.
    Two jagged antlers adorn its slim head, which itself is mostly hidden below a hood. The sound of a roaring fire escapes the creature's broad nostrils set within a cadaverous nose.
    Its slim head sits atop a tall, stringy body. Bizarre bulges crawl beneath its skin, suggesting this being's not alone.
    The creature advances toward them, its two legs gracelessly carry its draconian body with restless energy.
    Two modest wings extend themselves fully. Jagged bones and feathers of bone stretch upward as if trying to block them from escape. The monster looks upon them, and a horrible grimace appears on its face. Everyone prepares themselves for what is to come next, as the creature now moves toward them.

To be continued……..

• Options
    granthorgranthor Member
    edited December 2019
    His heart beats hard, as Henry finds himself frozen with fear. The creature lets out a roar, then motions it’s handed to summon out smaller minions from its body. Sweat pours down his forehead to his chin, while he grips his shield and sword harder. As he sees these twisted forms of nightmarish masses rush out to attack everyone. His armor feels like it’s getting tighter around his body, while he watches the others fight for their lives.
    Another pounding of his heart feels like it will bursts through the chest plate, as a voice in his mind tells him to move. He hears it plain as day, but his body doesn’t respond. He watches as Oliver, the spell sword fighter, moves to help one of the other party members from being attacked. While at the same time the other parties' bard is crushed into the ground when he tried to play a spell from his lute. Henry finds himself moving after that, but his body is moving away from the battle. He doesn’t hear the others calling to him, only the voice in his mind now yelling to him. The voice calls to him in a stronger tone now, Henry, as his body now stops where he stands. He wants to fight, but the fear as taken him, as he watches this creature now grabs up a wounded fighter and bites them in half tossing the body parts at the others.
    Screams go up as a mage tries to flee the room, but they meet a quick end by a flood of minions overrunning them. Others from the second party meet a quick end too, leaving only a fighter and knight from the first party. Henry feels his body freeze in place, seeing the death of most of the other group, now his friends are next, and all eyes turn to them.
    All doorways are blocked but one, as Richard calls everyone to leave, but Henry still doesn’t move, as he watches this creature focus on him. His heart pounds louder and louder with each step this dark creature takes toward him, as glowing red eyes seem to pierce his soul. Step after step it moves closer, now Henry feels a tug at his arm, but his eyes are forced on the thing coming for them. He closes his eyes to fight off the fear within him, then he feels a strong knock on the back of his head. It snaps him out of his traces like fear, then he gets another one, this time a little harder. He turns to see Ebrae behind him, now firing off arrows as fast as she can pull them out.
    “ Are you going to just stand there to die, or are you coming with us? “
    He looks at this elf with small ears and a long golden braid over her shoulder, he knows she isn’t a full elf, but still she is of elf kind. Then a voice in his mind said one word, courage, and he feels the fear melt from his body. He turns to face the enemy now, as he feels a strength build up in him.
    “ No, I will not die this day! Or will I let anyone else! “, exclaims Henry now gripping his shield hard.
    He lets out a loud command, Shield wall, then a barrier forms to stop the advance of the creature and it’s minions. He turns to give Ebrae a look of fire in his eyes, and she bows slightly knowing he isn’t backing down. She follows Henry’s lead as he yells out a new battle cry, shield strike, and he rushes with Ebrae. They strikeout with sword and arrows, moving as fast as their feet can take them, striking down as many minions that try to attack them.
    The creature turns its attention to the pair that would dare to challenge it and fires off a dark energy wave from its boney hand to strike them down. The blast quickly flies down to strike the two, as Henry gets his shield up with a command, Shield Deflect, as the force of the wave hits his shield hard. Ebrae pushes her hands into his back to help brace him up, as they both get pushed backward with their feet grinding along the ground.
    The creature grins at the sight of them now striking the wall behind them, and it takes a step toward the pair.
    But from high above a rain a fire comes down, and it consumes all of his remaining minions around it, burning them to ash. The fire does a little damage to the creature too, as it turns to face what sent this rain of death. It sees the others now fanning out to attack, and it lets out a roar to accept the challenge.
    The knight, with all of the fighters left now, have enchanted weapons, thanks to Oliver’s skill, Henry gave him the time to buff their weapons. They rush to strike the creature on different sides, not giving it a chance to focus on just one person, they move with newfound speed.
    Henry, now helping up Ebrae off the floor, wonders how they could have gotten so fast, but he remembers Crystal, the parties mage, has skill in higher tier magic. This must be a spell to buff their speed. He watches as they take deep cuts into the legs of the creature, it swings down to strike one but misses as a new attack swings down from a different angle.
    Henry now feels a wave of healing wash over his body, as he turns to see Sam, Luke, the group healers, along with Sarah, the shadow blade, rush to his side.
    “ Are you two ok? , asks Sam, now putting a blessing on their weapons.
    “ Yes Sam, I am ok, but I think Ebrae took the worst of it when we hit the wall.”
    “ No, I am fine you two, let us just finish this beast before it can regroup. “, says Ebrae now picking up her bow.
    Sam, getting Henry's attention now, begins to speak.
    “ When I was training in your town Ebrae, your doctor showed me many old writings. This creature was there in your old texts, it’s a summoned creature, and it has one weak point. “, says Sam now pointing at the left chest of it.
    Henry can see for a moment there is a glowing gem there like it’s heart, and this must be what Sam is talking about. He also watches as the creature sends off an energy wave from its body, forcing all the fighters into the walls of the hall.
    “ Well if we are going to do this, it must be now! “, exclaims Henry now taking up his sword.
    Ebrae shoots off arrows toward the chest to the creature, cracking open the chest more, exposing the gem from within. Now Henry rushes forward as fast as his feet can take him. While focused on the creature, he feels a tap on his shoulder, then the words shadow dance, as he feels Sarah’s hand moves to join his on the hilt of his blade. Time seems to slow down, as he reaches the creature, it swings down to attack him and Sarah, but Henry takes a jump step to land on its arm, then another step he finds himself moving to the gem.
    A voice in his mind says, flame strike, but he hears Sarah cry out shadow flames. Henry watches as his sword takes on the flames of both yellow and black flames.
    Now within a few inches of the chest of the creature, Henry pulls back his arm, and with Sarah’s added strength then push the sword deep into the gem heart, and as time now moves at a normal speed again it explodes.
    Sarah swings around to hug Henry, as he sidesteps to land of the ground with a flip. He turns back, with Sarah wrapping her legs around his midsection, he watches as the creature explodes into dust. Sarah just hugs him hard now, as she giggles with excitement.
    “ Oh Henry, that was amazing, I am not letting you go, your mine now. That was the best rush I ever felt, you hear me Henry, your mine, together forever! “, says Sarah still hugging him with arms and legs.
    Richard walks up to him with a big smile.
    “ That was good work Henry, I didn’t know you had it in you. Now we can go see what’s in the treasure room.
    Sarah hears the word treasure breaks free from Henry, and rushes into the room, calling out first dibs, followed by Crystal, Oliver, and Korneel the group's other fighter.
    As Sam and Luke walk over, Henry watches as the last two members of the other group argue, and the fighter waves off the knight and leaves. The knight looking unease slowly walks over to Richard, the leader of the group, and gives him a bit small.
    “ Well, it looks like I am part of your group now, old friend. “, said Hayden now putting an arm around Richard.
    Henry remembers the guild laws, no single adventure can calm a group's treasure, unless it’s agreed too by the leader, or they have officially joined that party. Knowing Hayden and Richard, this wasn’t going to be pretty.
    Henry watches the two argue, more like Richard cursing Hayden, and Hayden now trying to express good tidings and smiles. Then Ebrae walks over to gets Henry’s attention, as she pushes his shield and sword into his hands.
    “You're going to need new weapons you know. “
    Henry looks then over and can see his shield has a few holes in it, and his sword is broken in half. He can only laugh at the sight of them both, as he looks up at Ebrae who only gives him a big smile in return.
    “ So, you and Sarah are bonded now I see? “, says Ebrae with a giggle.
    “ Now wait a minute, I never agreed to that with her, she is just excited in the kill is all. “, say Henry now turning red in the face.
    Sarah now rushes from the room, with a huge smile on her face, as she moves to Henry’s side holding a new shield and sword.
    “ Here you go my angle, I made sure I found the best in there, and here they are. A new sword and shield for my new love in life. “, Sarah says with a big smile and a sparkle in her eyes.
    Henry doesn’t want to seem ungrateful and accepts the items from Sarah. She then moves to push close into him, and gives him a big kiss on the lips, then with a few giggles she rushes off again into the treasure room once more.
    Henry shacks his head, knowing he is going to be stuck with her for now, looks over what she handed him.
    He holds a very long, narrow, straight blade made of folded mithril, it is held by an elegant grip wrapped, ruby red snake leather. Dual-edged and razor-sharp this weapon makes for the best choice for those looking for power, versatility and general awesomeness. The blade has a spiked, twisted cross-guard, creating the ideal weight balance to allow for smooth and accurate swings with this blade. The cross-guard has a decorative flame on each side, a unique design for a unique weapon. A small pommel is engraved with the sword maker's symbol, a symbol of true greatness.
    The blade itself is engraved. Several runes are etched into the blade, which is supposed to give the weapon and its owner extra strength. This weapon looks to be made for champions and proven fighters.
    Now he looks over the kite-shield she handled him, made from adamantine, it offers a tough safeguard, especially against slashing and piercing attacks.
    Perfected throughout the ages, as this shield was forged by Dwarves in their great forge. The shield's edges are embellished with a thick metal lining and have been decorated with wing-like metalwork. Its center is decorated with a symbol of rank and emblems of victory. It's clear this shield is naive to the ways of war. Nothing has left its mark yet, who knows if this shield will one day need to prove its worth in battle, but one this is for sure: this shield is ready to prove itself.
    Henry wonders if he should have taken these gifts from Sarah, but he did help to get the treasure, so by all rights, these should be his.
    “ So what will you take for yourself Ebrae? “, ask Henry now looking to his friend.
    “ Not sure right now Henry, I will need to see what’s in there first. “
    The pair start to walk past the still arguing pair of Richard and Hayden when a horn sounds from the mossy doorway. All eyes turn to watch a party of Orcs enters, who look to be lead by a smaller female.
    She wears tightly presses chain mail mixed with padded leather, that rests against a muscular body of greenish skin. Her black hair is tied in a short tail, and she has a pair of short tusks poking out from the corners of her mouth, and she holds an ax-staff type weapon in her hand right hand.
    Henry looks at her carefully, and even by human standards, this female is very beautiful. But he knows she is here for nothing but business, as everyone else comes out of the treasure room.
    Richard stopping his fighting with Hayden turns his attention to the Orcs now. He grips his board sword in hand and looks over the female Orc.
    “ What business do you have here? This is our claim, by right of combat.”
    The female Orc holds up her left hand, then hands her weapon to the closest Orc. It’s a sign to Richard, she is very skilled at fighting, that she doesn’t need her weapon to defend herself. So he hands his weapons off to his friend Korneel, who walked over to his side from the room and goes to meet the Orc halfway.
    Meeting in the center of the room, she looks over Richard, then looks at his group, then the bodies ending with the pile of ash on the floor.
    “ We have come to take our claim of the treasure little man, a claim we had with your guild for many years. Now that the Thunder Goblin and his followers are no more, we have come to take what is ours. “
    “ Now wait a damn minute, you can’t just walk in here after we did all of the fightings, then say you get a claim to what we fought so hard to gain. Piss off with you and your green-blue skinned friends. I am not giving you nothing. “, says Richard now staring her in the eyes.
    Henry can only watch as the two-party leaders now argue back and forth. The Orcs might be powerful people, but they still have their honor and pride. The bond they have with his guild keeps the two sides from warring, but there is nothing in the code about not have contests to see who gains what when it comes to treasure and other riches. From what Richard is saying and his body language, it looks like they will have a new fight on their hands. But a new horn sounds from the far side of the hall, and from it comes out the guild leader with a small army of adventures behind her.
    Richard, seeing his leader, quickly turns to bow to one knee, joined by the others of the party. But Henry finds himself standing tall with Ebrae who holds no loyalty to the guild, and Sarah also stands by his side now. He turns to watch the Orcs now bow their knee, but not to his guild leader, as he watches a larger group of Orcs enter the hall, lead by who he knows as King Rodagog.

End of Chapter One

• Options
    Ok, this is the last part. If you want more, now is the time to speak up. lol
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    its been one hell of a read granthor
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »

Thx my friend. Glad you enjoyed it. I would do the next chapter, but it looks like your the only one reading now lol. I will think long and hard if I will continue this story arc. Thx again.
  • Options
    granthor wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »

Thx my friend. Glad you enjoyed it. I would do the next chapter, but it looks like your the only one reading now lol. I will think long and hard if I will continue this story arc. Thx again.

Oh, I had to fix up that last part a little. Wow, I had a few mistakes HAHA.
  • Options
    VirtekVirtek Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @granthor
    You definitely have others interested in reading your story, like myself.
    I just haven't swung back around in a bit because I get itchy between story posts, hehe. It's...kinda like binging a Netflix series for me. I come back for bursts of reading.
    ^.^

It's been a great story thus far, and I do hope you push for Chapter two!!
  • Options
    Just in case someone new missed this 1st part, I am pushing it up one last time. Thx again.