Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Friday, July 26, 2019 at 11AM PDT

Comments

• Options
    DerRocDerRoc Member
    Balancing Experience for Single Toon Only Players VS Players With Multiple Alts

I enjoy playing a single character and investing all my time into his growth & crafting progression. How do you plan to handle player experience for player that want to have 1 toon/craft vs those with multiple alts for every craft there is? Ex. no limit on crafting skills/bonuses, so the more you progress your character's craft the better items/bonuses you produce compared to others that invest time over multiple areas.
    *Increased bonuses might decrease at higher levels, but would add up over time if a player was dedicated to his/her craft.

SiQ: Can you share anything on how crafting will feel unique?

Thank you for you time,
    Chancellor Diamond of Stormborn (friends call me DerRoc)

SiQ = Sneak in Question
    DRoc_Sig.png
  • Options
    ziltchziltch Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited July 2019
    Will religion be similar to Social Organizations in some ways or will they just be
    "I worship this God" *done*
    Basically, is there anything planned related to Religion as an Organization?

Bonus Q:
    Will there be "positions" in religions like with Nodes and Mayors?
    Like "Pope" or "Apostle"?
    The simplest yet hardest stat to train is Willpower.
  • Options
    SoulsOnFireSoulsOnFire Member, Settler, Kickstarter
    edited July 2019
    At what point do you expect to create the other classes / sub classes?
    Is it during APOC testing or closer towards specific MMO alpha / beta tests?

Thank you!
    Tq3LCNj.png
  • Options
    luffy94 wrote: »
    Will there be instanced raids and what group sizes will they be? Will they be a big part of the endgame?

Here's a link to everything we know about raids:

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Raids
    Forgive and you will free yourself. Peace be with you all.
  • Options
    enthar111 wrote: »
    Regarding cosmetics in the MMO, will we have a wardrobe system similar to Guild Wars 2 where we can freely apply equipment skins our account has unlocked? Or will they be one-time use (or be similarly limited)?

As far as I am concerned, there will be a 'Wardrobe System' for all your skins.
  • Options
    arodicus wrote: »
    Will the world map be global? Meaning if I walk west will I eventually get back to where I was? Or will there be invisible walls or unscaleable mountains at the edges of the map?

Good question, however, I doubt it would be global as that would limit the possibilities for the world's expansion but maybe they'll have a way around it? Let us see...
  • Options
    khiro wrote: »
    Are you planning on having a game related app for phone or/and tablet?

Here is everything we know:

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Mobile/web_interface
  • Options
    synimatic wrote: »
    I've been told about the marriage system and me and my wife are excited. But with most games marriage is nothing special and just gives you a title. Will there be actual special things that a married couple can do? Like perhaps live in the same house and co-own said house?

Here's a link to all we know about the marriage system so far:

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Marriage
  • Options
    Two short questions about Ship Building:
    If my favoritist ship is lost due to PvP or PvE is it gone forever?
    Will high end Ship Building require the same effort as other professions or much more due to the size of ships?

This link might help:

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Ships
  • Options
    GeneralCatGeneralCat Member
    edited July 2019
    1.Are there astrological phenomenon that actively effect the world, or reflect actions in the world?

Ex1) Meteor showers destroying cities.
    Ex2) A dragon has awoken, and a star changes color to signal it.

2.What will the rating for the game be, and will there be tasteful nudity?

I noticed an ARTISTIC painting hanging on the wall (left side of the door) in one of your walk throughs.
    youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2452&v=KCr9yh2Y97I
  • Options
    Pelman wrote: »
    Will there be katanas?

yes
    and similar samurai looking armor sets and etc
  • Options
    mozsta69 wrote: »
    Hi Margaret and team;

In regards to Node game play. The Mayor has been mentioned. Is there any other prominent positions under the mayor that have different game play mechanics available to them? in regards to running the town.
    Or is it simply the Mayor and everyone else is a civilian of that node?

Thank you.

actually what a wonderful question!
    can there be other office positions like advisor or jailer or judge or treasurer and so on....?
    i would love to be an advisor to an elven community o :)B)
  • Options
    iliya wrote: »
    Most likely Kaelar and Empyrean will be the significant majority of the player races while only a small percentage of players will play dwarves and orcs. I say this based on surveys and data from other MMOs with similar races.

Are you worried that the uneven distribution will cause trouble for the balance of Ashes of creation? What about the aesthetics since most cities will have Kaelar and Empyrean architecture and rarely dwarven ones for example?

I'm worried there won't be enough fully developed elven cultures in the world
    who cares about others :D:#
  • Options
    sp0 wrote: »
    Hello, I have a simple question i hope will be answered and that is

1.) Are Straw Hats in the game?

they work hard on customization
    so you can bet on something like that being there
  • Options
    devincook2 wrote: »
    What are some of the weapon types we can find in the game? Will there be exotic weapons such as glaives, tomes, spears, whips, scythes?

hmmmm
    so far we have confirmation that gms are wielding a weapon of mass destruction in the shape of sandal, which can come down from the heavens to crush the unworthy

would be nice if we had unique weapons and items to be made into an image item and then used as the image for the real weapon (like in archeage or many other mmos) we had tuna club , broken bottle, broom, candy and so on...
  • Options
    HeartbeatHeartbeat Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited July 2019
    Revamped my questions after some PMs with another helpful member.

Will there be anymore full-loot systems that allow all gear currently equipped to be dropped on death outside of the corruption system? Maybe in certain parts of the world, for example, runescape wilderness, high risk areas with high incentive to go there.

Here's a simple one but could change the look of the game drastically, would you rather see players level up through PvE by killing thousand upon thousand of mobs(massive mob density), or level up through killing lower number of mobs that offer large amounts of exp(bosses included)? World bosses outside of raids that wander around would be even more interesting with this.

In regards to surveying and gathering information from players, there's no doubt that you will have a system in place to see numbers and statistics on your end. But for further information, such as maybe just the opinion of players, would you be willing to enable an in-game pop-up that pops up upon logging into the game and asks the player some questions relating to w/e it is that devs want more info on that they cant really gather just by looking at numbers on a screen. This is critical for player to dev interaction as only a smaller fraction of communities will be active on forums. If not a pop-up, maybe an npc in hub cities that offer a small reward in exchange for the players time.
  • Options
    sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Will the Mayoral Caravan system be a stand alone game like Apocalypse and will it have a name? It reminds me of Overwatch.
    fNX2ISa.png

• Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    blighted wrote: »
    Wall of text, I didn't read through the thread so hopefully i'm not sounding like a broken record. If someone else already asked this then it goes to show it's probably an important topic.

There has been mentions of open world pvp being enabled through a flagging system, will there be systems on both sides to ensure risk vs reward? It wouldn't make sense to create a system where the victim suffers no penalty whatsoever where the killer will only suffer through the mentioned corruption system over time. The killer should at least be benefited in some way even if minuscule to ensure OWpvp doesn't die out.

As for PVP, there was also mentions of certain areas where PVP will ALWAYS be enabled, much like the runescape wilderness. Was it said before that these areas will be dynamic and always changing in location? That would really spice it up but again it would be nice to see risk vs reward introduced, will there be a partial loot system or even a full loot system? This could encourage more people to get into pvp as it would be exciting to compete against other players for loot, or even put mobs specific to these zones in there who have rare drops, risk vs reward, don't bring what you're not prepared to lose. This would even further encourage even entire guilds to flock to these areas in attempt to lock them down and bring fierce competition.

upgrading gear. Will we see a mixture of linear upgrading paths mixed with RNG upgrading? For example, you can obtain the best weapon, and upgrade it to its highest level with 100% chance but can be further enhanced through other methods that are RNG related that offer more stats but in smaller levels to encourage min to max players to strive for something even further. When something is too reliant on RNG it no longer feels rewarding when you've put in hours upon hours of effort only to fail every time whereas someone can one click succeed.

Here's a simple one but could change the look of the game drastically, would you rather see players level up through PvE by killing thousand upon thousand of mobs(massive mob density), or level up through killing lower number of mobs that offer large amounts of exp(bosses included)? World bosses outside of raids that wander around would be even more interesting with this.

In regards to surveying and gathering information from players, there's no doubt that you will have a system in place to see numbers and statistics on your end. But for further information, such as maybe just the opinion of players, would you be willing to enable an in-game pop-up that pops up upon logging into the game and asks the player some questions relating to w/e it is that devs want more info on that they cant really gather just by looking at numbers on a screen. This is critical for player to dev interaction as only a smaller fraction of communities will be active on forums. If not a pop-up, maybe an npc in hub cities that offer a small reward in exchange for the players time.

TL;DR
    risk vs reward should definitely be present
    there should be incentive to participate in pvp zones and other content in general
    Too much RNG is bad but a little bit can be completely and totally necessary
    mob density
    player feedback is important but only in large quantities and not all suggestions/feedback should be taken to heart as there's a lot of stupid people out there that only want the game molded in their vision.

Yes, both side of open world PvP have risk vs reward
    Yes there is incentives to participate
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    Will players be able to play the game primarily through sailing ships and ship combat, or in other words, just how in depth will naval warfare and trade be?
  • Options
    wolfiemcgeewolfiemcgee Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm Confused just asking to clarify, Are Nodes Set as in world with Mayors able to influence - or can a Mayor Change a node form one to another over time?
  • Options
    AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm Confused just asking to clarify, Are Nodes Set as in world with Mayors able to influence - or can a Mayor Change a node form one to another over time?
    The node types are static, there is no way to influence what type a node will be. Player have to find the node of the type they want and contribute to it's development through their actions in the nodes zone of influence.
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    sivannasivanna Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    Do mounts and pets level up? If so how is it done?
  • Options
    jointjoint Member, Intrepid Pack
    Will you be able to see other players' levels and equipment characteristics?
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    [Question] - We've been told that a group of Summoners can work together to Summon a Golem. Will a Golem that is Summoned by 8 Conjurers (Summoner/Summoner) be functionally different from a Golem summoned by 8 Necromancers (Summoner/Cleric). Will the sub-classes of Summoner make difference with regard to what the group can Summon? Would 7 Shadow Lords (Rogue/Summoner) be able to participate in a group Summons with 1 Necromancer?

[Question] - We've been told that a Master Gatherer would be needed to spoil the best resources from a world boss, like the Winter Dragon. Will there be group abilities available for Crafters in the midst of that final boss battle similar to the Summoner group summons? Will there be Crafter objectives to complete in the raid area similar to crafting siege engines in a raid? Might Master Smiths be crafting gear in the raid area from the mini-boss drops that will help defeat the final boss? Will the Crafters be doing their crafting safely outside of the lair? Or will that Master Gatherer also need to be a max level Adventurer?
  • Options
    griffithgriffith Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will there be an option to "end them rightly" in duels?
  • Options
    paradaxparadax Member
    edited July 2019
    Racial question, could you tell us how race will affect classes other than just stats. will ability's change due to race or just the look and feel of ability's? eg would an elf fighter be faster than its dwarven counter part , but the dwarf would hit harder, or just different animations.

I know there will be "Racial Augments" but will this be cosmetic only or affect how ability s work. if so another 64 classes per playable race, sounds good..
  • Options
    Will AOC be hosted on one mega server like ESO? Or will there be different servers like pvp, pve, etc. If there is plans for multiple servers. How will that affect Node progression on a server if the server is dead and no one plays it? And due to no one playing on the server. Everyone else will migrate to the highest or 2nd highest pop server. I see this in too many current MMO's where most players play on the top 5 pop servers, and the rest of them are dead in the water.

Thank you for the response if you decided to :D
  • Options
    azurlazurl Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Can you make it possible in the future to export our character models so we can 3d print our characters? :) maybe make certain buildings and such available aswell for tabletop usage?