NPC vendors

2»

Comments

• neuroguy wrote: »
    Also, your analogy about the wheels isn't a fair one because the 4 wheel design of cars is already complete meaning it doesn't need any sort alteration in order to meet it's purpose (you could say it's perfect as it is) . Whereas, when you look at MMORPG economies, we all know it's never been perfected and maybe that's because they've never tried to adapt to these types of changes.

Just because the majority do something a certain way (which seems to be working), doesn't mean you have to follow their every step. You've got to stand out one way or another right? Ford cars don't have the same designs as Audi's do they? Main point here is we shouldn't be afraid to make leaps.

Although I agree with your points, I don't see the manufacturing of currency as a solution to any particular broken component of the economy. What you propose is changing the actual exchange medium of the economy which, yeah will change the economy in some way but it's unclear and untargeted. I think if you have a particular problem about MMORPG economies in mind, identify it explicitly then try to resolve it. If changing the medium of exchange will resolve it great, but perhaps there are other ways to resolve it that may not have as many unpredictable consequences as well.

Throwing my hat in the analogy game: it's kind of like changing the manufacturing of the car to use copper instead of steel, it might resolve some original issue you had with the car but it's also super hard to predict what else it will do so maybe it's not the "best" solution for the problem originally. Analogies are fun haha :D.

I never mentioned that there was any particular broken component in the economy that needs fixing. I said it's never been perfected so it can be better but yes you're right, it is obviously unclear but that's because it's never been done before but what is to stop game developers to actually test out the concept and see where it leads? It's not asking for much either in terms of resources I don't think though I could be wrong (not an expert).
    Forgive and you will free yourself. Peace be with you all.