Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Intrepid it's time for some damage control

13»

Comments

• GubstepGubstep Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Honestly I hope that posting to IGN and Steam has been a wake up call for them. It's easy to keep bouncing off in the echo chamber that is the ashes subreddit and discord with people defending your product all the time.

However, your fans will always have an open mind and be receptive, understanding it's a work in progress because they've been following development since 2017.

Showing this to someone who has 0 idea of what to expect from Ashes of Creation was and still is a horrible idea. Intrepid took the absolute wrong approach for a "surprise" for gamescom. You could've used all of those assets in an actual GAMEPLAY video with combat, just showcasing the various monsters in environments and dropping giant ass fireballs out of the sky on them.

Instead they decided to make this half-baked cinematic trailer with a bunch of WIP assets and first pass animations. Which is not what they should show to new people. Companies showcase their most impressive feats and that's the assumption with this latest trailer. That THIS, these WIP assets and animations, are your most impressive feats you've achieved in the past 2-3 years of development.

I know that almost all of the assets showcased are new assets that were made in the last few months, because I watch the livestreams and follow development closely. The average IGN watcher? Not so much.
    Software Engineer
    Addon Developer
    OG Backer
  • ANTAGON1STANTAGON1ST Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2019
    @Wandering Mist Well written, I agree with most points. Hopefully the community's responses will be noticed and taken into consideration moving into upcoming alpha / beta tests or AT LEAST nearing lauch.

idyHUl8.gif
    There is no destination, the journey is all we have~
  • leameseleamese Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Wandering Mist you make some really valid points. I totally missed the IGN teaser.. i could cry now. Indeed bad PR. I hope @Steven Sharif takes notice