Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

TideBreaker

T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
This snippit was a little concerning for me:
"Their dense muscle is more than capable of supporting a rider, though they will make no small hassle if they are bereft of food, squeaking and chirping incessantly until their needs are met."
Does this mean we have to feed this or any other mount to keep them working?

eZC6mjP.gif
Formerly T-Elf

Comments

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Truthfully? I would be okay with that, it remind me of WoW Vanilla Hunter pets.
    If you feed them, then they can reach 110% efficiency, if you give them the bare minimum then 100%, if you forget to feed them then only 75% or they refuse to let you mount until you give it enough food.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It sounds like fluff to me but i'm not apposed to some kind of mount upkeep.
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Reminds me too much - was it BDO - where you had to feed the animals or they didn't work for you. Just a hassle IMO, and I thought way back Steven had said they weren't going to have that mechanic. (Yes, I know things change) sigh*
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This is why undead pets are the best!
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
    Nagash wrote: »

If normal mounts will require food, then undead mounts will require something like soul essence or mana regurarly.
    a6XEiIf.gif
    Damokles wrote: »

If normal mounts will require food, then undead mounts will require something like soul essence or mana regurarly.

pffff if it dies I will just make a new one ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace

You would have to be an animal breeder professionally....
    OH.
    MY.
    GOD!
    THATS IT!
    NAGASH, you have to become an animal breeder and start making little skelleton pets and mounts!
    a6XEiIf.gif

OH.
    MY.
    GOD!
    THATS IT!
    NAGASH, you have to become an animal breeder and start making little skelleton pets and mounts!

like this?

UP9DCob.png
    nJ0vUSm.gif

OH.
    MY.
    GOD!
    THATS IT!

like this?

UP9DCob.png

No, more like Ainz Ool Gown, from Overlord and his breeding programm! ;)
    a6XEiIf.gif

OH.
    MY.
    GOD!
    THATS IT!

like this?

UP9DCob.png

oh but im not a demon ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

OH.
    MY.
    GOD!
    THATS IT!

like this?

UP9DCob.png

oh but im not a demon ^^

Ainz was not a demon as well. :)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One

OH.
    MY.
    GOD!
    THATS IT!

like this?

UP9DCob.png

I thought that was Demiurge's thing?

OH.
    MY.
    GOD!
    THATS IT!

like this?

UP9DCob.png

But wasnt that only with Ainzes permission? I stopped reading the novel after some time and that is already some time in the past. XD
    a6XEiIf.gif

OH.
    MY.
    GOD!
    THATS IT!

like this?

UP9DCob.png

But wasnt that only with Ainzes permission? I stopped reading the novel after some time and that is already some time in the past. XD

in the books its hinted that hes using humans but ainzes is thinking its just animals s
    nJ0vUSm.gif

OH.
    MY.
    GOD!
    THATS IT!

like this?

UP9DCob.png

in the books its hinted that hes using humans but ainzes is thinking its just animals s

Oh well, potato potahto
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Necros should be able to craft mounts from the corpses of the dead.. and/or... if they can raise the dead as minions.. The minion should look like the corpse in which was raised.. that would be awesome.
    Shoklen wrote: »
    Necros should be able to craft mounts from the corpses of the dead.. and/or... if they can raise the dead as minions.. The minion should look like the corpse in which was raised.. that would be awesome.

Indeed but I doubt we will ever see that in-game
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I liked in the Castlevania series on Netflix, where undead were forged like steel from corpses using a magic hammer.

Hhak63P.png
    Atama wrote: »
    I liked in the Castlevania series on Netflix, where undead were forged like steel from corpses using a magic hammer.

thats what the new bone reapers are in age of sigmar ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• HartwellHartwell Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I wouldn't mind if pets had some kind of upkeep. Farmers would get a huge boon if they could make things for mounts, but it should probably be treated more like a bonus buff. Having pets run away or go on strike is a nuisance.
  • AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I also believe upkeep should be a thing, but it should be minimal.
    As for that coming down to a bonus buff, I am not sure I would agree. I am against most 'bonus buffs' though.
    Perhaps they could change colors to look sickly?
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • What about a horse? Should it be enough to ride past the pond and leave ur horse eating fresh plants tö keep it fed?
    Kill a boar on the way back to keep ur lion happy, or let the lion roam and hunt his own food while ure grinding wood?
    "You're seeking for perfection, but your disillusions are leading to destruction.
    You're bleeding for salvation, but you can't see that you are the damnation itself." -Norther
    What about a horse? Should it be enough to ride past the pond and leave ur horse eating fresh plants tö keep it fed?
    Kill a boar on the way back to keep ur lion happy, or let the lion roam and hunt his own food while ure grinding wood?

I would think that they will require you to provide some kind of special feed, if at all. Monsters will most of the time drop normal materials, so i would think that the boar idea could work, and if you can harvest something on the way i am shure you could feed your horse. It would be interesting, if cooks and animal husbandry professions can provide better food for mounts that give special buffs or something.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2019
    The games I've played where you had to feed mounts/pets required "cooked" food. I really hope we don't have to do that. There is so much complexity planned into the game, that after a while it will be overwhelming.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

T Elf wrote: »
    The games I've played where you had to feed mounts/pets required "cooked" food. I really hope we don't have to do that. There is so much complexity planned into the game, that after a while it will be overwhelming.

its going to be odd feeding a skeleton mount
    nJ0vUSm.gif

Like i always say: undead mounts should require soulstones. Those should either have a high cost or should be complicated to be produced. They should in turn have "endless" stamina and slow to medium speed. ;)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • whitedude31whitedude31 Member, Founder, Kickstarter

Like i always say: undead mounts should require soulstones. Those should either have a high cost or should be complicated to be produced. They should in turn have "endless" stamina and slow to medium speed. ;)

Nah, no need for complication, just go the skyrim route and make sure you have one in your inventory when you slit someone's throat in their sleep or rip out their spine on a battlefield :smiley:
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Feed it marrow.

Hhak63P.png

Feed it marrow.

Just pour some milk on it ;)
    a6XEiIf.gif

Feed it marrow.

Just pour some milk on it ;)

That could work
    nJ0vUSm.gif