Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Apocalypse Installer corrupted - won't download correctly

EvilPeppardEvilPeppard Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Good afternoon folks,

I have been trying to download Apocalypse for the last two days from https://ashesofcreation.com/apocalypse. The download file states it will be a 1.9GB download, but the file that gets downloaded is never 1.9GB, and the installer fails to run stating 'the archive is corrupted'.

I have tried re-downloading several times, both on my machine and my wife's, with the same result. The installer never downloads the full 1.9GB, but does download at varying sizes; anywhere from 500MB to 1GB. The download always says 'successful' and allows me to run the install, but every time the install fails with the 'the archive is corrupted' message.

Anyone else notice this behavior? Any workaround, or is the install package on https://ashesofcreation.com/apocalypse truly messed up?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Comments

• Options
    EvilPeppardEvilPeppard Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    After some trouble shooting, and working with a couple folks on the AoC Discord (Thank you '[CM] Shaze | The Ashes Post' and 'minecrafter338') I found the issue. I am running a security software package called 'AdGuard Premium'. Apparently that was disrupting my download somehow. After I disabled AdGuard Premium, the download on both my machine, and my wife's, completed successfully, and we were able to install Apocalypse.

I also run MalwareBytes Pro, and Acronis True Image 2020 with Active Protection enabled on both computers, along with AdGuard Premium. By process of elimination, I disabled Windows Defender, MalwareBytes Pro, and Acronis Active Protection one at a time, and my downloads all failed to complete successfully. Once I disabled AdGuard Premium, the full 1.9GB download completed without issue on both computers.

Hope this info helps others who may run into a similar issue.
  • Options
    ShazeShaze Member, Phoenix Initiative, Explorer, Alpha One
    Glad you were able to figure your issue out!