Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Friday, September 27, 2019 at 11AM PDT

Comments

• Options
    Idhalar AlBaieshIdhalar AlBaiesh Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    -We already know about utility skills and have seen things like polymorph on apoc. Can you give us any example of what variety of out of combat skills and mechanics can we expect from the different classes?
    Most MMOs focus too much on combat skills and it's a shame. Most if not all classes should have plenty of uses outside of combat.
    Only in silence the word, Only in dark the light, Only in dying life.
  • Options
    LifetreeLifetree Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Do we have rare and unique monsters that drops special items?
  • Options
    I like it when stats aren’t overly-complicated. How many stat attributes can we expect in the MMORPG. e.g. a simple layout like physical\magical attack, crit\block\evasion chance, armor etc. or something more complicated that may require spreadsheets?
  • Options
    Thanks for all your Q&A's!
    Do you have plans to do anything different with random world mob AI (such as eat/sleep cycles, mob migration, fleeing mechanics, world mobs *not trigger spawned* used for city attacks, ect.)?
  • Options
    Ashes of Creation seems to have a lot of complex systems for users to interact with, city management/caravan systems/home building/in-depth crafting etc. Do you plan to have any kind of tutorial systems in place to teach users how to use these systems properly?
    "What is the most important step that a man can take?"
    "The next one."
  • Options
    YeOldeSmithYeOldeSmith Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited September 2019
    How far into development, specifically, are the other racial skeletons e.g. Dwarves, Elves, Orcs and Tulnar, and when can we expect a 3D model look at the assets?
    Something need doing?
    vBOHmDw.png

• Options
    ilisfetilisfet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will there be advantages to wielding a one-hander or hand-and-a-half weapon by itself instead of with a shield or off-hand weapon?
  • Options
    What sort of elements can we expect to see for the Mage class? Ex. Dark Magic, Fire Magic, Space Magic, etc? How many will there be as well?
  • Options
    melitemelite Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    To what extent can we expect combat to change when moving away from the BR, for example when I move my character around I use my right/left mouse buttons. This is not possible in the BR as of right now as you have assigned skilled to the buttons. Is this going to be changing and is it accounted for in your testing of combat?
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Is there gender locking on cosmetics and costumes? Can my burly orc male wear the wedding dress I bought without it changing into a tuxedo automatically?
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    FlynnStoneFlynnStone Member
    edited September 2019
    How mechanically challenging do you want enemy mobs to be (including bosses)?

Do you plan to have guard act differently against boss/massive creatures? I feel like it wouldn't make sense to negate damage against something 20x your size without either being flung backward and stunned or damaged regardless.

Also, are there going to be certain classes that can guard against magic, or will this be done through specific class spells? I imagine having to time your spell-guard could be an interesting mechanic for those classes that's a bit unique and powerful.
  • Options
    As a completely separate question: How do you plan to implement dual-wielding into both the regular attack/combo system and into abilities for different classes?

Is it going to be like completely unique combos depending on the weapon choices, or will it really just be twice as fast as a one-handed weapon?

I just want to avoid a situation like Guild Wars 2, where your off-hand weapon really isn't used at all except for a few abilities.
  • Options
    Are pets tameable in the wild and breedable like mounts?
  • Options
    rvaladezxiiirvaladezxiii Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Is crafting going to have a labor system such as how it is in Archeage? As someone who loves hard core crafting and gathering, I really hate how I am limited in something that I really enjoy doing with time resources caps and slow regeneration. Also how extensive will crafting be? Like will it just require you to have the materials and appropriate gear and stats or will it be intensive and kind of like a mini game to craft?
  • Options
    Is there going to be a Talent tree to spend points on when you level or a system similar to it?
  • Options
    nightragnernightragner Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I know my questions are often extreme but someone has to be.....
    Once we get access to the class / combo system if the player base dislike it unanimously is there a plan B for the class / combo system? also are we getting written class blogs anytime soon or is that another 6 months?
  • Options
    RavudhaRavudha Member
    edited September 2019
    To make towns really feel alive do you plan for them to have many NPCs in the streets, walking around, and going about their day? On a scale of Archeage (dead towns) to Black Desert (bustling towns) what are you aiming for?
  • Options
    leameseleamese Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2019
    I would find it hilarious if there is a mob in the game who is virtually unkillable. Blocks/reflects 99% damage. I don't expect a huge rewards for this, it would just be funny :p lika a grasshopper or something. And then hundreds of ppl come together and kill it!
  • Options
    kyrakukyraku Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    In the main game will we be able to customise the UI?
    Resize buttons, reposition different windows, Combat damage / healing, show/ hide buffs and debuffs etc?

Kinda like ElvUi for WoW.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    kyraku wrote: »
    In the main game will we be able to customise the UI?
    Resize buttons, reposition different windows, Combat damage / healing, show/ hide buffs and debuffs etc?

Kinda like ElvUi for WoW.

They already said that this will be a feature.

Ashesofcreation.wiki/UI
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Can we expect the summoner class to tame monsters or wildlife with another class augment or just traditional summons >?

ps Keep up the great work and hope to see some summoner concept art!
  • Options
    Hi, when can we expect news about the last two node typs? and about the other classes and of their planned skills to get a feeling of how they are supposed to fit in the world?
    thx
  • Options
    In terms of divine nodes and god to player relations- What is the biggest benefit of investing time in demonic or divine gods?
  • Options
    Can we expect constant fixes, updates, and additions for APOC, especially for castle siege after its release?
  • Options
    Will Ashes of Creation be a good game for people that are new to the MMORPG genre? For example will there be 'helpers' explaining things in all stages of character development other than the tutorial?
  • Options
    ashoneashone Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Has the (so far) successful launch of WoW Classic had any impact on the developer discussion groups?
  • Options
    CaelronCaelron Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Since magic is a key component to any High Fantasy world, will there also be skills meant to specifically counter magic?

I'm more thinking of a non-magic-using fighter who specializes in fighting casters (like in D&D getting close enough to a caster casting a spell provokes attack-of-opportunity, has natural boosts to "saves" or resistance against spells, or items/materials that bypass/negate magic); but, can also mean other mages specifically built to fight other mages and anything in between.
  • Options
    BeorBeor Member, Explorer, Kickstarter
    Is there going to be special kind of mobs/bosses who rarely drops their heads, wings etc which you can mount on the walls in your house/freehold?
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    At least in the mmo, will different weapons of the same type (i.e greatswords) have different attack/swing speeds?
  • Options
    DoomfettDoomfett Member
    edited September 2019
    Hi Ash!!! Question Will there be a class/spec that is purely debuffing someone into the ground and buffing others, and if so will classes/specs like this or ( support classes) take much longer to Lv up due to lack of damage? You guys stay great!