Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

A Guild Leader's Compact on Evasion

2»

Comments

• Options
    While I think the spying can and should be part of the game I also think everything must have a balance and/or countermeasures, just like the guild system itself with the information we all already know, that smaller guilds will have traits to be at the same level of a guild with more members, but as far as I can see these issues are going to be in the players and community hands, the idea of a "non spying pact" between guilds is laudable but meaningless if the ones who agreed to the terms don't have a deterrent or see any consequences for their actions, good and bad, the most efficient way to do this is by power, you and your allies must become a recognized force in the realm, i know this sound kind of cheesy, and maybe it is, but it could add an extraordinary immerse gameplay experience, I already told @Makinoji that I like the idea he has for his own guild, and that maybe in the future we can discuss an alliance once I have my own group, maybe you @skafftaruss and your mates could consider joining us and see what we can achieve all together :#
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    In the same vein as above - I didn't note any countermeasure ideas

You think people are going to publicize what they plan to do as countermeasures to subterfuge in game?

The second you tell others what countermeasures you have in place, those countermeasures become totally pointless.

Rest assured though, I have countermeasures in mind for my guild (and counter-countermeasures, or is it countermeasure-counters?).
  • Options
    AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Lumbermark, I think you are on to the best approach.
    We have been told guilds will gain perks/boons/whatever as they level. These allow smaller guilds to choose options to keep them on par with guilds that choose for a member max increase.

There might be a progression-line that adds countermeasures to spying. If breaking the guild charter by spying on the guild (who knows how that would be registered) actually had character consequences from the game, @skafftaruss could build a small guild focused on not being spied on.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    wolfwood82 wrote: »
    Honestly, in espionage, this little compact of yours is just a collection of incredibly vulnerable guilds. The best countermeasure to spy networks is to have a spy network that weeds it's way into the spy networks of other guilds. Knowing who has what spies and in what guilds gives you tremendous power. Or simply having a spy network that can inform you of whether or not opposing guilds are informed of your movements.
    I suggest the guilds in this compact formalize, and a name for this multi-guild organization could be the Noble Alliance Independent of Verified Espionage.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Atama wrote: »
    wolfwood82 wrote: »
    Honestly, in espionage, this little compact of yours is just a collection of incredibly vulnerable guilds. The best countermeasure to spy networks is to have a spy network that weeds it's way into the spy networks of other guilds. Knowing who has what spies and in what guilds gives you tremendous power. Or simply having a spy network that can inform you of whether or not opposing guilds are informed of your movements.
    I suggest the guilds in this compact formalize, and a name for this multi-guild organization could be the Noble Alliance Independent of Verified Espionage.

Well played
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    My friends and frenemies: I see a rift growing between the circling wagons of the ‘white knights’ and the rest of the general community (not that I speak for others). In my little association, I lost 8 prospects on discord that disappeared, some from piking. In 2 cases, I was DMd that they felt uncomfortable about comments about the association and me. A house divided cannot stand. In my opinion, this is a PVP game fraught with perils using the practice of a ‘self-cleaning oven’ concept without reflection. Best ....

Yummy word salad
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    Karthos wrote: »
    My friends and frenemies: I see a rift growing between the circling wagons of the ‘white knights’ and the rest of the general community (not that I speak for others). In my little association, I lost 8 prospects on discord that disappeared, some from piking. In 2 cases, I was DMd that they felt uncomfortable about comments about the association and me. A house divided cannot stand. In my opinion, this is a PVP game fraught with perils using the practice of a ‘self-cleaning oven’ concept without reflection. Best ....

Yummy word salad
    Good so I’m not the only person who couldn’t parse that.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Caeryl wrote: »
    Caeryl wrote: »
    I want to sign the compact of spying and subterfuge. It sounds much more entertaining
    Make sure you sign with a fake name.

If every signature isn’t edgy to the max then the compact automatically fails

xXxSh4d0wSt4lkerZ88xXx
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Short question, asking for a friend:
    What is piking? XD

The biggest problem for this association is that you went and put it out into the open.
    If you want to start a grassroots movement, then you have to start out in the dark, slithering up on eventual people to join you. And then... when you have a steady posse, that would break bones and bath in blood for you, then you can start spreading your propaganda and killing off your political adversaries.
    Thats the way how Voldemort did it at least (he had mindcontroll on his side though)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »
    Thats the way how Voldemort did it at least (he had mindcontroll on his side though)
    As in, control of his own mind?

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »
    As in, control of his own mind?

Well i meant Imperio, you know the spell that lets him controll his opponents...
    But yes, he had also controll over his own mind. ;)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @skafftaruss your definition of White Knight and mine are very different. Unless you mean White Knights that are pledged to IS? However, just because people like IS and want to like Ashes that doesn't somehow make them devoted to the cause.

A common argument on the threads is "...you agree with IS so you are just hyped and believe every thing they say..."
    Don't be like everyone else, be original.

Also, don't label yourself Rebel Scum. You are, by no means, that I can tell from the other side of your post a "rebel."

Rebels break norms and push boundaries. You generally ask questions that are disliked by the majority and then back out. Very different.

I feel Rebel Scum would be like

"...f* the masses! I'm making an allegiance, and some cool level headed m*f*ers will join it! Then we will strike down spies with great vengeance and they will feel our wrath!"

So... step up your Rebel game..?
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin