Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Battle Royale games suck

I personally DETEST Battle Royale games. I paid into the crowdfunding campaign for a MMORPG not some lame Royale, bullshit!! Guess I'll go back to something else while I'm waiting for the REAL game.

Comments

• Options
    AshesCreationAshesCreation Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Careful what you say, they ban for almost anything
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Why are you angry?
    The game wont come out anytime soon, why do you have s problem with people accessing a test field to give feedback?
  • Options
    i'm like pgwall. Battle royale games are seriously overrated. don't see how a BR test could help out a mmorpg scenario game except for the pvp side. BR is just a cosmetic short-lived ride that really does nothing. And again, i'll be waiting for a real beta test of the mmorpg or the actual release, not an overly used washed up game mode.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    snerps777 wrote: »
    i'm like pgwall. Battle royale games are seriously overrated. don't see how a BR test could help out a mmorpg scenario game except for the pvp side. BR is just a cosmetic short-lived ride that really does nothing. And again, i'll be waiting for a real beta test of the mmorpg or the actual release, not an overly used washed up game mode.

I agree but it's not like the actually date of the A1 came and IS through BR at us laughing. If that happened I'd be upset as well.
  • Options
    YohoYoho Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    pgwall wrote: »
    Nobody tells me what to do; no not me...
    Nobody tells me what to say, can't you see...

I've got a dream I'm gonna make it,
    If there's a chance I'm gonna take it.
  • Options
    Idhalar AlBaieshIdhalar AlBaiesh Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    -If you can't stand it don't play it, it's perfectly fine, come back once an apoc phase you can enjoy is up or wait for the mmo, you'll only miss some cosmetics and embers.
    Only in silence the word, Only in dark the light, Only in dying life.
  • Options
    StarStar Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You knew in advance this BR was coming out. Just wait a little longer for their next content update about siege/mmo.
  • Options
    sry but for me... after 3 try's ... this game is total garbage! DOT
  • Options
    snups wrote: »
    sry but for me... after 3 try's ... this game is total garbage! DOT

and ya ban me :)
  • Options
    I installed Apocolypse, played for a couple of hours and realized that the game has nothing for me. Thought I'd give it another try and could not get game to start on the second time around. Didn't feel like going through 2 or 3 hours install and update for a game that seems to have nothing to offer. I went ahead and uninstalled and won't mess with this product again. There are already 10000 PVP games out there. Can't someone make another good true mmorpg? Role play and character development are fun. Killing other players (PVP) is not fun.
  • Options
    CainCain Member
    edited September 2019
    Which part of "battle royale" confused you? Also the MMO is going to be a PvX game. meaning that pve and pvp are blended together for the overall game experience some features are only pve some are only pvp some combine the 2. Its best to do your homework before passive-aggressively shit talk an alpha test enviorment.
  • Options
    BCGBCG Member, Intrepid Pack
    And at this moment the world knew, that this was the start of the great Fanboy wars of 2020.
  • Options
    I tried, honestly tried to play this. I could not stand even an hour. Well, why did they choose the BR for testing?
  • Options
    VentharienVentharien Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    arzlom wrote: »
    I tried, honestly tried to play this. I could not stand even an hour. Well, why did they choose the BR for testing?

Do you have a better idea for an easily constructed framework they can test animations and weapon interplay on? I suppose an arena might work, but they want the game to shine in massive world changing sieges, and frequent castle battles. You can test your connectivity and server stability better when it's closer to the finished product. Considering the current goal is pvp data how would you do it?
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ventharien wrote: »
    arzlom wrote: »

Do you have a better idea for an easily constructed framework they can test animations and weapon interplay on? I suppose an arena might work, but they want the game to shine in massive world changing sieges, and frequent castle battles. You can test your connectivity and server stability better when it's closer to the finished product. Considering the current goal is pvp data how would you do it?

a huge colosseum would have worked wonders
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    CM KalezCM Kalez Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    ziz wrote: »
    Careful what you say, they ban for almost anything
    Imagine still being a salty so long after you got in trouble for saying really out of line stuff
    Kalez.png
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of BR games either and absolutely suck at them but I'm more than happy to test and report any bugs I find. Or give everyone a free kill lmao.
  • Options
    Is there something like a Spectator Mode? I do not want to play a BR, but I would run or fly around their map to watch the action and explore. My presence in the game map might provide some data the devs want to have.
    If they gave me something PvE-related then I might spend a lot of time there. Achievements for gliding from one place to another. Exploration points of interest and hidden areas. Give me something to do when I see a pvp fight going on. If Im an invisible ghost, I could drop random gear that is randomly good or bad, or I could set traps, or cheer on a good play that gives everyone nearby a small buff.

My point is, I could check out the game map and exist in the world for testing purposes without needing to actually do the battle royale
  • Options
    FlashmanFlashman Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    The thing that surprises me the most is that I don't think BR games would really appeal to the average AoC player. Sure, there will be SOME crossover but, on the whole, the genre is one that I don't believe more thoughtful and serious MMO gamers are too interested in at all. How well do these guys know their audience?
  • Options
    ribenjiribenji Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    my personal opinion:
    we gave them money to create aoc, an mmorpg
    what we did not knew is that they wanted to create two games, aoc and apocalypse.

I'm quite sad that the money we pledged is used for something else than originally planed.
    I know they work on aoc quite a lot, but the time and effort put into apocalypse should be invested into the main game.
    Apocalypse could come after the main game, but not before.

That is just my point of view.
  • Options
    ArgentDawnArgentDawn Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    ribenji wrote: »
    my personal opinion:
    we gave them money to create aoc, an mmorpg
    what we did not knew is that they wanted to create two games, aoc and apocalypse.

I'm quite sad that the money we pledged is used for something else than originally planed.
    I know they work on aoc quite a lot, but the time and effort put into apocalypse should be invested into the main game.
    Apocalypse could come after the main game, but not before.

That is just my point of view.

APOC was never meant to be a game it was originally a closed test period and they opened it up to people to get a larger sample size. People asked for it and intrepid obliged and monitized it. I don't really see anything wrong with what they did as APOC is helping with optimization and netcode. Does it sidetrack them a little... Obviously but it also gives them a lot of information to use going forward. As long as they get APOC stable then stick to skins and balance it shouldn't Impeed the MMO to much.
  • Options
    KotterKotter Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    i also am not into the PvP. i will wait for MMORPG. no rush for me.
  • Options
    BluehBlueh Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    AiRover wrote: »
    I installed Apocolypse, played for a couple of hours and realized that the game has nothing for me. Thought I'd give it another try and could not get game to start on the second time around. Didn't feel like going through 2 or 3 hours install and update for a game that seems to have nothing to offer. I went ahead and uninstalled and won't mess with this product again. There are already 10000 PVP games out there. Can't someone make another good true mmorpg? Role play and character development are fun. Killing other players (PVP) is not fun.

You do realize the mmo will be PvP aswell right? Like Alot of that game will Have a chance of u being killed by other players.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Suddenly rebels keep on popping out of the god damn walls!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    BR games are okay, people can have their own opinions. The game wasn't realistically going to come out soon either way, so I just see it as a plus to be able to play anything related to it at all. Otherwise it would just be dead silence I'd assume, or just those livestreams and alphas and betas far off.
    Poko.png
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I never like BR games but at this point I may as well play and report bugs just so I can spend more time in alpha 1 :D
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    I like BR games, they're the ones I've played a lot. I can understand why people don't like them though too. I see perfectly fine reasons both ways c:
    Poko.png
  • Options
    bakes82bakes82 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The issue isnt BR Games. The issues is alot of us only play MMOs, we dont want to play a BR and they are rewarding people with cosmetics for use in the MMO. See the problem. You either need to play if you want the items, or they force you to pay more for them because you always die over and over get 0 exp, quest are horrid. The BR game is just SHITE, nothing like how the MMO/PVP is going to be. just a money grab.
  • Options
    zephariazepharia Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited October 2019
    bakes82 wrote: »
    The issue isnt BR Games. The issues is alot of us only play MMOs, we dont want to play a BR and they are rewarding people with cosmetics for use in the MMO. See the problem. You either need to play if you want the items, or they force you to pay more for them because you always die over and over get 0 exp, quest are horrid. The BR game is just SHITE, nothing like how the MMO/PVP is going to be. just a money grab.

The cosmetics are supposed to be a sort of reward for helping intrepid test their game. As said before, this was originally an early test for MANY of the games systems with very minimal work needed to make the mmo systems into a battle royal. In-fact, before players were testing in the battle royal mode they planned on completely scrapping the mode entirely as it was solely for testing purposes.

During testing, players thought it would be a good idea to keep the gamemode up instead of scrapping it to give us something to do and play around with. Intrepid decided to take the communities opinion and do this and extend the rewards they had for alpha/beta testers to people who continued to help in this process.

Also imo, the apoc cosmetics aren't really super special looking. If you've been following the game, So many other good concepts and models have been made even for basic armor obtainable in-game so don't think that you need them really.
  • Options
    bakes82bakes82 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Zepharia, you assume I cant read or understand the concepts of what they are doing. Im a software engineer by trade. This is a money grab.
    They made a new game concept, want people to shell out $$ because they want "Pretty" things, if it was for pure testing it they wouldnt give incentives because thats now how testing works. This is why you are not testing the MMO piece now but others are.
    So when backers like myself see this we dont appreciate it. We funded a MMO and now they are wasting resources on this and want to grab $$. Just look at the reward to get 50 level in a month, there is no way with the current xp rate to do that. Even the quests are limited based on how BR works. Kill 2 people in 1 round, or do xxx damage with xxx weapon. The odds of avg people spending countless hours on BR for a MMO is shameful. At this point they arent testing anything other than server performance. The skills havent changed. And most of the concepts for the MMO arent even in this, this is just combat which for the MMO will change drastically. Youre not going to have 3 skills lol.
    Just because you dont think the cosmetics are cool doesnt mean people dont like to collect them. This is what Im saying. It would be like you go buy a Ford SUV and they be like oh well heres a Chevy compact instead.... Tell me you wouldnt be pissed.