Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Disappearing chests

Subject: Chests sometimes disappear when you walk close to them

Description
Chests will sometimes disappear when walking close to it. The chests in question have not been opened.

Bug Reproduction Steps
Find a secluded chest shortly after landing
Move to open the chest
It disappears sometimes (about 10% of the time)

Expected Result
Chest doesn't disappear, netting you some sweet sweet loot

Bug Report - Actual Result
Chest has a chance to disappear, no loot for you. (sad violin)
04EcQiC.png

Comments

• Options
    OlwysOlwys Member, Intrepid Pack
    this happened to me yesterday.
  • Options
    GorTavaroGorTavaro Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    happened to me today
    U4DDl1E.png
    Heroes of Many Expeditions || EU || Exploration Oriented
  • Options
    BluBOoBluBOo Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    afaik, it has something todo with the LODs. the chest is already looted but it shows the normal chest model when youre further away
  • Options
    GorTavaroGorTavaro Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    it didn't change to looted chest. it disappeared completly
    U4DDl1E.png
    Heroes of Many Expeditions || EU || Exploration Oriented
  • Options
    BluBOo wrote: »
    afaik, it has something todo with the LODs. the chest is already looted but it shows the normal chest model when youre further away

These chests are full unopened no one been close to them chests that go *poof* as soon as you get close. Its not a LOD issue showing a chest where one isnt, or showing a full chest to walk up and its opened, because the chest disappears as if it was never there when its just a small distance from your character model. It seems to happen most often directly after you land. I tested to see if i was crazy or not by landing in a deserted area with no other players a few times.

Its like a mirage, you see a tempting puddle of delicious cold water but when you get close all you see is the bitter disappointment of more sand... Or in most of these cases ive seen, the uncaring floorboards of the house you are looting.
    04EcQiC.png

• Options
    This happened to me just now, I guess it's not fixed yet.