Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The Apocalypse of AoC

I ask of you how many years have you waited for this MMO and where is the result of those years? - Promises and ignoring the community
Ever since the battle royal spawned in Steven's head, there is no work done on AoC, and this is purely base of FACT!
-All we saw are/were part of the BR, "that will make the dev of AoC so much easier" watch all dev diaries series, even the node one is full of BR and just talk.
-Apoc is such an alpha 2 and no open beta, play it and you will see what I mean. All the focus from the entire Intrepid studio needs to go to bug fixes, optimizing the client, etc so there is no physical time to work on the MMORPG, it will take ApoC at least 1.5 years until they can focus on the MMORPG (and they will to that because of .................greed)
-Steven is money hungry and ignores the community, like we had our forum taken down, no explanation, no nothing, banning left and right anyone that dare to say anything. With a single way of communicating on discord and that censored hard.
(Nice way to treat the community that gave you $3,271,809 and much more after GG WP!)
And now poof all is fun and joy
THE MONEY THE GREED:
-The Kickstarter conclusion: until Intrepid proves me otherwise just lies and deceit!
-Buy our packs that are not even rendered 3D, just drawings and text for a lot of money with the promise we will make the game.......finger crossed
-play ApoC and you will get X and Y in MMORPG ( free armor, pets, flying mounts, they will go as far as promising 1 year free of subscription just to put life into the battle royal, now you don't miss that train Intrepid)
-Look at the Apoc store ALL cosmetic and customization is behind a wall of money!

They don't realize that there is not enough players base for an MMORPG PVP BR to make money off.
You either have BR fans or MMO fans. WE LOVE PVP, but in an MMORPG
They prey if they force you to play it, just to have something cool in the MMO, you will love it and will be the next fortnite.

HARD TRUTH: THERE WILL BE NO MMORPG and if they make it it will be in a hurry and will die just like other MMO.
I'm sorry hope they don't delete this post, Good Luck in finding the MMO you crave for!

Comments

• Options
    cyanideinsanitycyanideinsanity Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    edited October 2019
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    While I am upset about a lot of things intrepid are doing (my.com), I still believe that the MMO will come out. When? I have no idea, and I have no idea if it will live up to the hype but that the risk I took when I backed the game. All I can do now is wait and see and enjoy the comunity.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Anyone else find it ironic that this comes out days after the end of a free cosmetic giveaway and while in the midst of another? I do.

I also think OP hasn’t actually been following development at all. We got some hints for certain mounts handling different terrains better than others. We’ve got castle sieges confirmed. The backend work was successful, and we do still see work for the MMO being published. The dragon alone is a big part of the prestige and perks for a big guild. We’ve also got world building tools, different architectural styles being cemented for the node system, and bits and pieces of Verra’s lore coming via cosmetic items’ flavor text and updates on the game assets.
  • Options
    Caeryl wrote: »
    Anyone else find it ironic that this comes out days after the end of a free cosmetic giveaway and while in the midst of another? I do.

I also think OP hasn’t actually been following development at all. We got some hints for certain mounts handling different terrains better than others. We’ve got castle sieges confirmed. The backend work was successful, and we do still see work for the MMO being published. The dragon alone is a big part of the prestige and perks for a big guild. We’ve also got world building tools, different architectural styles being cemented for the node system, and bits and pieces of Verra’s lore coming via cosmetic items’ flavor text and updates on the game assets.

calling it a giveaway is misleading you still had to earn levels to get it
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2019
    *takes a deep breath*

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Okay, now that that is out of the way here is my real comment:
    Why do you complain so much about APOC? Other game producers would not even let you see behind the curtains. "The Apocalypse of AoC", yeah right, more like "I dont want this, make this and that and I dont want to be a part of the process, gimme now, gimme fast!" StarCraft 2 or Diablo3 took 5 and 11 years of development for example! (Diablo 3 began development 2001 in the Blizzard North Studio and got revised three whole times!)

I dont know why so many people expect game developers to push out a game in record time, and if they wanted to try something else on the side line to try out game design like hud configuration, general design of plants/bioluminescence, server configuration, weapon and attack animations, hit tracking for action combat, frontend problems, general animations and destructible environment then please let them fix them now instead of later guys...

I know that many kickstarter peeps dont like apoc, and i can see where they come from, but you cant complain now, when they are obviously still working on the mmorpg...

The kickstarter was released May 1st, 2017. I would say to give the guys at least 5 years to develop a good mmorpg people.... do you want good content or a mediocregame?
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »
    *takes a deep breath*

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Why do you complain so much about APOC? Other game producers would not even let you see behind the curtains. "The Apocalypse of AoC", yeah right, more like "I dont want this, make this and that and I dont want to be a part of the process, gimme now, gimme fast!" StarCraft 2 or Diablo3 took 5 and 11 years of development for example! (Diablo 3 began development 2001 in the Blizzard North Studio and got revised three whole times!)

I dont know why so many people expect game developers to push out a game in record time, and if they wanted to try something else on the side line to try out game design like hud configuration, general design of plants/bioluminescence, server configuration, weapon and attack animations, hit tracking for action combat, frontend problems, general animations and destructible environment then please let them fix them now instead of later guys...

I know that many kickstarter peeps dont like apoc, and i can see where they come from, but you cant complain now, when they are obviously still working on the mmorpg...

The kickstarter was released May 1st, 2017. I would say to give the guys at least 5 years to develop a good mmorpg people.... do you want good content or a mediocregame?

can I still complain about my.com?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Nagash wrote: »
    *takes a deep breath*

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Yes, i hate my.com too Nagash. The only thing that makes me stay on european servers is that my.com is suppoesedly only hosting the servers on their locations, while intrepid provides strict guidelines of the hardware and my.com will supposedly have no access to used software.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Good, I can still complain
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2019
    "Ever since the battle royal spawned in Steven's head, there is no work done on AoC, and this is purely base of FACT!"

Yay, another member that can't tell the difference between fact and opinion (f* me)*-.
    :confused: These have become quite common of late...

===

"-All we saw are/were part of the BR, "that will make the dev of AoC so much easier" watch all dev diaries series, even the node one is full of BR and just talk."

-Do you only think things you have actually read/seen exist? So, like, the development process of every game that you haven't seen simply didn't exist until launch? They did it all that day, the entire game?

===

"-Apoc is such an alpha 2 and no open beta, play it and you will see what I mean. All the focus from the entire Intrepid studio needs to go to bug fixes, optimizing the client, etc so there is no physical time to work on the MMORPG, it will take ApoC at least 1.5 years until they can focus on the MMORPG (and they will to that because of .................greed)"

-'All the focus from the entire studio...' Please, link me to a quote from IS that indicates this so I can accept it as fact.
    -'It will take ApoC at least 1.5 years..." I would like to be let in on the advanced level of mathematics you did to come to this conclusion so that I can verify this number as a fact.

===

"-Steven is money hungry and ignores the community, like we had our forum taken down, no explanation, no nothing, banning left and right anyone that dare to say anything. With a single way of communicating on discord and that censored hard.
    (Nice way to treat the community that gave you $3,271,809 and much more after GG WP!)"

-So, because the forum went down that equals ignoring the community? We are going to ignore all the Q&A Livestreams, the QTE fiasco, and the Summer Backer Initiative because the forums went down? :confused:
    -Also, the only bans on the forums I am aware of were peeps spreading mass amounts of misinformation and personally attacking people that didn't agree with them (I can see this thread heading that way)
    -At last, Discord is lame this is a FACT based on what we consider facts now.

===

---Since you separated this part out I will assume it's because you know what follows are opinions and not facts, so I will respond as such. I actually liked and agreed with most of this part.---

THE MONEY THE GREED:
    "-The Kickstarter conclusion: until Intrepid proves me otherwise just lies and deceit!"

-Not a fact, but I wouldn't disagree

==

"-Buy our packs that are not even rendered 3D, just drawings and text for a lot of money with the promise we will make the game.......finger crossed"

-Yes, but isn't this the same for all pre-order bonus gear? Again, many others have expressed similar concerns and again, I wouldn't disagree

==

"-play ApoC and you will get X and Y in MMORPG ( free armor, pets, flying mounts, they will go as far as promising 1 year free of subscription just to put life into the battle royal, now you don't miss that train Intrepid)"

-I believe this is an attempt to pull their less than BR members into the sway. It also encourages those that aren't interested in the BR to play so they can have more swag in Ashes. However, I would agree.

==

"-Look at the Apoc store ALL cosmetic and customization is behind a wall of money!"

-Yes. Since they are subscription based, have no planned box cost, and won't charge for future content releases, this is a way to keep an additional influx of dollars. I am not sure what you want here though, free cosmetics? At least you didn't call it P2W, those threads occur commonly too. I don't agree with this point.

***Edit to make post longer, yet easier to read

57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • Options
    cyanideinsanitycyanideinsanity Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    fnell wrote: »
    -Steven is money hungry and ignores the community, like we had our forum taken down, no explanation, no nothing, banning left and right anyone that dare to say anything. With a single way of communicating on discord and that censored hard.

They said they were migrating the forums to a host that is better suited for a larger userbase, said they had corruption issues, and waiting for the single sign-on. The only hard truth here is that you must be blind and/or lazy.
  • Options
    *takes a deep breath*

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Yes, i hate my.com too Nagash. The only thing that makes me stay on european servers is that my.com is suppoesedly only hosting the servers on their locations, while intrepid provides strict guidelines of the hardware and my.com will supposedly have no access to used software.

No, people can not complain about my.com if other people should not complain about Apoc. ;-)
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
  • Options
    I am against Apoc too and I understand people's frustration, but damn, this op was salty.. :D
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I tried to read this but there's too many tears in the way
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    ferryman wrote: »
    *takes a deep breath*

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

No, people can not complain about my.com if other people should not complain about Apoc. ;-)

damn. well, in that case, I will complain about my.com in warface ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Karthos wrote: »
    I tried to read this but there's too many tears in the way

Tears from laughter, sadness or both? XD
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I ask of you how many years have you waited for this MMO and where is the result of those years? - Promises and ignoring the community
    Ever since the battle royal spawned in Steven's head, there is no work done on AoC, and this is purely base of FACT!
    -All we saw are/were part of the BR, "that will make the dev of AoC so much easier" watch all dev diaries series, even the node one is full of BR and just talk.
    -Apoc is such an alpha 2 and no open beta, play it and you will see what I mean. All the focus from the entire Intrepid studio needs to go to bug fixes, optimizing the client, etc so there is no physical time to work on the MMORPG, it will take ApoC at least 1.5 years until they can focus on the MMORPG (and they will to that because of .................greed)
    (Nice way to treat the community that gave you $3,271,809 and much more after GG WP!)
    THE MONEY THE GREED:
    -The Kickstarter conclusion: until Intrepid proves me otherwise just lies and deceit!
    -Buy our packs that are not even rendered 3D, just drawings and text for a lot of money with the promise we will make the game.......finger crossed
    -play ApoC and you will get X and Y in MMORPG ( free armor, pets, flying mounts, they will go as far as promising 1 year free of subscription just to put life into the battle royal, now you don't miss that train Intrepid)
    -Look at the Apoc store ALL cosmetic and customization is behind a wall of money!

They don't realize that there is not enough players base for an MMORPG PVP BR to make money off.
    They prey if they force you to play it, just to have something cool in the MMO, you will love it and will be the next fortnite.

HARD TRUTH: THERE WILL BE NO MMORPG and if they make it it will be in a hurry and will die just like other MMO.
    I'm sorry hope they don't delete this post, Good Luck in finding the MMO you crave for!

A majority of their resources is sitll being put on the MMO mate. Please dont shoot shit out of ur butt
  • Options
    Marzzo wrote: »
    THE MONEY THE GREED:

A majority of their resources is sitll being put on the MMO mate. Please dont shoot shit out of ur butt

but where else are you meant to shoot it?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    I am actually surprised how much this Apoc matter still concerns people and how much it still pops up. It is almost about a year when we first heard of Apoc so I personally thought this would been beaten for death already.

Or is the reason for this the lack of information from MMORPG behalf, and how it looks like the focus is mainly or only on Apoc?

I understand the frustration and critic, but not all the rage and hate what I have seen lately happen quite a lot.
  • Options
    I am actually surprised how much this Apoc matter still concerns people and how much it still pops up. It is almost about a year when we first heard of Apoc so I personally thought this would been beaten for death already.

Or is the reason for this the lack of information from MMORPG behalf, and how it looks like the focus is mainly or only on Apoc?

I understand the frustration and critic, but not all the rage and hate what I have seen lately happen quite a lot.

At this point, I think APOC is just a punching bag for everyone's problems with Ashes.

Lack of communication? blame APOC
    Over monetisation? Blame APOC
    lack of a proper EU publisher? blame APOC

That's how I see it anyway
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    I agree with Nagash.
  • Options

calling it a giveaway is misleading you still had to earn levels to get it

Game is free. The cosmetics aren’t on a battlepass. Thus, they’re giving away the cosmetic for free.

Some people enjoy the BR gameplay and will knock out 50 pretty quick, granted I think the new cosmetic looks like someone smeared pumpkin pie on their shirt and called it a day, but still, it’s free real-estate
  • Options
    THE MONEY THE GREED:

Potion launcher, butt modified
  • Options
    THE MONEY THE GREED:

Potion launcher, butt modified

10 poison damage per second
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    BeorBeor Member, Explorer, Kickstarter
    #facepalm :#
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Your all going to forget about apoc once we get into the traditional MMO testing in Alpha 1 and beyond. But then apoc is MMO testing but most seem to miss that well thats my opinion anyway. I know apoc will be the first and last BR I ever play.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    Varkun wrote: »
    Your all going to forget about apoc once we get into the traditional MMO testing in Alpha 1 and beyond. But then apoc is MMO testing but most seem to miss that well thats my opinion anyway. I know apoc will be the first and last BR I ever play.

#neverforgetalpha0
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Varkun wrote: »
    Your all going to forget about apoc once we get into the traditional MMO testing in Alpha 1 and beyond.

When the MMORPG test begins and people can again see the progression of the game they actually backed, you are right, that will help. However, not all will be satisfied at that point, some people are still disapointed and gone because of what happened.
  • Options
    FerrymanFerryman Member
    edited October 2019

At this point, I think APOC is just a punching bag for everyone's problems with Ashes.

Hmmm... Sounds quite reasonable. However, lack of communication and over monetisation can be related to Apoc so I kind of see the connection. What it comes to the publisher, I see that as a totally own concern which has nothing (or not much) to do with Apoc.

In addition, one problem is that there have been very little anything new to discuss with (MMORPG wise). It will also help if we would get more information about the professions and classes for example.
  • Options

Hmmm... Sounds quite reasonable. However, lack of communication and over monetisation can be related to Apoc so I kind of see the connection. What it comes to the publisher, I see that as a totally own concern which has nothing (or not much) to do with Apoc.

In addition, one problem is that there have been very little anything new to discuss with (MMORPG wise). It will also help if we would get more information about the professions and classes for example.

I threw in My.com because Fuck my.com
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    ashoneashone Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2019
    hmm