Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Make 1 spell

Here's another post from Doomfett keeping people together.If you could make up one spell or ability for your class what would it be?? Keep it true to spec and not over do it.

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Well I would love to summon a huge army of undead but that maybe a bit much. If I had to pick one that is "reasonable" I would like to summon a wight that could level up and equip gear.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Yeah I was driving so couldn't do mine until now. For necromancer mine would be blood rain. A AoE that gives one of 3 random plagues. 1 Blood fever that causes that target to take x amount of damage and cause a bleed effect internally. 2 vommiting plague causing a target to be slowed and vomit in a cone and spreading the plague if struck by it and leaving a dot behind. Madness plague causing the target to attack the closet thing to them.
  • Options
    Doomfett wrote: »
    Yeah I was driving so couldn't do mine until now. For necromancer mine would be blood rain. A AoE that gives one of 3 random plagues. 1 Blood fever that causes that target to take x amount of damage and cause a bleed effect internally. 2 vommiting plague causing a target to be slowed and vomit in a cone and spreading the plague if struck by it and leaving a dot behind. Madness plague causing the target to attack the closet thing to them.

That's pretty metal
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Yea brother can't tell I'm going necro
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2019
    Class: Bard
    Augment: Trickster (Rogue)

Spell: Mirage
    Description: User turns invisible for 2sec, leaving behind a Mirage that attacks his enemies for 2sec. After the 2sec, the mirage explodes and inflicts the bleed and daze effect on all surrounding enemies in a 2m radius.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    I have this idea, where the bard is kind of like the Mesmer in GW1. Tons of debuffs like manaburn, stamina burn, crippling, daze and bleed
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »
    Class: Bard
    Augment: Trickster (Rogue)

Spell: Mirage
    Description: User turns invisible for 2sec, leaving behind a Mirage that attacks his enemies for 2sec. After the 2sec, the mirage explodes and inflicts the bleed and daze effect on all surrounding enemies in a 2m radius.

That reminds me of my fav LoL champ shaco without the boxes. Love it
  • Options
    Class: Fighter
    Augment: Bladedancer (Bard)

Ability: Bladethrow
    Description: User throws a blade at the targets location and can dash to the blade for the next 3sec. If user dashes, then inflict bleed effect on all targets in projected path. If user does not dash, then blade explodes into shards, inflicting bleed effect on enemies in a 2m radius.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Class: Rogue
    Augment: Duelist (Fighter)

Ability: Challengers Mark
    Description: User marks enemy as his opponent. Only User can damage the marked enemy and vise versa.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Augment: Bladecaller (Summoner)

Ability: Swordrift
    Description: User summons a mystical sword at target location, dealing magic damage instantly and slowing enemies for 3sec in a 5m radius. User can switch places with sword.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options

Description: User throws a blade at the targets location and can dash to the blade for the next 3sec. If user dashes, then inflict bleed effect on all targets in projected path. If user does not dash, then blade explodes into shards, inflicting bleed effect on enemies in a 2m radius.

I like this
  • Options

I like this

That is because it is also from LoL xD (Katarina mechanic in a nutshell)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    HartwellHartwell Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Primary Class: Cleric
    Spell: Flare
    Cooldown: 1 Minute
    Description: Condenses light magic into a single point before unleashing it, creating a flash of light. Blinds enemies who are facing towards the caster for 3 seconds. Exposes enemies hiding in the shadows. Allows for friendly targets to see entities while blinded by dark magic for 5 seconds.
  • Options
    Another one is For the enchanter (Summoner+Bard) Enchant weapons channeled ability that target friendly gets a buff that increases damage that stacks up to total channel time. If targeting a non friendly gives a debuff enchant that stacks up to full channel time for less damage.
  • Options
    Spirit bomb for the mage/mage where we get an animation of everyone raising their hands. Obviously it will oneshot enemies. And for balance sake give it like 60 seconds to charge up
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
  • Options
    voidshadow wrote: »
    Spirit bomb for the mage/mage where we get an animation of everyone raising their hands. Obviously it will oneshot enemies. And for balance sake give it like 60 seconds to charge up

does it take 6 logins to cast?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Tsukasa wrote: »
    Mage:

Meteor Shower: For x duration, meteors fall from the sky on the selected area, causing AoE fear.

Electric body: Turns the caster into electric charge, gives immunity against physical attacks and allowing the player to hide or travel at lightning speed through conductive objects, including the environment and other characters.

In a serious note:
    It bothers me the fact that most mage skills in MMOs aren't involving the character itself. They just stand still and cast magic. At least that's what we've seen in Alpha 0.

Earth/nature element should involve plants and weather as well, or even utilizing from the corpse of the dead. Just controlling the ground is boring.

Light & Dark element should involve the stars as well, not only time and space.

Black Desert and Dragon Nest managed to make mages very fun. Both are action combat, though.

The Levitation magic in early AoC videos is a good example. want to see the torch too

That is because of the overall fantasy of mages in d&d... Wizards are those that channel magic externally, through incantations and rituals, and lob fireballs through the air, while sorcerers are those that channel magic through their body.
    Channeling magic through your body would also mean that you yourself would be closer to the danger, and a melee mage with devastating magic is too op tbh.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Class: Mage
    Augmentation: Archwizard (Mage)

Spell: Thunderclap
    Description: User claps his hands infront of his body, releasing a wave of thunder in a 5m cone. Enemies that are hit are stunned for 1sec, and take x amount of magic damage.

Augmentation: Spellhunter (Hunter)

Spell: Homingbolt (Reactionspell)
    Description: User can cast Homingbolt each time, after he was hit by an enemies ranged spell. Homingbolt deals 15% of the innitially recieved damage as chaos damage.

Augmentation: Spellstone (Tank)

Spell: Runestone
    Description: User places a runic stonemarker at his position. The stonemarker has x amount of hp, and absorbs ranged attacks in a 10m radius around it, until it dies.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »
    voidshadow wrote: »

does it take 6 logins to cast?

To activate you need to hit "/all i need everyone to raise their hands and lend me their power" in the chat box
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
  • Options
    MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    edited October 2019
    as a healer:
    summon a divine spirit that wraps around a target for 30 seconds, making them immune to all damage, cc and heals them for the duration and doubling their resource gain for the duration. CD 10mins.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Class: Cleric
    Augmentation: Necromancer (Summoner)

Spell: Summon Corpsecarrier
    Description: User summons an undead minion that will fight for him for 1min. The user can sacrifice the Corpsecarrier and heal surrounding allies by the amount of the minions remaining healthpool (healing is divided by number of healed allies).
    Enemies in a 10m radius surrounding the corpsecarrier at the moment of the explosion will be inflicted with the 'Greenblood Plague', slowing their movementspeed, energy regeneration and healthregeneration for 10sec.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Makinoji wrote: »
    as a healer:
    summon a divine spirit that wraps around a target for 30 seconds, making them immune to all damage, cc and heals them for the duration and doubling their resource gain for the duration. CD 10mins.

Even for a 10min cd, that is pretty strong xD. Make it so that people wont be able to interact with everything else and cant cast or attack during the duration and it would be kinda ok? :'D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    as a healer:

Even for a 10min cd, that is pretty strong xD. Make it so that people wont be able to interact with everything else and cant cast or attack during the duration and it would be kinda ok? :'D

It's like a oh shit button don't move wait don't do anything.
  • Options
    Here's one soul Weaver Bard+ cleric. Song of Angels Cd 3 mins gives the party wings allowing faster movement attack speed/ casting speed by 40% and heals for 2%of their total health for 20 secs
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    as a healer:

It's like a oh shit button don't move wait don't do anything.

Augmentation: Acolyte (Cleric)

Spell: Stasis
    Description: User traps targeted ally or enemy in a stasis crystal for 15sec, making them invulnerable for the duration. Trapped user cant use any items, attacks, spells or actions until freed, while trapped user has increased mana and health regeneration.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Class: Oracle (Cleric/Mage)

Spell: Precognition
    Description: The caster is able to tear the winds of time and foresee the near future. Cast on a target area, the caster can see future movement and attack patterns 10 seconds ahead of time for 10 seconds of enemies in that area (basically shows an overlay of the enemy AI moving about and attacking - designed for complex enemy AI).
  • Options
    Class: Cleric
    Augmentation: Oracle (Mage)

Spell: Mana-Fountain
    Description: Caster rips a rift into the ground beneath him, summoning a mysterious well of mana. Allies standing in the well will recieve x amount of additional in-combat mana regeneration.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Ravudha wrote: »

Description: The caster is able to tear the winds of time and foresee the near future. Cast on a target area, the caster can see future movement and attack patterns 10 seconds ahead of time for 10 seconds of enemies in that area (basically shows an overlay of the enemy AI moving about and attacking - designed for complex enemy AI).

That would not really work in PvP though ;D (and it would be brokenly op as well xD)
    How about:
    Description: Caster sees through the veil of time, foreseeing the near future. Raises the dodgechance of the caster for 10sec by 100%. CD: 3min
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Ravudha wrote: »

That would not really work in PvP though ;D (and it would be brokenly op as well xD)
    How about:
    Description: Caster sees through the veil of time, foreseeing the near future. Raises the dodgechance of the caster for 10sec by 100%. CD: 3min

Yeah it's meant for PvE; it could be one of the special utility spells each class gets to predict guard/mob movement to sneak past areas. Just going for something a bit different than a buff/debuff/damage spell :)