Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Make 1 spell

2»

Comments

• Options
    Bladecaller - Echo Swipe

You swing a typical heavy attack strike for 1 chance to hit, followed closely by X amount of summoned blades for additional chances to hits. X = amount of points put into the skill.
    E8OOol.gif
  • Options
    Tank-Spell Shield

A classic cone of cold augmented from the shield bash skill unleashes a wave of ice in front of the caster, depending on tier it can also knock the enemy prone when caught in it or cause cold dot, from frostbite
  • Options
    halbarzhalbarz Member
    edited August 2020
    Class: Cleric
    Augmentation: soulweaver (ranger)

Spell: Flourishing arrow
    Description: Target an ally with this shot, disintegrating on contact heals the target for X Hp and leaves behind an AOE heal around the target healing your other allies for 8 seconds. When "rain of arrows" would land on this field it will refresh the AOE for additional 5 seconds and heal all targets initially for X HP.
  • Options
    mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Chicken Attack! you can change your target into a chicken for 3 seconds. they are immune to all forms of dmg and can move about freely. Their speed is increased too.
    E6qgOoi.png
  • Options
    GroxGrox Member
    For Tank a PVP ultimate. Activate then any player you damage within 5 seconds under 25% health automatically dies. Can be used to kill 3 players max before deactivating.
  • Options
    derpderp Member
    Inspired by DND 5e (I'm a DM IRL :P)
    Bard: Bardic Inspiration. In short, applies a modifier to an ally to assist in succeeding both attack rolls, "spell saves" - could translate to to and defensive type affect, and also non-combat "skill-checks" e.g. you could inspire someone that is mining, and they would have a higher success rate whilst mining. It would be cool to have a "support class" that can buff people even out of combat.
  • Options
    I'd like to see a spell that could teleport an enemy away, kind of like a blink but use on an enemy. Probably to OP though. An example would be if you see a melee training a healer then you banish them away X yards maybe add on root at the end of it. That would be awesome but probably OP..lol
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2020
    Triple wrote: »
    I'd like to see a spell that could teleport an enemy away, kind of like a blink but use on an enemy. Probably to OP though. An example would be if you see a melee training a healer then you banish them away X yards maybe add on root at the end of it. That would be awesome but probably OP..lol

That skill was in one of the spell slots during one of the example streams xD
    Its called Banish and teleports an enemy away from you. (Its for Clerics btw ;D)

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Banish
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    KabanKaban Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    One is way too little so I'll let myself make a few for different classes.

Weaponmaster (Fighter/Fighter):

Armed to the teeth (Passive): Whenever Weaponmaster changes their weapon next attack deals additional 20% damage. Cooldown between weapon swaps is halved.

Cultist (Rogue/Cleric):

Defile Magic: For the next 6 seconds reverts the effects of all beneficial magic active on target (eg. Protection Buff increases damage taken instead of reducing it, healing over time effect deals damage instead of healing)

Spell Sword (Fighter/Mage):

Aetherial Core (Stance): When active reduces weapon's physical damage by 90% but increases elemental damage of on hit effects by 300% and eliminates their cooldowns. While active all bonuses towards elemental damage also affect weapon on hit effects.

Battle Mage (Mage/Fighter):

Proxy's Stigma (Stance): When active caster's spells become melee attacks, they deal 30% less damage but cost 50% less mana and have 25% reduced cooldowns. These spells stats like critical rate, penetration, critical damage, cast time and range are based on the weapon used.

Dreadnought (Fighter/Tank)

Shape of Terror: Lets out a terrifying cry reducing movement speed and attack/casting speed of all affected enemies by 15% and 25% respectively for 10 seconds. Additionally Dreadnought takes 2% less damage and deals 2% more damage for every affected enemy (up to 20). Secondary effect lasts up to 30 seconds and its effectiveness diminishes as the targets die.

Shadow Caster (Mage/Rogue)

Faked Spell (Passive): When casting a spell Shadow Caster can change the spell mid-cast without losing the cast time. Should they change it to the spell with shorter cast time that spell deals additional damage based on extra cast time spent (max 50%). Instant cast spells can be cast while casting other spells with 50% effectiveness penalty and triggering a 3 second internal cooldown.

Assassin (Rogue/Rogue)

Kaleidoscopic Poison: Afflicts target with Kaleidoscopic poison for 28 seconds dealing 60% of melee damage as poison damage on hit then every 4 seconds a new poison effect is added and all the previous ones are refreshed. Available effects:

Weakening Poison: Reduces damage dealt by the target by 10%.
    Lost Thought Poison: Increases spell/ability cost by 33%.
    Virulent Poison: Increases damage taken from DoT effects by 10%.
    Molten Flesh Poison: Absorbs healing equal to 15% of the damage taken while poisoned.

Same poison effect can be applied multiple times multiplying its magnitude.
  • Options
    I hope primary archetypes other than Rogues have (temporary) invisibility.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    Rogue: shadow stab ; travel into the target shadow and stab it.
    +tank : shadow guardian; mark a ally , for x sec if recast , travel into the ally shadow and give a damage mitigation for both.
  • Options
    Rogue/summoner:

A spell that allows you to summon clones as decoys. Maybe not necessarily clones that deal damage but just make it harder to target the real one or allow the player to go into stealth while the clone distracts.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    lunarskylunarsky Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Augmentation: Cleric (High Priest)
    Type of Cast: Channeled (8 seconds max)
    Cooldown: 3-5 minutes

Name: Divine Gate

Description: (AoE Range 20yards) The caster opens up a gate to the divine realm and unleashes a volley of holy spears* onto the battlefield. Allies are healed for X% per second, enemies take X% of damage per second. Corrupted enemies take an additional 50% damage and are stunned for the duration of the cast.

*Uses the assets for the skill Cleric already has in-game except for the gate opening animation

signature.png
  • Options
    My favorite Rogue Assassin ability was "Shadow Mantle" it was a long cool down ability that essentially let you cast on one target that would block healing spells.
    Tyrantor
    Master Assassin
    (Yes same Tyrantor from Shadowbane)
    Book suggestions:
    Galaxy Outlaws books 1-16.5, Metagamer Chronicles, The Land litrpg series, Ready Player One, Zen in the Martial Arts
  • Options
    KesarakkKesarakk Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    Spell: Threads of Fate

Description: You are infused with Divine Wisdom and know the threads that tie those around you. Break those ties that bind your enemies and strengthen your allies.

Ability: Draw health from your enemies and pour that health into your allies.

Animation: Red tendrils of energy flow from enemies into the cleric. White/Golden threads flow from cleric to allies around.
  • Options
    InixiaInixia Member
    edited August 2020
    Dolyem wrote: »
    Rogue/summoner:
    A spell that allows you to summon clones as decoys. Maybe not necessarily clones that deal damage but just make it harder to target the real one or allow the player to go into stealth while the clone distracts.

Doesn't mage have this already? I think its a great ability idea but it should probably be unique to mage imo.
    I'm not sure if it does this already but I hope in pvp it also detargets opponents so you can mindgame them. (edit: and maybe randomizes your position with the clones so players don't get in the habit of knowing which is you easily)

One good ability I would like for summoner though is a swap between caster's pet and the caster location. Its a simple but effective tool for managing pet health, and threats to yourself in pve and pvp. Or maybe a feign death/detarget. edit: I feel like defensive options have often been an issue in pet classes and I'm curious how its handled here.
  • Options
    Spell for Necromancer (summoner/cleric) 'Soul Torrent'- summon souls from surrounding corpses that turn into wispy skulls that volley towards enemies causing damage.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    "Rope trick" for mage archetypes. It is a D&D classic. It would have to be tweaked to suitable for an open world PvP game as it could be OP.

I ignored the spell for years based on it's name. I would think "I don't want to do dumb cowboy tricks with ropes", boy was I wrong. Now it is one of my all time favorites, next to "phantasmal killer", and "Cloud Kill".
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    That all charlatans debuff songs appear as buffs to the enemy but their effect is negative instead of positive.
  • Options
    Paladin: death augment for absorb bubble. In addition to it's normal effects, adds a buff that redirects 💯 damage taken for 6-8 seconds to the recipient of your single target taunt (hatred) as shadow/death magic damage. Damage cannot exceed x% of tanks total health.

I would call this augment/buff Death Shroud. 😁
  • Options
    Lets see; I love these attempts for creative thinking

Spell: Tele-Pack
    Use: Limited to 1 cast every 3 minutes (outside of combat) Recast 1 minute in-combat
    Description: A summoner is always resourceful and draws upon the energies surrounding them to summon emergency aid to help party members. While in combat the spell summons a temporary pet that casts a veil over the party and mitigates damage by 40% but increases casting time of skills and magic by 20% and as a finisher the pet will vanish and leave behind a party boost for the remainder of the battle (Spell length 40 seconds) Outside of combat the spell can be used to summon anything from potions to banquet tables full of nourishment for the party, at higher levels the spell can also resurrect dead party members @ 50% at the cost of a MP damper for 5 minutes.

- Outside of Combat
    - Alchemical Elixir (Healing)
    - Quick Meal (minor HP boost with MP regen @ 15 seconds)
    - Holy water/Bread (Resurrection and HP regen Boost)
    - Festival Stall ( Goods for Sale)
    - Druid Circle (Camp site)

In Combat

- Jester Cat ( Random Buffs based on Tarot Deck pull)
    - Rat Magician ( De-buff monsters and stuns them for 10 seconds)
    - Battle Cherub ( Boosts party and Charms Monsters (cant use in PVP) )
    - Winter Hawk ( Freezes Monsters and Boosts DEF)

Just as a general idea on how my spell Idea would work.
  • Options
    YuyukoyayYuyukoyay Member
    edited August 2020
    Archetype - Bard
    Goddesses Duet
    Cast time - 0
    Length - until it is turned off or changed.
    Passively increase your party's regeneration by x. If you were to take damage your enemy takes x damage in return automatically. Only 1 duet can be active at a time. Bard only mechanic.

Note that the regeneration would effect the entire party, but the other effect would only be for yourself.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    I have to take it from Ragnarok:

Archtype - Summoner
    Cast time 2 seconds
    Chance to fail: 55%
    Ingrigients - Yes. Obtained from Alchemy.
    Name: Abracadabra

The mage can cast the spell to transform a monster into another random monster.
    0,001% chance to turn into a random boss.

In Ragnarok we had Abracadabra Partys were the guild would have a couple of sages keep casting the spell on low tier mobs.
    Money would flow down the drain but it was always fun to see what comes out.
    Most of the time it was not worth it but sometimes you got really really lucky and summoned a rare Dungeon boss.

Could be limited to level node in a certain building. To limit abuse.
    53ap2sc6pdgv.gif
  • Options
    Valento92Valento92 Member
    edited August 2020
    Arcanism2.png
    Arcane Ritual

Class: Enchanter (Summoner/Bard)
    Cast time: 2sec
    Cooldown: 45sec
    Duration: 30sec
    Mana cost: 30%
    Description: Performs an ancient ritual to imbue your summons with arcane magic. Every attack they land will cause them to channel ??? mana back to you with a [25/35/45]% chance to expell a portion of mana to allies around you.

====//====//====

Song of Lament

Class: Enchanter (Summoner/Bard)
    Cast time: 10sec (channeled)
    Interval: 1sec
    Cooldown: 1min30sec
    Mana cost: 90%
    Description: Plays a lost song with your harp locking you in place and dismissing your invocations. Drain your health by 2% at each interval and places a buff on your target that increases their damage and critical chance by [5/10/15]% for the duration of the song.

I'm looking forward to this lovely class and I hope it will be based around resource management, buffs and medium damage. <3

PS. for devs: Please, add creative descriptions to the spells. I love them so much.
    "Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

I heard a bird ♫
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I would create a tank ability.

Class: Tank

Spell: Shield Fracture

Description: Character slams shield into ground in front of him creating a temporary damage mitigation buff for those behind the shield in a cone (maybe only 10% and only enough to protect 10 people max if they are stacked). This last for 15 seconds. When the spell is cast again near the shield, the Tank smashes the back of the shield fracturing the earth in front of it and sending out debris/rocks/boulders in a cone shape twice the size as the defensive buff that deals minor damage and stuns for 2 seconds.

This ability can be used in PVE to prevent heavy attacks from bosses by keeping the ability ready. In PvP is can help mitigate aoe damage and be turned into an interrupt or a mass stun when needed.