Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[SAVE APOCALYPSE] How to answer "We asked for MMO" AND SATISFY EVERYONE [ C L I C K H E R E ] x

Comments

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Except... Apoc is not an MMORPG, so there is no reason to make it look like one.
  • Options
    To be honest, I do not know what there can be done anymore to get things better. Harm is already done and thats it. Changing Apoc any direction does not help imo, those who are waiting only the MMORPG are not interested of Apoc or its content in any forms. And if they change Apocs content too much towards MMORPG then they will piss off the BR fans.
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Apoc is really just a testing environment.
    I don't think they have to change things - especially not to make it like an MMORPG.
    There is potential for them to gain more players as they add new modes, like Castle Siege and Horde.

Suggestions that I've made that kinda makes it more like an MMORPG as a byproduct is to add armor and weapons crafting stations (when they are ready) to the original BR map so that there is something for us to do while we hide in buildings, but the smaller map makes that unnecessary.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Tsukasa wrote: »
    @nagash
    Did you think you will be safe inside the storm? :p

Sorry i'm not sure what you mean?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    NVM I shouldn't boast about my victory and bring unnecessary side talk here. MB
    Just thought it would be nice for us to remember our first encounter, since we're both EU and will most likely see/hear of each other frequently. looks like you don't care . :(

Oh you were talking about the BR I was confused for a moment So you are Alice then?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Are we sharing toon names with accounts here?
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I’m lost, what’s happening in this thread? :|

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    So I saw the title of this thread when there were only 4 posts in it (all the OP, it would now seem), and decided that due to it's name, I'll skip over it.

Decided to have a look at it just now, and really glad I did!
    Azathoth wrote: »
    Play Apoc for the BR or don't.
    This is exactly my thoughts as well.

I chose not to, but am glad that there are people that do enjoy it so as to assist Intrepid in what ever they are gaining from it.

However, this thread has been a good read. Please keep it going.

• Options
    I lost track my self and I was one of the people talking here
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Seeing that no one likes my comments, makes me wonder if you even read it. Maybe I should add a TL;DR:

"Turn APOC into a fully instanced MMO. So MMO players feel welcomed and stay & play. It costs almost nothing(or not)."

Is this good enough?

I thought I made everything clear but no one is trying to counter argument in a constructive manner.

My goal is to make APOC successful as stand-alone.
    and if they need better testing data now, then they should implement the changes NOW.
    I believe this thread has already served its purpose anyway. It should have gotten Intrepid's attention by now. :/

How about: No?
    Intrepid would have to change large amounts of code to implement that, which would mean, that they would have to redirect the needed workforce from the actual mmorpg. They would end up having two mmorpgs and peope would be even more confused.

And in regards to them noticing this: LoL you are really believing that they are reading all threads? I took the Dpsmeter thread to get arou d 5 pages of comments until we had a response xD
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »
    Seeing that no one likes my comments, makes me wonder if you even read it. Maybe I should add a TL;DR:

"Turn APOC into a fully instanced MMO. So MMO players feel welcomed and stay & play. It costs almost nothing(or not)."

Is this good enough?

I thought I made everything clear but no one is trying to counter argument in a constructive manner.

My goal is to make APOC successful as stand-alone.
    and if they need better testing data now, then they should implement the changes NOW.
    I believe this thread has already served its purpose anyway. It should have gotten Intrepid's attention by now. :/

How about: No?
    Intrepid would have to change large amounts of code to implement that, which would mean, that they would have to redirect the needed workforce from the actual mmorpg. They would end up having two mmorpgs and peope would be even more confused.
    I repeat.

*The coding part is mostly moving from queue screen or possibly copying alpha progress to inside the lobby.

*Delaying the project even more in order to perfect it, is not a bad thing. That's what they are doing anyway.

*I thought about that and said that they can easily remove the confusion with very little effort INSIDE the game. Example: Put "Free Version" under the logo, intro, loading screen, ingame corner or anywhere easy to notice.
    Edit: the example above is meant for far future. It is JUST AN EXAMPLE. My idea is "Explain what Apoc is inside the game and make it easy to notice."

I repeat: The coding is not just moving the queue screen into a consistent lobby. It is way more than that...
    Everyone who has really worked with code could tell you that...

The delay would not "perfect" the mmorpg. It would increase their workload to finish a superfiscious addon to the main game. The apoc addon was important for them for a few reasons: gameplay, server stability, backend and frontend compatibility, patcher upgrades and fluent server-client communication.

They should not explain apoc INSIDEthegame, but rather before theconsumer downloads it: write a big fat "PRE-ALPHA TEST" in the name or something...
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    let's face it APOC is dying and quickly the best we can do is move on and test castle sieges
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    I wish Block function would keep trolls away from seeing my posts. Useless forums.
    Edit: also needs Delete function.
    @LieutenantToast

so first you threaten me and now you call me a troll? are there any other insults you want to use?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    edited October 2019
    @Damokles
    APOC is STILL needed. What do you mean "was" ?!
    They want to do 100 vs 100 of one game mode with 0 interaction and uninteresting progression path when the majority of MMO players already moved to Archeage.
    Nagash wrote: »
    let's face it APOC is dying and quickly the best we can do is move on and test castle sieges

We don't need this mentality here...

... this forum is a waste of time, I'm wasting my life, ok. I will stop here.
    @Damokles
    APOC is STILL needed. What do you mean "was" ?!
    They want to do 100 vs 100 of one game mode with 0 interaction and uninteresting progression path when the majority of MMO players already moved to Archeage.
    Nagash wrote: »

We don't need this mentality here...

... this forum is a waste of time, I'm wasting my life, ok. I will stop here.

1. What i meant with the was, was they need to create apoc, not its use or function in the current time.
    2. Nagash has a right to state his opinion, we do not live in china.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    @Tsukasa I do not think your suggestions are all that bad, and some of those can even be quite good ideas. However, the problem might be that people just do not care. I do not personally have intrests towards any stuff related for Apoc, so it does not matter how much content is added there. I guess some people agrees with me, but some people also takes Apoc more like a testing ground or as a BR game and they do not need/want anything more to be added because of that.

So I presume that minority of the AoC community wants anything more for Apoc regardless of the reasons behind this.
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
  • Options
    AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I just prefer Apoc to stay as is until we get Ashes released. Then please implement all sorts of additions and etc.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    “Nobody cares about APOC so here’s a way to fix it.”

*crickets*

“Why is nobody supporting me?”

“Why did you post it here which is the forum for the MMO?”

“There’s nobody in the APOC forum.”

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    LyiatLyiat Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2019
    In this thread we demand immediate responses from the devs and throw a fit when they're too focused on delivering the game they promised to tell you why your ideas won't work, when other members of the community already have.

That about sum it up?

I'm going to be honest, mate. Take a look at your responses and ask yourself if you'd want to put up with someone whose acted in the manner in which you've oriented yourself, because I sure as hell wouldn't. Going off on the developer team for not replying to a thread in a busy forum after a day, implying they don't care? Nah, I wouldn't go near this with a ten foot pole. No matter what their response is they'd only get bad PR from it.

I'm going to tell you this directly - you do not understand how much work you're proposing for them to undertake. The effort it would take to rip out the existing lobby and shove it into the BR's pre-game lobby isn't just some simple cut and paste, it'd be a complete re-work of existing code to something that barely resembles what it currently does for a mode that's universally recognized as dying out, for reasons that you've failed to understand. Even people who LOVE the BR (I myself enjoy it quite a bit) could have told you it has a limited shelf life. Because of how long it was in testing, many of the people who would be playing it NOW unlocked all their cosmetics back in January. Then they played for a while here and... well, there's nothing to keep them here, is there? They're already REALLY good at it, so they've got no real room to improve, no reason to practice. No leaderboards yet, so nothing to strive for (unless they REALLY want that Pumpkin Spice armor). Intrepid can't make more levels with new cosmetics, as that would throw off the flow and progression of later episodes. They already did WAY MORE than I could have hoped with the new map, and even that failed to keep things busy because the 25 player lobbies (perfect for that map size) dropped down to 10.

The BR is dead. Anything that could be done to fix it (brand new suite of weapons, new cosmetics) would only serve to alienate a major part of the audience further and piss people off. Wait for Castle Siege.

Edit - This is pointed directly at OP, no one else.