Unknown file version (APOCClient-Win64-Shipping.exe)

draxiandraxian Member, Pioneer
edited October 2019 in Support & FAQ
I'm receiving the titular error code each time I attempt to launch APOC. I have repaired anticheat using its installer but that has made no difference.

Launching the game via APOCClient-Win64-Shipping.exe works and the standard anticheat message stops me logging in as it should, so there's a problem with the patcher. If I can avoid a full reinstall I'd like to, but am able if absolutely necessary.
Ab6cN4y.png

Comments

• WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People
    same problem, got different errors. if anyone knows would full re-install help ?
    Wololo.png
  • PitouPitou Member, Braver of Worlds
    What worked for me was uninstall the whole game , and delete from c drive anything intrepid , then install and run though APOCClient-Win64-Shipping.exe , which in binaries folder , hope this helps .
  • draxiandraxian Member, Pioneer
    edited October 2019
    Pitou wrote: »
    What worked for me was uninstall the whole game , and delete from c drive anything intrepid , then install and run though APOCClient-Win64-Shipping.exe , which in binaries folder , hope this helps .

I've tried launching through that, but I get a warning about not being able to access online play.

Edit: It does allow me to run the patcher though, so this may fix it after the fact. I'll update.
  • PitouPitou Member, Braver of Worlds
    yeah just press okay on does not allow online play
  • draxiandraxian Member, Pioneer
    Pitou wrote: »
    yeah just press okay on does not allow online play

Seems to be working, thanks.
  • Hi all - while the solution Pitou provided above may help some folks, please reach out to our team directly here with a tech support ticket if you continue to experience this issue: https://support.ashesofcreation.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000558614

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please feel free to reach out to me directly if there's anything further I can assist you with on this topic!
    3ztrsitvhj3s.gif
This discussion has been closed.