Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Thursday, October 31, 2019 at 11AM PDT

Comments

• Options
    CrossBornCrossBorn Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Will skins bought from the store only be a one time use?
    So if I use my Dawnbreaker skin on a mount and I find a better one, will I be able to move that skin to the new mount?
  • Options
    BCGBCG Member, Intrepid Pack
    Will we be able to change the body type of the race we choose to play? Like a buff Orc or a fat Elve?
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Mesis Nope, has been stated multiple times. From the wiki.
    Guns and gunpowder
    Gunpowder (black powder) weapons will not be present in Ashes of Creation.[78]

Weaponry such as Potion launchers, Siege weapons and weapons used in Naval combat are based on the arcane arts.[79]

The elements.[79]
    The use of radiance and darkness.[79]
    As we said in the past, were not really about that black powder life. Instead it's really going to be focused on the arcane arts: The elements; the use of radiance and darkness; and then those being employed in larger weaponry, such as the type of siege weaponry between ship battles as well as those and sieges. A potion launcher is an example of the arcane energies that can be mastered in order to facilitate these highly destructive alchemical blends that can be created.[79] – Steven Sharif
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @CrossBorn All cosmetic skins and KS/Summer rewards are account bound. It has been explained as being a cosmetic "bank." You will take a skin from the bank, apply it to the relevant item in game. When you want to apply it to another item, you will remove it, put it back in the bank, and apply it to the new thing. The only exception to this so far has been purchased dyes which will be one-time or limited use. From the wiki.
    Dye usage
    Dyes are normally one time use items that apply a cosmetic color change on certain items/gear.[35]

The Kickstarter and Summer crowdfunding dyes are sets of unique colors that are not obtainable by players who did not participate in Crowdfunding. These dyes are not usable as normal dyes are. Instead they are used to override the color of another dye obtained in game.[36]

They are assigned to a character from a user's account management page.
    They do not expire, so they may be used to continually override dye colors.
    Once a dye has been overridden it becomes a bound dye to that character, so the colors cannot be sold for in-game benefit.
    When an item is sold or transferred, color changes are reverted.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    Does the aesthetics of a node is also affected by the biome around it? Or does a elven swamp node is going to look the same as a cave or beach elven node etc etc
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Magic ManMagic Man Member
    edited October 2019
    RLTygurr wrote: »
    Will there be a system for switching weapons mid-combat, or will we be locked into one weapon as soon as combat begins?

If so, will it be similar to the BR with multiple options or similar to Guild War 2 with two weapon sets?

@RLTygurr There will be a small cool down (like 2-3 seconds) to switch weapons. There will be 2 weapon slots.
    CrossBorn wrote: »
    Will skins bought from the store only be a one time use?
    So if I use my Dawnbreaker skin on a mount and I find a better one, will I be able to move that skin to the new mount?

@CrossBorn

You can apply 1 skin to 1 mount. Should you choose, you can move a skin to different mounts
    signature.png
  • Options
    PrivatePrivate Member
    edited October 2019
    In the MMORPG will quests and other themepark features be more rewarding than sandbox features when it comes to gaining XP and gold..for instance in terms of progression, would you say Ashes of Creation is a themepark game with sandbox features or vice versa?
  • Options
    What happened to node blogs and dev diaries? It has been months since we had any.
  • Options
    How many players per game do you reckon the servers can currently handle for Castle Siege? Are we close to the original goal of 100vs100 Castle Siege battles?
  • Options
    Hello! Are you planning to add a free mode to APOC? So that you could just walk on the map and watch. Not in combat mode. I want to run around the map and enjoy the beautiful views, but in the battle mode, this is not possible. Thank! Sorry for my english. :)
  • Options
    Can we see some new MMORPG footage please?
  • Options
    Why do you insist on forcing players into PvP instead of launching with both PvP and PvE servers?
  • Options
    DKPGuildsDKPGuilds Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    A lot of focus has been put to the community side of the MMO i.e. with the referral and Node progression system being community driven. For further development in the hands of the community, will Intrepid be making any API or plugins for online web services that Third-Parties may use. For example a plugin for Guild data that can be used to access the Guild Charter and Guild Event Participants, so one day Third-Parties can use this to create Guild PVP tournaments or other community driven content? That way it would encourage a lot more commitment from the in-game community to contribute to growing an established guild but also generate publicity for the game.

There are other things I would like to ask but only allocated one question at a time.
  • Options
    CareFreeCactusCareFreeCactus Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited October 2019
    We have heard/seen elements like fire, ice, and lightning but, will their be other elements like light, dark, blood or a type of gravity element?

Thank you,
  • Options
    In previous discussions it was stated that a combatant flagged character attacking and killing a non-combat flagged character would gain corruption. My question is, will there be a mechanism in place to prevent combatants from using non-combatants as "meat-shields" - that intentionally putting non-combatants between themselves and those they are fighting to thwart effective retaliation.

For example, a combatant could stand in the same area as a non- combatant and attack someone else at long range, and then make sure the non-combatant is between them so any return attacks could potentially kill the non-combatant.

• Options
    sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited October 2019
    Is this a fast travel portal?
    [img][/img]Fo79CpN.jpg
    fNX2ISa.png

• Options
    ZaghalZaghal Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What about adding two skills per weapon in BR?
  • Options
    Will there be unique quest lines that can only be completed once per server? If so, how long will they be and how large in terms of scale will their effect be on the server and the players in it?
  • Options
    ilisfetilisfet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Besides invisibility and silent footsteps, what other stealth mechanics will there be?
  • Options
    We have heard/seen elements like fire, ice, and lightning but, will their be other elements like light, dark, blood or a type of gravity element?

Thank you,

yes in previous livestream it was my question, there will be other types of magic such as light (radiant) and dark magic based on corruption. and gravity (like telekinesis) etc...