Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Thursday, October 31, 2019 at 11AM PDT

Comments

• Options
    ilisfet wrote: »
    Besides invisibility and silent footsteps, what other stealth mechanics will there be?

i think they spoke about it and said they have to see how it goes because if for example, a ranger had the ability to turn into a bush or etc then what about other classes and so on...

meanwhile, there is another type i am aware of which is only activated by pressing ALT+F4 in which case not even the intrepid will see you XD :D kidding
  • Options
    sunfrog wrote: »
    Were the Tulnar created by corruption?

i know you know much my friend so im kind of confused about your question
    but my take on the matter is :
    tulnar are the culmination of all the people and races and sentient beings that failed/were left and did not manage to escape in time.
    so literally they are heavily mutated crossbred sentient beings.
    (imagine the animals in fallout 3)
  • Options
    sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    That's what I figured but I'm just checking. So at first it was just the ten on Verra and they created the Ancients. After the ancients got all uppity they created the four races and somehow corruption was created. Everyone fled to the castles but the anti-corruption spells didn't work in the underground because the underground protection was set up hastily at the last minute when the gods saw not everyone could evacuate and that created the Tulnar.

Or..

The ancients created the corruption and the corruption mutated the animals into monsters. It also started corrupting the people into tulnar and regular people feared and shunned them for being different and they were not let into the castles so a sanctuary was created for them underground.

I'm trying to find out if the Tulnar were created before or after we left for Sanctus, because if we never saw them we might kill them as monsters when we arrive. If they were created before we fled then we know they are people and maybe won't kill them. I guess I should rephrase my question. @caedwyn
    fNX2ISa.png

• Options
    leameseleamese Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will you give us more updates on the mmo? We deserve the transparency that is premised.
  • Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    When are you going to have merchandise for sale again like hoodies, t-shirts, mugs, etc.?
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    Will natural disaster type events happen with the weather system ? and if so will players be able to cause such events say with a summoning ritual like is needed for the siege golem or with special legendary items items such as from a world boss?
  • Options
    Is there going to be a chase element incorporated into the caravan system?

For instance: if the caravan isn't getting attacked, will it go faster? making people have to catch up to it in order to attack it again. Or if it is going downhill will its speed increase?
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Question:

Can you tell or show us anything about the Tulnar? Even ONE current artwork for them would be enough.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Which genres (MOBA, RPGs, other MMOs, fantasy movies etc) Intrepid is taking inspiration from for the abilities that will be present in the MMORPG?
  • Options
    TeylouneTeyloune Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2019
    1.) There seem to be varios (mis)conceptions in the Community about the Tulnar, so i would like to get some clarification on this:

1.1) Did corruption have any effect on the Tulnar, or are the Tulnar simply the result of the major and minor races intermingling with each other?

1.2) Are the different Races compatible with each other to have children by natural means, or are magical rituals required?

Important Note:
    The questions below this are to get some stuff fixed on the Wiki which requires public statements from Steven, so it would be completly fine, if Steven would answer them publicly in Discord (after the Stream?) instead of on Stream.

I'm trying to get stuff fixed on the wiki but in order to be able to do this, we need some clear statements from Steven. We are only allowed to add or remove information on the wiki based on clear public statements.

2.) Steven stated on the 8 April 2018 Pax Livestream that the Tulnar are a Combination 4 races, but in 2019 he said that the Tulnar are a combination of 3 races, which one is the correct number?

Right now in the Wiki it says:
    "The Tulnar is a combination of four different races that were left behind on Verra. This was previously stated to be three different races."

3.) In the past Steven has tried to explain how Tulnar work, but used the word "race" to describe their characteristics which seems to contradict all other definitions of what races are in the game.. (and makes it impossible for us to add this information to the wiki.)
    Could Steven please clarify the following statement which he made on Jahlon's 4/15/19 Stream?

"The way Tulnar works is they have 3 influences, bestial, human and reptilian. The tulnar are essentially 3 races. When you make your character you have dials that you can turn up or down. Bestial is like fur/snout/claws etc. Humanoid bar will pull the snout, take the tranquility down, more skin, etc. Reptilian would be more circular eyes/head, scaly skin influences instead of fur etc. The idea is to give the player influence over those races."

Thank you. <3

Information Sources
  • Options
    nightragnernightragner Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    When are you changing the "Tank" class name to "Druid"?
    and is it possible to add other features to the BR that would overlap the MMO to draw players back?
  • Options
    Taming - is this gonna be viable from the start of a node if one wanted to to main it as an artisan class. due to lack of being able to store tamed mounts

processing - is this artisan class only really able to be started when a node hits stage 3 due to im asuming the fact that you need facilties that are not open until then.
    so should focusing on a gathering class or just farming monsters until then be the focus?

animal husbandry - how is cross breeding speices going to work?

do we need to mounts to pull caravans
  • Options
    CM KalezCM Kalez Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    We know headstart is essential for a smooth launch. However, can we get some re-assurance regarding the restrictions in place to prevent players from gaining an in-game advantage from it? Something as simple as being level 10 before others can snowball players ahead, both progression wise and economically.
    Kalez.png
  • Options
    CMKalez wrote: »
    We know headstart is essential for a smooth launch. However, can we get some re-assurance regarding the restrictions in place to prevent players from gaining an in-game advantage from it? Something as simple as being level 10 before others can snowball players ahead, both progression wise and economically.

It would be nice if they would disable all quests during headstart. If someone wants to obtain an advantage, then let them slog ghrough the grind ;)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    AdoribusAdoribus Member
    edited October 2019
    It was stated ''We're not going to have telegraphed templates on the ground, but we will have telegraphed animations''

Could you elaborate more on this please; how will that look\work etc ?

Thanks
  • Options
    sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter

1.2) Are the different Races compatible with each other to have children by natural means, or are magical rituals are required?

Woohoo!
    fNX2ISa.png

• Options
    Adoribus wrote: »
    It was stated ''We're not going to have telegraphed templates on the ground, but we will have telegraphed animations''

Could you elaborate more on this please; how will that look\work etc ?

Thanks

I think that they mean obvious body motions, like the boss slowly starts an overhead attack etc.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    SeloSelo Member
    edited October 2019
    1- When can we see some footage from the mmorpg, you know, the game we paid alot of money to support?
    2- Can i have a map with 1 enemy i can kill over and over with tab target combat instead for rewards?
    3- How much do you listen to players that DONT like action combat? Right now you only have 100% action combat feedback from the BR so we feel those that like action combat have way to much to say and will affect the game to much in a bad way. The BR playerbase does not represent the playerbase for those that are supporting the mmorpg.
    Affiliate Code:
    0dbea148-8cb8-4711-ba90-eb0864e93b5f
  • Options
    Will the crating professions be UI based(click to craft) or will they be more involved like having to sharpen a blade in a separate minigame for example
  • Options
    RokoRoko Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2019
    do dyes expire? As the durability goes down on my items do I need to re dye them eventually?
    2PXdm1m
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    How much of an effort will acquiring housing take?

Is it straight forward so that you just have to go to city hall and buy it, or is more quest like?
    For the freeholds, do we need to purchase the plot and then build everything ourselves, or purchase pre-set layouts?
  • Options
    Will there be any class/race specific mounts or items in the game?
  • Options
    arisingsunarisingsun Member, Leader of Men
    Any updates on the official music of Ashes Of Creation done by Bear McCreary or any other music composers?
  • Options
    there is a royal mount that only the major and guild master can ride, but is there a legendary pet? and can you explain more about capturing the pet/mount system?
  • Options
    Topcatrs88Topcatrs88 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2019
    The one thing I hate the most in mmos is how stern players are about knowing the ins and outs of a raid in order to join them for it. (ie things like boss order, phases, where to stand, etc) What will ashes do to make joining raiding groups easier and make running the same raid a completely new experience everytime.
  • Options
    KnifepartyKnifeparty Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will Ashes of Creation operate on a labor system ala Archeage?
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
  • Options
    RitchieSHRitchieSH Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will we see any new races come to APOC any time soon?
    Subscribe to RitchieSH. You know you want to
  • Options
    Topcatrs88 wrote: »
    The one thing I hate the most in mmos is how stern players are about knowing the ins and outs of a raid in order to join them for it. (ie things like boss order, phases, where to stand, etc) What will ashes do to make joining raiding groups easier and make running the same raid a completely new experience everytime.

The biggest problem for normal raids is, that the people who dont know the mechanics do not speak up. If you dont speak up, then we cant explain it to you and if we cant explain it to you, then you make mistakes. ^^

It is not always about making things easier, but rather about the communication between players.
    They also once talked about a mixup mechanic for raids, where bosses switch places etc.

"Raids will also have dynamic elements that can change from session to session.
    The types and numbers of bosses and mobs present in the raid and their skill repertoire."
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    kryPrimkryPrim Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How far are the ships?

Are there drawings to the ships?

What does the new breed look like from the Kickstarter campaign?

What does the building style of the new breed look like?

Will you be able to own a tavern in a city, like the Freehold?

What is the location of Castle Siege?

Will there be opportunities for guilds to own buildings in a city?

Will there be guild successes?

Are there any guild mounts you can get from the Guild's achievements, trades and ascents?