Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

release date

2»

Comments

• Options
    BCGBCG Member, Intrepid Pack
    I got cookies.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited January 2020
    Damokles wrote: »
    noaani wrote: »
    Personally, I'd be really happy if social organizations, ships and ocean combat, castles and sieges and the underrealm and Tulnar weren't even in the game for the first 12 months, - these things would have made for amazing post launch DLC.

Taking these things and adding them to a post launch schedule would probably move the games release up 18 months or so.

Problem is, because they were promised with the kickstarter campaign, people would complain if the game doesn't have them at launch (and it would be a somewhat valid complaint, imo).

The problem is they weren't listed in the kickstarter as being post launch features, so they kind of can't be now. I just think Intrepid need to scale things back if we are ever going to see a fully released game.

What did you say? Delay the Tulnar release?!? YOU MADMAN!

What if that meant getting a release 18 months earlier?

Edit - not that just delaying a race would save that much time, but delaying everything I listed until post launch probably would.
  • Options
    HumblePuffinHumblePuffin Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited January 2020
    noaani wrote: »
    What did you say? Delay the Tulnar release?!? YOU MADMAN!

What if that meant getting a release 18 months earlier?

Edit - not that just delaying a race would save that much time, but delaying everything I listed until post launch probably would.

Not gonna lie, I would be pretty salty if this game launched without the Tulnar. I really don’t want to start off with anything else.
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @noaani Already discussed during the KS. <speculation> They will release as much as they can get done this year and go for a "release" by the end of 2020 and add features as they go. Too many other games are latching onto their ideas *cough New World cough* for them to delay much beyond that and miss market share.
    scopecreep.png
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    More money is no help when you need to rebuild the back end of your game because it is in efficient. Delays happen and no amount of extra cash will prevent that.
    All I want is the final product as close to as promised.

I have backed AOC for far more $$ than any other game because the concept appealed to me fare more than any other MMO before or that is still in development. I spend my money on the cosmetics that appeal to me there is no thought given to who might be employed or what not.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    @noaani Already discussed during the KS. <speculation> They will release as much as they can get done this year and go for a "release" by the end of 2020 and add features as they go. Too many other games are latching onto their ideas *cough New World cough* for them to delay much beyond that and miss market share.
    scopecreep.png
    I didn't know they had said that, but this is really good to know. Based on that quote, I have to concur with your speculation above.

I mean, sieges will obviously be in the game at launch - they were not a part of the kickstarter, and the node system kind of needs them to fully function.

I'd also expect Tulnar to be in the game at launch, though it is possible that the reason we have less information about them than other races is bexause they are holding off on development of them for now as they have an out for not having them ready by release.

I have always had low expectations of the ocean based content for launch - my assumption was always that it would be implemented in the most basic form possible and then expanded upon post launch.

The exact same can be said of my expectations for social organizations.

The only other non-fluff kickstarter unlock was the last one - a more comples economy. This needs to be in at launch or not at all, imo.

While not shaving the 18 months of development time off that sieges and the underrealm would if they were halted, there is still potential for 6 - 9 months of time there.
  • Options
    consultantconsultant Member
    edited January 2020
    Did not star citizen take 6 years from what I heard they when released they released just the core game is not that true. One time I was at the web site and the funding was 166 million and game still not relaesed still had a year to go so....
  • Options
    The game's full launch was originally anticipated to be in 2014, but significant expansion of gameplay features have led to postponement. Squadron 42, a single-player story-driven game set in the same universe as Star Citizen, is also being developed.

Did a tiny bit of research found this bit at wiki
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I would accept it, if they at first only have basic water based caravans, and they then implement an update where they add in all the other water based content.
    Regarding tulnar... I really fell in love with the idea behind the tulnar concelt and dont really want to play any other race, because i will have to make another character later...
    The tulnar community may be small, but we are the most zealous of them all xD
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    consultant wrote: »
    Did not star citizen take 6 years from what I heard they when released they released just the core game is not that true. One time I was at the web site and the funding was 166 million and game still not relaesed still had a year to go so....

Star Citizen is currently still in open development with 263.789.129 dollars in funding.
    Star Citizen and Ashes are the games with most of my money spent tbh xD
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I feel like we barely have any info on races... not just Tulnar. A bit of info on Humans and Elves.
    Sounds like the devs are already working on the Underrealm, so seems unlikely that Tulnar won't be in at launch. It's not going to save them a significant amount of time.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2020
    scopecreep.png

New World claims to be an MMORPG but they still have a 1000 player 'shard cap' so they can't really claim to be an MMORPG imo.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    I think we will have races info once character creator will be launch.
    between 1 month and week before launch of the full game.
  • Options
    Neurath wrote: »
    scopecreep.png

New World claims to be an MMORPG but they still have a 1000 player 'shard cap' so they can't really claim to be an MMORPG imo.

Thats on par with some older MMO's.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2020
    It may be the case that other games share the same size but I didnt rate those as MMORPGs either because once I tasted the larger servers with a wider player base the difference was clear. I dont mind old school games yet some are part of the old formula for a reason. I still dont think New World can be considered an MMO because it lacks raids too. Though the term MMORPG has a wide genre after more than 30 years of existence. I believed they lacked class structure too but the items in the game do indeed give roles. Namely a healing glove because I was scouting for games to heal in and it appeared New World wasnt one of them until a few days ago. Yet Ashes of Creation will be the best which is why I backed Ashes of Creation and not New World. Really if Amazon wants to steal they have a 'defence' because they use items instead of classes. Bit of a weird setup really because it's not yet clear how people obtain said items in New World. The less I say about BDO and the lack of raids the better.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Alpha-1 around the corner and Castle Seiges, can't wait!
    :D
  • Options
    Think ounce we get a playable version things will be fine.