release date

Hello

I wonder if the game (ashes of creation) has a release date.

Comments

  • Nope.
  • Soon(TM)
    KkvMmA5.png
  • We do not even have an Alpha start date.
  • No ETA on release date yet. Kind of a blessing in disguise, its a huge platform, get the helpings early so you won't be lost later.
    d0ONbTY.jpg
    Heron Marked Blade
  • sunfrogsunfrog Member, Pioneer
    I have all the dates for you.
    Castle Siege - When it's ready. Maybe a couple of months.
    Horde Mode - A couple of months after that.
    Alpha 1 - A couple months after that. So like 7-8 months from now.
    Alpha 2, - Late 2020
    Beta 1, Beta 2 - 2021
    MMO - Late 2021 or early 2022

    fNX2ISa.png


  • vmangmanvmangman Member, Founder
    Haha there is no release date anymore, but even if it had a release date you can’t trust a thing that Intrepid says.
  • tatianatatiana Member, Pioneer
    Keep in mind that this is a crowdfunded game, without a huge development team..So..
  • vmangmanvmangman Member, Founder
    tatiana wrote: »
    Keep in mind that this is a crowdfunded game, without a huge development team..So..

    That is false. It’s privately funded by Steven. The Kickstarter was, according to Intrepid, just a way to get the community involved and to market the game.
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds
    vmangman wrote: »
    tatiana wrote: »
    Keep in mind that this is a crowdfunded game, without a huge development team..So..

    That is false. It’s privately funded by Steven. The Kickstarter was, according to Intrepid, just a way to get the community involved and to market the game.
    From the beginning one of the big appeals to this game compared to other MMOs on Kickstarter was that this wasn’t an upstart group of dreamers wanting to make a game. This was a polished team including veterans with big studio experience and they already had the money they needed to make the game, they just wanted crowdfunding to see how much they could add beyond the core. Hence the aggressive estimate on release and the really polished trailers, and so on.

    How much has changed since then. They clearly overestimated their resources and expertise. They’ve shown over time that despite their claims, they’re no better than any other indy developer taking on an ambitious game.
    U752vHP.png
  • Atama wrote: »
    They clearly overestimated their resources and expertise. They’ve shown over time that despite their claims, they’re no better than any other indy developer taking on an ambitious game.
    I think this is about as accurate a statement as can be made about Intrepid.
    They are no better than any other indy developer - but at the same time they are no worse.
    They are by no means a Bethesda, Activision or EA, but if they were, I for one wouldn't be here.
  • mastermaster Member, Leader of Men
    edited December 3
    As a Leader of Men backer I've considered myself pretty patient. But I did notice that everytime I checked in there were monthly, seasonal, and random conceptual micro-transactions. Conceptual outfits and pets and the like. I feel like those sorts of things are drastically different than the conceptual kickstarter backing. If they are still doing that, then I think the same red flags that would be raised over say... Star Citizen, should also be raised for this game. I don't know how the more active members here feel on this topic but.., I've kind of already written off that 1000 dollars as a bad life choice. I hope I'm wrong, but being a skeptic is healthier than veiling yourself.
  • pyrealpyreal Member, Pioneer
    master wrote: »
    As a Leader of Men backer I've considered myself pretty patient. But I did notice that everytime I checked in there were monthly, seasonal, and random conceptual micro-transactions. Conceptual outfits and pets and the like. I feel like those sorts of things are drastically different than the conceptual kickstarter backing. If they are still doing that, then I think the same red flags that would be raised over say... Star Citizen, should also be raised for this game. I don't know how the more active members here feel on this topic but.., I've kind of already written off that 1000 dollars as a bad life choice. I hope I'm wrong, but being a skeptic is healthier than veiling yourself.

    ..i have 2.5k into SC 0_o
  • ExelaExela Member
    master wrote: »
    As a Leader of Men backer I've considered myself pretty patient. But I did notice that everytime I checked in there were monthly, seasonal, and random conceptual micro-transactions. Conceptual outfits and pets and the like. I feel like those sorts of things are drastically different than the conceptual kickstarter backing. If they are still doing that, then I think the same red flags that would be raised over say... Star Citizen, should also be raised for this game. I don't know how the more active members here feel on this topic but.., I've kind of already written off that 1000 dollars as a bad life choice. I hope I'm wrong, but being a skeptic is healthier than veiling yourself.

    I'm a braver of worlds backer so i feel this.

  • pyreal wrote: »
    master wrote: »
    As a Leader of Men backer I've considered myself pretty patient. But I did notice that everytime I checked in there were monthly, seasonal, and random conceptual micro-transactions. Conceptual outfits and pets and the like. I feel like those sorts of things are drastically different than the conceptual kickstarter backing. If they are still doing that, then I think the same red flags that would be raised over say... Star Citizen, should also be raised for this game. I don't know how the more active members here feel on this topic but.., I've kind of already written off that 1000 dollars as a bad life choice. I hope I'm wrong, but being a skeptic is healthier than veiling yourself.

    ..i have 2.5k into SC 0_o

    I know the feelling xD it just kind of... happens? XD
    KkvMmA5.png
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men
    Damokles wrote: »
    pyreal wrote: »
    master wrote: »
    As a Leader of Men backer I've considered myself pretty patient. But I did notice that everytime I checked in there were monthly, seasonal, and random conceptual micro-transactions. Conceptual outfits and pets and the like. I feel like those sorts of things are drastically different than the conceptual kickstarter backing. If they are still doing that, then I think the same red flags that would be raised over say... Star Citizen, should also be raised for this game. I don't know how the more active members here feel on this topic but.., I've kind of already written off that 1000 dollars as a bad life choice. I hope I'm wrong, but being a skeptic is healthier than veiling yourself.

    ..i have 2.5k into SC 0_o

    I know the feelling xD it just kind of... happens? XD

    just think of it when it comes out :D
    nJ0vUSm.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • leameseleamese Member, Braver of Worlds
    I'm expecting some big announcements at the end of the year. They skipped the Q3 creative directors letter, so the Q4 (and end of year) letter might contain some big ones. Steven also said castle seige and A1 might launch at the same time.. So we might get some dates in that letter :):). Pls pls A1 in Q1 or Q2 2020 ^^
  • kingoelckingoelc Member
    I am back after a long break and was hoping to see something of substance. Clearly, this is why crowd funded games are rip offs. Once they have your money they can do whatever they want... Like create a game no one wanted (Apocalypse). I doubt we will see this game released. I just count this as money I would have wasted on red bull. Lol. Would love to see this game in it's full glory. Just not going to hold my breath.
  • ShoklenShoklen Member
    It use to be "before 2020" but that has long been scratched.. I'd imagine Before 2022... as a worst case.. If we hear anything about alpha 1 anytime soon (within months) then perhaps it might be Before 2021..
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds
    You should not hold your breath for any game to be released.
    More games in development turn into vaporware than get released.
  • UndeadCanadianGamerUndeadCanadianGamer Member, Braver of Worlds
    edited 1:11PM
    If this doesn't come out, think of how much money @Steven has 'wasted'. Remember that the game was fully funded before the Kickstarter. Kickstarter was just to expand a little and to gauge the interest.
Sign In or Register to comment.