Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Do kickstarter backers get summer crowdfunding rewards?

KuldjuxKuldjux Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited December 2019 in General Discussion
I've just been watching the daystrider mule creation video and it looks pretty cool. However, it seems that this is a Summer Crowdfunder reward. I remember it being mentioned that kickstarter backers would also receive Summer rewards of the same tier. Is this still the case, or has there been an official announcement otherwise?
@LieutenantToast
@MargaretKrohn
BamUhO9_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Comments

• Options
    GumdropsGumdrops Member, Explorer, Kickstarter
    The Summer Upgrade Campaign for Kickstarters was for a limited time only.
    And there was an official announcement inclusive guide
    Reminder to stay on topic
  • Options
    KuldjuxKuldjux Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ah ok so we would have to buy them separately. Cheers for the link I thought we would get them automatically.
    BamUhO9_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There was one reward that I think went to all Kickstarter and summer crowdfund backers as a result of a summer stretch goal that didn’t get reached but they gave it to us anyway. I think it was a “Wand of Wonders” or something along those lines.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There are a grand total of 3 rewards that we got. The Founder's Dance, the Furniture Set, and the Wand of Many Things. The number of backers fell short of getting the Furniture Set by just a few, so Steven said during a livestream that he would buy the remaining packs to unlock that stretch goal. The Wand was unlocked for us as a bribe to get people to stop screaming about how offering the lifetime sub again was not exclusive.
    c5d55492221298d76a0fab8b4a4cbf9a.png
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    (You often say it's not worth your time to search for dev quotes - but I always very much appreciate the effort. Thanks!)
  • Options
    MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    ^
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What would be wonderful is if Kickstarter backers got to choose to get the Kickstarter or Summer backer rewards. Either blocks, or each 'matching' pair of rewards.
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Undead Canuck KS backers get the three rewards listed above from the Summer campaign. They have the option to purchase all the Summer cosmetic rewards a la carte. The KS packages on their own were a huge value, being able to pick and choose the other stuff you want from Summer was a nice solution they didn't have to offer. We have had people post in Discord that they think because they backed in KS they should get all the monthly cosmetics that have been released also gratis. And if you want to upgrade your KS you don't have to buy a separate package at full price, you just pay the difference. My opinion, more than fair, but I realize there will always be people who want more for less or nothing.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I totally agree. I just thought it might be cool if they offered it. I was not asking for it.
    I have already upgraded my Kickstarter package, and bought some cosmetics from the store.